Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Don't say I didn't warn you.....

Jacques Kuun

Hm, I don´t think so. The military then is on route to Pretoria. This is the opposite direction as it was in the Border war.

Pretoria and Johannesburg? The Brits made the same decision more than a 100 years ago and the war lasted a LONG TIME after they took these two cities (even with the gold). The Brits forgot to take "Parliament" which was by then on a train travelling east. The USA also found out very quickly that simply taking a capital city means nothing in "modern" warfare.

The RSA parliament is situated in Cape Town and not Pretoria.

Why would your mysterious ships not rather land at a safe harbour? Have you ever seen the Atlantic? Swells and breakers of many meters high? How are they going to offload their supplies (be it weapons or food) on a hostile coastline? Do not even think of transporting it afterwards.

I really think that you are taking us all on a ride with your very weird posts.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

RISadler

Ron888, with all respect ... regarding Greece and Cyprus, that's the EU's problem. We've got our hands full with Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Kenya, Nigeria and every other African country. Charity begins at home. As to North Korea ... [insert expletives here] commies. (Sorry, years of indoctrination by our previous government causes this "knee-jerk" reaction regarding [insert expletives here] communists.)

Do you know why South Africans are only allowed to keep "money" in their PayPal accounts for a maximum of 30 days? It is because PayPal does not comply with our laws regarding financial institutions. Banking crisis in Cyprus ... been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Anybody remember the Saambou fiasco in the 1980's - a big bank just folded and people lost life-savings, homes, businesses, etc. We learned then what they're only learning now.

There is just one ethnic group in South Africa who would want to "liberate" Pretoria ... the rest of us don't really give a hoot who "owns" the place. Now why they would want to do it via the Northern Cape is beyond me ... reverse the 1914 rebellion, perhaps .. as in do it backwards and they don't lose, again.

South Africa has been through a lot. We pulled together and we're making it work. Yes, we have our problems, but we're working on fixing things. Pres. Zuma? He's so busy with his gazillion wives - the nagging must be driving him nuts - and not-compound of Nkandla that he just doesn't have the time to interfere with the running of the country. Every now and then some funny-man slips a few idiotic sentences into Zuma's speeches and we all roll from laughter. Then there's most of the doomsayers having emigrated to Canada or New Zealand, yeah!

I really do not see a civil war ... not even as a possibility ... we're just too darn lazy, for a start ... and then there's the school holidays, long weekends, and (international) rugby, soccer and cricket - plus beer ... lots and lots of beer. Nope, not going to happen. But we might go to war with Namibia if they stop selling us their beer - made from recycled sewerage water ... oh, so yummy!

All those super-rich folk you talk about ... money can buy you most things, but it cannot buy ... Curly's finger.

Jacques Kuun

I really do not see a civil war ... not even as a possibility ... we're just too darn lazy, for a start ... and then there's the school holidays, long weekends, and (international) rugby, soccer and cricket - plus beer ... lots and lots of beer. Nope, not going to happen. But we might go to war with Namibia if they stop selling us their beer - made from recycled sewerage water ... oh, so yummy!

I never would have thought that I would ever agree with you......

RISadler
How are they going to offload their supplies (be it weapons or food) on a hostile coastline?

Turn off engines and wait for the current to "beach" your vessels.

Do not even think of transporting it afterwards.

'Cause the looters ... erm, salvage operators ... will have the beaches cleared faster than a Golf GTi.

republikein
Remember that our “new” defence force got licked by Lesotho.

Thank you dstorm. War is always sad but also interesting. It seems we are of a bygone era. I always say that, although us soldiers have been played by the NP-politicians, I will exchange my 14 months in Sector 10 for nothing!

Remember, "we" just recently got licked by some child rebels in the Central African Republic too!

Best!

Jacques Kuun
Turn off engines and wait for the current to "beach" your vessels.

Are you talking about supply / troop ships or wind surfers?

RISadler
I never would have thought that I would ever agree with you......

My point exactly ...

We built this nation, we built this nation on sport and beer.

Built this nation, we built this nation on sport and beer.

Jacques Kuun
Thank you dstorm. War is always sad but also interesting. It seems we are of a bygone era. I always say that, although us soldiers have been played by the NP-politicians, I will exchange my 14 months in Sector 10 for nothing!

I could not agree with you more. By the age of 30, I have spent almost a third of my adult life in the SADF (National service + Camps). Talking about being disadvantaged?!

If some magical fairy could turn back time and take care of my responsibilities, I would volunteer for a "border camp" NOW. And leave tomorrow morning.

As you say - we belong to a bygone era = yesterday's heroes.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Edited by dstorm
spelling (as always)

Ron888

Hello dstrom,

I am not familiar with your cities. But when I talked with this guy from Pretoria, I was sure it was there. I think it is the Union Building in Pretoria.

Of course these ships take a safe harbour. One harbour (Saldanha) was mentioned here, and when I thought about it, I got a nosebleed. It can´t remember how it will be.... I don´t know which harbor they will take.

I won´t never take someone on a ride. Please let me tell you something: Years ago I went to police station in Bad Godesberg. I told them that Muslim terrorists are in town. They called themselves students and I even told the police names. The police send me away: impossible, never!!!

Then I went to the central police station in Bonn. They were shaking their heads and told me to go. I beeged them to note these names in their daily report. So I can proof later on, that I was correct... And they laughed.

Later on 9/11 happened, one of these terrorists came from Bonn-Bad Godesberg.

Kind Regards

Ron888

Ron888
Ron888, with all respect ... regarding Greece and Cyprus, that's the EU's problem. We've got our hands full with Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Kenya, Nigeria and every other African country. Charity begins at home. As to North Korea ... [insert expletives here] commies. (Sorry, years of indoctrination by our previous government causes this "knee-jerk" reaction regarding [insert expletives here] communists.)

Do you know why South Africans are only allowed to keep "money" in their PayPal accounts for a maximum of 30 days? It is because PayPal does not comply with our laws regarding financial institutions. Banking crisis in Cyprus ... been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Anybody remember the Saambou fiasco in the 1980's - a big bank just folded and people lost life-savings, homes, businesses, etc. We learned then what they're only learning now.

There is just one ethnic group in South Africa who would want to "liberate" Pretoria ... the rest of us don't really give a hoot who "owns" the place. Now why they would want to do it via the Northern Cape is beyond me ... reverse the 1914 rebellion, perhaps .. as in do it backwards and they don't lose, again.

South Africa has been through a lot. We pulled together and we're making it work. Yes, we have our problems, but we're working on fixing things. Pres. Zuma? He's so busy with his gazillion wives - the nagging must be driving him nuts - and not-compound of Nkandla that he just doesn't have the time to interfere with the running of the country. Every now and then some funny-man slips a few idiotic sentences into Zuma's speeches and we all roll from laughter. Then there's most of the doomsayers having emigrated to Canada or New Zealand, yeah!

All those super-rich folk you talk about ... money can buy you most things, but it cannot buy ... Curly's finger.

Dear RI Sadler,

recently I talked with a woman from Sarajevo. At an evening their local politicians said in TV that everything is fine and confirmed that there was no reason to worry. Within hours the town was locked. This was planned in secret and the Serbs used the surpise effect very well.

So Sarajevo is not South Africa. But this town was a stronghold of different cultures and no one expected this. I also talked with this woman, what happened with her, and she told me that I was absolutely correct. Beside that, I have never been in the Balkans!

Kind Regards

Ron888

Edited by Ron888

Ron888
My point exactly ...

We built this nation, we built this nation on sport and beer.

Built this nation, we built this nation on sport and beer.

There will be food shortage due to never seen before weather conditions. Please read about the summer of 1816. Otherwise you woun´t understand it, what might happen. I hope I am wrong.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

!

IN june 76 i started my basic training at 5sai Ladysmith,after basics the top performers were told to volunteers for "burgersake"-we had no idea what that was.

i "volunteered" and was sent to potchefstroom for intensive training for 3 months.we had no idea what our assignment was.

we were then put on a flight to Gobabis and then per road onto Rundu-here we we isolated from the other troops and told we would be informed within a day or two of our assignment

Soon a tall bearded imposing colonel addressed us.He was none other than JAN BREYTENBACH founder of 32 battalion.

We were on a truck and off to CAMP BUFFALO the training /base camp for 32 BAT-in the Caprivistrip-i was a mere 17 years old DECEMBER 1976 and i turned 18 on the border 31 dec 1976.i was too young to vote but allowed to have full combat and training with the fnla and unita forces that left ANGOLA-and were at war with the MPLA.

we set up a huge camp for these refugees and their families called CAMP PECKA PAU(WOODPECKER in portuguese) where the families of the soldiers of the unita forces lived while the men were trained and sent on missions into ANGOLA again

I spent the next 7 months in the CAPRIVI STRIP at camp buffalo situated on the okavango river and i wooud not change my experiences for anything in this world.

we digress a little from the original post BUT the disinformation of the government at the time to a few naive young military trainees was "burgersake" was actually 32 battalion.

neil

Ron888

we digress a little from the original post BUT the disinformation of the government at the time to a few naive young military trainees was "burgersake" was actually 32 battalion.

Thanks for these information. I don´t think that we digress. What do you think that Kim Jong-un is telling his soldiers? There are probably two million incited North Korean soldiers hiding in their positions :-) In South Korea there are roundabout 37500 US soldiers...

And what are the USA doing: They send two (!) long-range bombers to South Korea and some modern fighters. This strategy to bomb every major town worked well in WWII, but it woun´t work in North Korea. Except the capital there woun´t be much to bomb, but many mud huts and dugouts :-)

Edited by Ron888

Ron888

Westpac, ANZ secure deal to trade Australian dollar and Chinese Yuan

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

''This is a huge advantage for Australia,'' Ms Gillard told reporters in Shanghai on Monday.

Yes, she is right. China is industrial power No.1. Australia is No.1 in natural resources.

Recently I saw a film with Jesse Ventura about FEMA Camps in the US. Interesting!

I assume the elites use the conflict resp. war in Korea as pretense to cut civil rights in the US.

Edited by Ron888

RISadler
... war in Korea ...

Oh, goody ... brand-new seasons of M*A*S*H ...