Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Fastway Couriers Pathetic Service

Seeds for Africa

:mad:I am writing about a recent experience I have had with Fastway Couriers, to see if any other users of Fastways services have had similar experiences.

On the 11th of February 2013, we sent a parcel with Fastway to a customer in Pretoria.

The customer contacted us on the 11th of March a month later to say that he had not received the parcel, that he had been trying to sort it out with Fastway but he was not getting anywhere and could we assist. From what he could understand the parcel had been delivered to a street with the same name in JHB and not Pretoria (despite the fact that we clearly labled the parcel with the Annlin, Pretoria address).

I emailed Albert Mooj - The Director of Fastway in Cape Town (I assume he is the Cape Regional Franchisee), copied to the General Manager - Herman Kleynhans, asking them to please advise what had happenned with this order, and if it could not be found how we go about opening a claim.

2 days later on 13 March and I had still not received any response so I resent the email.

I had a reply back on 13 March from Herman Kleynhans that they were investigating and would supply me with answers shortly.

12 days later I had still had no response so I emailed Herman again on 25 March, expressing my concern that they had been investigating this for 12 days and I had received zero feedback. I also called Herman the same day to ask him what was happenning. He was full of apologies as he said he had been away but had handed it over to a staff member to deal with it, who had obviously done nothing about it.

I had a call back from Herman on the 26th of March to say that he had tasked people in the JHB office to find out what had happenned and he would revert shortly with their findings.

Another week passed and I had heard nothing back, so I emailed them on the 2nd of April advising them that I am still waiting for feedback and that I have now replaced the customers order, have had to pay to courier it door to door, using an alternate courier service and that I would like to open a claim. I expressed my iritation with this issue and that I was under the impression that they were just "fobbing me off" with their so called investigations into this issue.

As of today, I have still not had a reply to my email.

What concerns me is that the person I am dealing with is the General Manager. Even more concerning is that all my correspondence has been ccd to the Director - Albert Mooj, who I would have liked to think would have stepped in by now to assist in resolving this issue, but I havent heard a word from him. I cant understand how any organisation can take over a month to investigate a pretty simple issue. It appears to me that as an organisation, they frankly don't care.

This is not the first issue that I have had with Fastway.

Would be good to hear if anyone else has experienced issues with Fastway.

Edited by Seeds for Africa

alloway65

I have received quite a number of packages delivered to me by Fastway and they have always been very quick & efficient. Once I tried to sign up with Fastway and the rep arrived one week late for an appointment so I told her thanks but no thanks!

I use MDS Collivery not as cheap as Fastway but excellent service over the past 2 years.

RAG Auctioneers

Hi Seeds For Africa,

We have had the EXACT same problems with Fastway - and not just once.

We also emailed the general manager, director, etc and no one bothered to reply.

Fastway are very cheap, but expect NO service after buying the booklets.

Once they have your money, you are on your own.

Pathetic actually.

Seeds for Africa
Hi Seeds For Africa,

We have had the EXACT same problems with Fastway - and not just once.

We also emailed the general manager, director, etc and no one bothered to reply.

Fastway are very cheap, but expect NO service after buying the booklets.

Once they have your money, you are on your own.

Pathetic actually.

Hi Rag........ Thanks for your reply. Yes, I agree with you. Fastway are cheap and you get exactly what you pay for...... cheap service!