Sign in to follow this  
Trailrunner

Unfair SNC's from seller HELP!!!!!

Trailrunner    10
Trailrunner

:mad: Hi all some advice needed please as I am about to burst a blood vessel. Two weeks ago I bought two cell phone charger bits after asking several questions from a seller, (Zasttra) to make certain that I was getting the right bits. On his advice I used the buy now option and bought the two bits paying my R169.00 immediately which included overnight postage. As confirmation I checked with the seller that the charger would be posted overnight and that the correct bits would arrive to which he admitted that the one cable was in fact incorrect.

As a consequence of this he recommended that i go back and rebid on another item and we could sort out the difference in the finances later. he also stated as they only posted twice a week I would need to wait until Monday before my goods were posted. This was Wednesday. I asked logically what the point of offering an overnight postage option was if I still needed to wait 6 days before recieving my goods and became quite exasperated. Anyway long story short he cancelled the sale without informing me and returned my money to my BoB account. Billing informed me that the transaction had been reversed and that the money had been deposited by the seller.

Okay, so I am a little peeved but lesson learned about cell phone chargers, unhelpful sellers and how the transaction reversal process works. I decide however to move on with my life secure the correct charger bits with no further problems and life is rosy.

TONIGHT I receive a confirmation that two SNC.s have been filed against me. I lost the plot.

1.I paid immediately for the goods and shipping in full.

2.I communicated clearly all the way through the transaction with the seller.

3.The seller decided to request the reversal of the transaction and refund my money, not me.

4.BoB were only too aware of the conditions of the cancellation of the sale and in fact facilitated the transaction reversal themselves.

So that begs the question I think that I have been unfairly treated and don't want or deserve these SNC"s against my name.

I appreciate that there is an appeal process but why should I have to go through that when there was essentially no sale to speak of and BoB themselves passed the cancellation request. Lastly what if the appeal process does fail then I sit with those SNC's unfairly etched forever onto my profile.

I do not think that this is fair I have been on BoB for over ten years and have conducted every transaction with care diligence and integrity. This I feel is grossly unfair and would like advice from those more senior and experienced on this site to advise as to how I should proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Well the sale is not complete(SNC) it has been cancelled.Whatever the reason an SNC must be filed

The important thing here is the reason he gave for the SNC

He should have said seller and buyer agree to cancel sale or buyer rejected product

If he gave the reason as non-payment then he would be wrong.

I can't see what the issue is that you have here.The SNC's will not count against you and neither of you can give a rating

unless you did not pay and the SNC stated this.

SNC's are filed for various unforseen reasons everyday and Bob will not keep a record against you.

Edited by geewhizz

qball    11
qball

My understanding is that the sale was cancelled by mutual agreement. When the items are bought on the site, the seller is automatically charged a success fee at that point. The seller then files the SNC to recover the success fees charged (in this case no sale was taking place by mutual agreement as per your emails to Solanche).

The seller selected the following reason for the SNC's - Seller and Buyer agree not to proceed with sale. This is the correct reason as far as we can tell, you have now appealed that, even though you have agreed to cancel the sale. Wale requested us to refund the money back to you as a result, which we have done and you were happy with this as per your emails to Solanche.

The SNC will not count against you, it only counts against you if you failed to pay or did not agree to the terms of sale, which is not the case. The SNC's have been finalised and your appeal accepted and that nobody was found at fault and the success fees will be reversed back to the seller.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

qball states it clearly. I think often buyers get really stressed when they see SNC, they are not always aware that it is the only way that the seller can get their fees back. It isn't only for problematic transactions. Don't stress it does not reflect on you in anyway if it is a cancellation !

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

I've had similar cases, where an order is cancelled and when I file the SNC as "buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale", shortly afterwards receive an appeal or email from the buyer with the same kind of reaction and shock. I think many sellers use "SNC" to intimidate or "threaten" buyers into paying, which results in these type of misunderstandings and reactions to SNC's.

The other thing is, when the SNC notification goes through to the buyer, the email clearly states what it's all about...

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

[... when the SNC notification goes through to the buyer, the email clearly states what it's all about...

Yes but then again people don't READ !

I agree with you Fashion Police , I think so often Sellers "use" the threat of an SNC and then buyers get seriously edgy when they hear SNC ! Long ago I had a "courtesy" message which I used to send out on day 6 as a reminder / query whatever if a buyer hadn't paid, I quickly learnt to change the wording and remove the phrase " ...to avoid an SNC being filed" as this just rattled too many feathers !