Sign in to follow this  
Rudix

Canon EOS 7D Version 2??

Rudix

A seller is advertising a Canon EOS 7D Version 2, see:

Digital SLR - CANON EOS 7D VERSION 2 - BODY ONLY, NO LENS INCLUDED for sale in Cape Town (ID:93552004)

I think this is misleading, the camera is a Canon EOS 7D with version 2,xx firmware. This is not a version 2 camera!!! There will be a Canon EOS 7D Version 2/Mark 2 soon but it has not been announced yet. A search on the internet will prove that quickly.......

When I asked the seller about this he got all aggressive and called me an idiot and accused me of trying to be a smart @ss......

I think the ad should be changed or removed?

What do you think?

Regards,

Rudi

CollectorsWorld

To make it all so much simpler and to make you happy I will change the listing tomorrow and just post a picture of the Canon 7D box where it clearly states that it is a Version 2 ..... that you can take it up with Canon. You're confusing aggression with irritation at nitpickers.

Miss Jewels

Item being sold by Pinnacle Photographic, but Collectors World is answering this specific question on the auction?

Rudix
Item being sold by Pinnacle Photographic, but Collectors World is answering this specific question on the auction?

Yes, it makes you wonder......

Rudix
To make it all so much simpler and to make you happy I will change the listing tomorrow and just post a picture of the Canon 7D box where it clearly states that it is a Version 2 ..... that you can take it up with Canon. You're confusing aggression with irritation at nitpickers.

That would be much better thanks!

If you knew anything about cameras you would know that version 2 of the software (actually it is the firmware if you knew what you were talking about) does not constitute version 2 of the camera!

You say you are not aggressive, well, then you should not attack me personally or call me names......

The problem is that the net is abuzz with rumors of a version 2/mark 2 of this camera, a REAL upgrade and your ad is confusing to people who might not know better into thinking they are buying something that it is not!

I assume this is a gray import? Will have a chat to Canon SA today.

Rudix

Ok, just had a reply from Canon Japan (I am a platinum CPS member).

The official description that can be used is:

Canon EOS 7D Firmware version 2

A small but important point..........

Rudix

Yes, but as stated in the link it is a FIRMWARE upgrade and not a body version 2 or mark 2 as implied by the advertisement! This has been confirmed by Canon in Japan!

The word Firmware cannot be removed from the description else it is no longer correct.

CollectorsWorld

No need to wonder - we have 2 accounts - one for our collectors items and another for our photographic equipment ...all above board and approved by BOB

CollectorsWorld

Just in case anyone is still interested in this rather boring thread... as promised I have uploaded this new pic to my listing - taken of the actual box ..... Vers 2 Canon EOS7D ....58f5a74840a87_booksandcamera029.jpg.b47a91c1f73969034278d70ca162b6ba.jpg

Regards

Carol

Collectors World and Pinnacle Fotographic

Jongleur

Popcorn time ?