Sign in to follow this  
SpendieSpendie

Not insured

SpendieSpendie    10
SpendieSpendie

I am getting very fed up with Bidorbuy seller's attitude towards buyers.

There seems to be a policy that says "As soon as you have paid me you can go to hell and I owe you nothing" - this may seem a bit of an extreme reaction but I feel helpless in light of these two incidents within the last two weeks: Read communication from bottom up.

25 Mar 2013, 13:29

from Joes Junk SA

Hello

Your tracking number is PE...

Have a fun week ahead.

Kind regards,

Joanne

21 Mar 2013, 18:12

from Joes Junk SA

Hi there

Will be posting your table cloth off to you tomorrow and then I will forward the tracking number.

Have a great Friday.

Kind regards,

Joanne

20 Mar 2013, 19:19

from you

Hi. Have included insurance cost in shipping. Please email me the tracking number once the parcel has been sent. Thanks,

I feel cheated ... only 3% of the item value but still ...

And the next one I also paid insurance and got a PE tracking number. When I queried this I got a reply which puzzles me:

Good day,

Your parcel is independently insured. Not through the post office.

Kind regards,

Wale

Now what does that mean "independently insured" and is that legal? I feel I have been misled since my parcel will not go through the insured system of SAPO.

Now comes the good part: when I will show my dissatisfaction with not getting my parcels insured by giving those two seller a neutral rating and a piece of my mind - I risk ending up with a negative rating (YES! if you complain to a seller you better be immune to revenge!) and the neutral they got from me disappears like a cloud on a summer's day ...

Vegar    10
Vegar

Nobody had anything to say about sellers who charge for insurance and then send by regular post? No response at all??

I wonder how widespread this is ...

kebs    10
kebs

Hi there... Some sellers will cover the cost themselves, ie, if the parcel goes missing, they themselves will reimburse you if you have paid for insurance. I do it myself if the item is of low value or if I have a lot of that item in stock as quite frankly, it's not worth the extra time insured parcels take to post, or the headache with the post office to lodge a claim! If anything happens to your parcel & you have paid insurance, these sellers must replace it or reimburse you.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I used to offer only insured, that was before I realised that they do not cover breakages as such, and if the parcel is small then it gets "chucked" into a bag anyway even when you write FRAGILE all over with red koki !! So now I offer both and it is up to the customer to choose, I am not responsible for theft once it has left me. I am responsible if damage occurs and I did not pack sufficiently. Have a form that I print with all info on for my local Post Office so when I go they don't have to still write out all the slips, they just photocopy my list and staple into the book and write out one sliip, so much easier ! It makes no diffs to me if the buyers want insured or not. Now with the minimum of R3 it will be even easier, no piddly (?sp) amounts to deal with !