Sign in to follow this  
militiamann

Paymnent methods for overseas bidders

militiamann    10
militiamann

Hi

As an overseas bidder, who does not have a South African bank account, I am interested in confirming what payment options are available. Also, an idea of the associated costs.

This obviously has an impact on what items I can bid on (since I man not be physicaly able to pay for them) and if it at all practicl to do so.

Obviously, it all depends on the specific case. What payment methods the seller will accept.

PayPal is sometimes an option.

BoB bucks is possible (if you accept the verification hurdles).

And that seems like the full list supported by BoB if you do not have a SA bank account.

Sellers are not always aware of what the options are, or how to help. Some view it as not their problem. As a buyer I am do not see clear information on BoB to help me be confidant.

Information on BoB web site is very general if not vague in places (to me anyway).

I have a specific example that I would like to clear up. A seller quotes that "All our overseas buyers do not have any problems paying us by credit card into BidorBuy account." They are not being sarcastic. The seller seems genuinly unsure.

Now, is this an Internet funds transfer into a bank account set up by BoB?? In which case my local banks will charge me an equivalent of 180Rand per transfer. I cannot see how this is credit card specific as implied by the seller.

Or is there another credit card option I am not aware of??

All the best

Dennis

militiamann    10
militiamann

Hi

The iinformation you linked to was very interesting and helpful in understanding things.

In my site search for information I searched from buyers assistance, what I found was not so helpful.

By way of confirmation, I want to run this senario past you.

The seller I am looking at is a verified seller. They offer BoB pay credit card payments. I presume then, that as an overseas bidder without a SA bank account, I can pay using my credit card without any special requirements? That is,on selecting this payment option I am directed to a secure web site where I provide the requested information? Without any special screening or registration beforehand on my part? Obviously I am already registered with BoB as a bidder, and have a listed credit card type. I am assuming that the answer is a YES, is this correct?

All the best

Dennis

admin    0
admin
Hi

The iinformation you linked to was very interesting and helpful in understanding things.

In my site search for information I searched from buyers assistance, what I found was not so helpful.

By way of confirmation, I want to run this senario past you.

The seller I am looking at is a verified seller. They offer BoB pay credit card payments. I presume then, that as an overseas bidder without a SA bank account, I can pay using my credit card without any special requirements? That is,on selecting this payment option I am directed to a secure web site where I provide the requested information? Without any special screening or registration beforehand on my part? Obviously I am already registered with BoB as a bidder, and have a listed credit card type. I am assuming that the answer is a YES, is this correct?

All the best

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Yes, that would be correct.

Keep well

Andries