Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Don't say I didn't warn you.....

Guest Guest

Run on the world's oldest bank - in Italy....

You can read more about the Banka Monte dei Paschi on Wikipedia at this link

Quote from Wall Street Journal 30th March 2013:

MILAN—Italy's Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena said its deposits fell by "some billions" of euros following a recent scandal over losses on so-called structured-product contracts.

Structured products are a broad category encompassing a range of complex financial bets.

Source: Wall Street Journal

Kind regards

Scott Balson

RISadler
Cyprus is part of the Eurozone since 1st January 2008 ...

From what I've read, the EU has been letting countries in when they should rather have been kept out ... mostly due to decades of previous economic instability which miraculously turned into model "books" within two or so years ... just before being admitted to the EU.

RISadler
Physical gold and silver has been money for over 5,000 years ...

Not in sub-Sahara Africa. Yes, gold had value, because the Arabs wanted it. Down here along the Cape coast, copper had value.

Gold and silver only has value because we attach value to it. It has zero intrinsic value ... you cannot eat it, you cannot make tools from it and you can only trade it with someone who desires (more) gold or silver. If the last-mentioned has all the available gold, then people will start using something else, like frogskins, for currency. Or maybe people will smarten up (yeah, sure) and figure out that chucking gold and silver as currency will take the hoarders out of the loop, thereby effectively leaving them paupers ... as they don't have any frogskins in their wallets.

When an economic collapse does happen, those with land (soil/dirt/earth), the means of cultivating food AND the means of defence, will be the lords and masters of the masses. Effectively we will then return to the feudal system ... in time, sans gold and silver.

RISadler
Source: Wall Street Journal

Actually, given what you're saying on this forum, I wouldn't trust the WSJ as a source of the "Financial Truth" very much.

Ron888
Actually, given what you're saying on this forum, I wouldn't trust the WSJ as a source of the "Financial Truth" very much.

Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena: If a bank offers interest rates up to 4,75 % p.a. (fixed for 60 months) there must be something wrong. This shows that they are running out of hard cash, they urgently need deposits/money. If someone offers much, much more than usual market conditions the alarm bells should ring.

In Italian: Conto Italiano di deposito fino al 4,75%... just look at their website!

If you can grow your own food, this is a great advantage. I don´t see a feudal system coming. There will be less people and enough land for everyone.

I personally would leave the great cities resp. metropolitan areas and settle in a remote and/or mountainous region. In my view parts of the Northern Cape will be much more safe than other regions in SA. I also would stay away from costal areas :rolleyes:

Edited by Ron888

RISadler
... If a bank offers interest rates up to xx % p.a. (fixed for 60 months) there must be something wrong. This shows that they are running out of hard cash, they urgently need deposits/money. If someone offers much, much more than usual market conditions the alarm bells should ring.

Or they could (a) have stopped sponsoring sport and now have heaps of cash doing nothing, or (b) have decided to sponsor even more sports and so need more cash. But overall, yeah, there's a lot wrong with our banking system - especially here in South Africa. Unfortunately banking is an integral part of doing business, so no matter how much we spit and growl they can basically do what they want to do.

If you can grow your own food, this is a great advantage. I don´t see a feudal system coming. There will be less people and enough land for everyone. I personally would leave the great cities resp. metropolitan areas and settle in a remote and/or mountainous region. In my view parts of the Northern Cape will be much more safe than other regions in SA. I also would stay away from coastal areas.

A study of history will show you that there is never enough land for everyone. There was less people in Europe during the 1930's than today, and yet World War II was about land - what did 'Dolf call it? Lebensraum.

The problem with remote and currently sparsely populated areas are that they are economically unsustainable regarding agriculture. This leads to wars ... read up on the Koranna Wars in the Northern Cape, as it was about farmable land and led to the total annihilation of a distinct ethnic population group.

The coastal regions can support the highest population density, but again you must be able to protect your food resources from others ... which leads to "co-operatives" and ultimately feudal lords (and ladies). We are already seeing this with Japanese super-trawlers ... and an underfunded navy.

Ron888

I am not living in the past, I am living today and in the future. Future wars will happen in big cities respectively metropolitan aereas between ethic groups, religious groups, political groups and between the poor and the rich. In some aereas it will not be discernible who is fighting against whom.

@ costal regions: we will see more flooding and tsunamis, like two years ago in Japan.

@SA Navy. Probably the money which should be for the navy is spend elsewhere. Or dissipated in luxury.... There are too many admirals in the SA navy

and too less ships and sailors.

The South African coastline will be safeguarded by warships of another nation in the not too distant future. In these days of distress South Africa will NOT left alone. You will be surprised you will help South Africa.

When I talk about the Northern Cape I am not talking about farmland resp. farming. I would prefer the Northern Cape because it is far away from the big cities, just because it will be worse elsewhere.

Edited by Ron888

RISadler
I am not living in the past, I am living today and in the future.

"What experience and history teach is this - that people and governments never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it" --- G.W. Hegel

Future wars will happen in big cities respectively metropolitan areas between ethnic groups, religious groups, political groups and between the poor and the rich. In some aereas it will not be discernible who is fighting against whom.

This discussion is about the breakdown of the current world order and total economic collapse. You are talking about civil wars, where all bets are off. Besides, civil wars are funded by outsiders seeking monetary gain.

@ coastal regions: we will see more flooding and tsunamis, like two years ago in Japan.

Depends on the geographical area. The coastline of South Africa is unfavourable to the forming of tsunami's and funnily enough an increase in sea levels will actually benefit the country, as it will bring moisture back to the Karoo.

Besides, what's tsunami's and volcano's and mudslides got to do with "FIAT" money?

@SA Navy. Probably the money which should be for the navy is spend elsewhere. Or dissipated in luxury.... There are too many admirals in the SA navy and too less ships and sailors.

As with all things Africa ... yes. But then, it's only paper money and we can print as much as we need every morning.

The South African coastline will be safeguarded by warships of another nation in the not too distant future.

To who's benefit ... ours or the "benevolent" nation? Besides, we tried that and it ... oh, yes, I forgot ... history is a no-no.

In these days of distress South Africa will NOT left alone. You will be surprised you will help South Africa.

China? No surprise there.

Germany? France? All talk, but when the war started the ZAR stood alone. Whoops, history again!

When I talk about the Northern Cape I am not talking about farmland resp. farming.

Then what will you be doing there?

RISadler

Just had a thought ... and I'm NOT saying the posters in this thread have anything to do with it ... but what if the whole "buy gold, buy silver" thing is simply marketing on the part of the banks to get people to ... well, buy gold and silver? The whole thing fits classic marketing strategy ... create a situation, a desire, a need for a product ... put product on the market at inflated value ... make huge profit.

Look, if we all start buying gold and silver, as told, we buy it from ... the banks. And the price goes up, as it is supply and demand. Then in a few months/years we all sit with our ingots and we suddenly have this hunkering for food ... only the supermarket doesn't accept gold shavings ... only cash ... printed money with El Presidente's mug on it. So now we need to exchange our gold and silver for cash ... at the banks. And as demand has dropped, so has the value of our gold and silver ingots ... we sell for less than what the banks would've given us on a 32-day deposit over the same timeframe ... who wins and who loses?

Just a thought ...

Ron888

Some things are quite simple: Natural disasters e.g. volcanos, low temperatures, less foods, inflation, riots, collapse of funny fiat money. The elites know all about this and that is the reason why they hide their faces. Anotherwise, why should the FEMA buy tanks for metroplitan areas (in the US)?

If you are interested in history just read about the "summer of 1816". A "summer" without sunshine.

The ZAR stood never alone. Out of nothing, old agreements between the Boers and the foreigners will be revealed, and so they will get help. It will not be the British, there will never be British rule over South Africa again. Nor will you get help from the Chinese.

I have never been in SouthAfrica nor in the Northern Cape. Nor will I travel to the Northern Cape. But like SA troops gathered in the Noordkaap for the Angola campaign in 1987 (battle of Cuito Cuanavale), so the troops will again gather in the Noordkaap. In every civil war paper money went to nothing, so you need gold and silver.

If you want to make "profit", it may be better to invest in food unless you do have to flee. Yes, diesel may be also a good investments :wondering:

Edited by Ron888

RISadler
Anotherwise, why should the FEMA buy tanks for metroplitan areas (in the US)?

The USA is a gun-happy, moron-filled, funny farm. Other than that, it makes perfect sense and has nothing to do with the Illuminati.

If you are interested in history just read about the "summer of 1816". A "summer" without sunshine.

Will do so, once our international Internet is going again.

The ZAR stood never alone. Out of nothing, old agreements between the Boers and the foreigners will be revealed, and so they will get help. It will not be the British, there will never be British rule over South Africa again. Nor will you get help from the Chinese.

"will be revealed" ... "will get help" ... future tense? Why am I suddenly smelling Volkstaat and Nat.Soc. here?

I have never been in SouthAfrica nor in the Northern Cape. Nor will I travel to the Northern Cape.

And you have the gall to tell me where and where not it is safe in MY country? [expletives deleted]

But like SA troops gathered in the Noordkaap for the Angola campaign in 1987 (battle of Cuito Cuanavale), so the troops will again gather in the Noordkaap.

Where else did you expect them to "gather" ... Durban?

The Border War was nothing more than a method for the elitist and world powers of protecting their own monetary interests. Do they give a fig for the effect all the propaganda and indoctrination has had on the current population of South Africa. No! It is nothing to be proud of - the Border War sucked, like all wars. (Especially Star Wars 1-3.)

In every civil war paper money went to nothing, so you need gold and silver.

Over here in Africa, diamonds can also buy you a platoon of mercenaries. Get my drift?

If you want to make "profit", it may be better to invest in food unless you do have to flee. Yes, diesel may be also a good investments :wondering:

Nope, both don't have the shelf-life.

RISadler
I would prefer the Northern Cape because it is far away from the big cities ...

Ever heard of Upington? It's bigger than the burgh I live in.

RISadler
Some things are quite simple: Natural disasters e.g. volcanos, low temperatures, less foods, inflation, riots, collapse of funny fiat money. The elites know all about this and that is the reason why they hide their faces.

Right-O. So normal people are totally ignorant of natural disasters ... i.e. to them it just happens, like dung.

RISadler
If you want to make "profit" ... better to invest in ... also a good investment.

Believe it or not, but I have transcended above mere monetary desires ... wealth holds no fascination for me. Money is simply a tool - a means to an end.

Ron888
Ever heard of Upington? It's bigger than the burgh I live in.

Yes, Upington was the last stop within SA for the troops to fill up supplies before they moved off to the north for the battle of Cuito Cuanavale.That´s history. This town will be again important in future military strategies. I would say who rules Upingtion will rule over the Northern Cape. It will be a great surprise who and how arms will be transported to Upington.

Edited by Ron888

Ron888

Why am I suddenly smelling Volkstaat and Nat.Soc. here?

And you have the gall to tell me where and where not it is safe in MY country? [expletives deleted]

Yes. What I see is a seven generations change in South Africa within a very short period of time. White rule or a apartheid or what you may call it was an injustice, no question. But your new rulers (and it does not matter at all if the are black, coloured or white) are lining their pockets much faster than their predecessors did. I know that. And the common people suffer. But once will be enough... Things will change within hours. Totally unexpected. This is why South Africa will need help from outside at that time.

And, yes, I have the gall to doubt if this is your country. Most of the politicians and decision makers are bought in, this is what is called "democracy". There are only seven or eight people who rule the world. Average people like you and me are puppets for them.

Edited by Ron888

Ron888
Right-O. So normal people are totally ignorant of natural disasters ... i.e. to them it just happens, like dung.

Normal people do not have the money to buy a hacienda e.g. in Argentina and flee to place where it will be safe.

And YES, normal people do not have the money to get a membership in Bohemian Grove. And for the elitists they are just dung.

I can not change timelines. And it does not matter at all if you call this ignorant. Average Joe has to accept one`s fate.

RISadler
Yes, Upington was the last stop within SA for the troops to fill up supplies before they moved off to the north for the battle of Cuito Cuanavale.That´s history. This town will be again important in future military strategies. I would say who rules Upingtion will rule over the Northern Cape. It will be a great surprise who and how arms will be transported to Upington.

Actually, within the South African Infantry, the small town of Oudtshoorn is the most important.

But yes, Upington will be important if we ever decide to invade Namibia, only Raman's Drift is not on any modern map anymore! Bummer.

RISadler
Yes. What I see is a seven generations change in South Africa within a very short period of time. White rule or a apartheid or what you may call it was an injustice, no question. But your new rulers [blah, blah, blah] ...

Rethink your strategy ... the old Transvaal and OFS are not accepted everywhere ... and funnily enough, not in the Northern, Western & Eastern Cape(s).

"But your new rulers ..." ... are no worse than our old rulers.

"... only seven or eight people who rule the world." ... Bully for them. And they probably rig the Soccer World Cup, as well.

"Average people like you ..." ... if I'm average, then the world is in trouble. [insert deranged laugh here]

RISadler
Normal people do not have the money to buy a hacienda e.g. in Argentina and flee to place where it will be safe.

But average people like me and a couple of million others just naturally live in a very stable and safe place. Blind luck, I suppose, but then luck has always bested money. Or perhaps we know something the Illuminati doesn't ...

Mmmmm ... "Argentina" ... another NSB'ish slip. Well, well, well, the picture clears ... It'll work, you know, but they also need something like a Sweetman Curve and the balls to effect it.

... normal people do not have the money to get a membership in Bohemian Grove.

Snobs.

Ron888
Actually, within the South African Infantry, the small town of Oudtshoorn is the most important.

But yes, Upington will be important if we ever decide to invade Namibia, only Raman's Drift is not on any modern map anymore! Bummer.

I personally would stay away from that military school and surrounding area. But it is up to you where you feel safe or not

RISadler
I personally would stay away from that military school and surrounding area. But it is up to you where you feel safe or not

This seems like a good cue to cease this whole silly conversation.

Ron888

Yes. It is beyond your imagination what will happen in the not too distant future!

South Africa will face war and it is not the Kongo where "your" troops will fight :-)

Cold Sea

I watched an interesting television program during the week, discussing the effects of lack of control over our lives. The following are direct quotes from research papers and commentators, and makes it easier for me than to rephrase:

“The less control people have over their lives, the more likely they are to try and regain control through mental gymnastics. Feelings of control are so important to people that a lack of control is inherently threatening. While some misperceptions can be bad or lead one astray, they’re extremely common and most likely satisfy a deep and enduring psychological need.”

“For example, in one experiment individuals were asked to look at “snowy” pictures. Half of the pictures were grainy patterns of random dots, while the other half also contained images like a chair, a boat or the planet Saturn, that were faintly visible against the grainy background. While all people correctly identified 95 percent of the hidden images, the group of people who had felt their control had been eroded in a previous part of the experiment also “saw” images in 43 percent of the pictures that were just random scatterings of dots.”

“The results were clear: participants who didn’t have an opportunity to regain feelings of control were more likely to perceive visual images that didn’t exist and to perceive conspiracies in innocent situations, while participants who regained feelings of control by focusing on important personal values were no different from people who never lost their feelings of self-control in the first place.”

“The lure of conspiracies is that it makes the believer special, in his own eyes and the eyes of many. He knows the secret, he has the inside scoop. It's a matter of having inside information nobody else has, unless they are wise enough to be in on the matter.”

“It’s exciting—restoring people’s sense of control normalized their perceptions and behaviour.”

Just a thought.

Ron888

Cyprus

The banks in Cyprus accumulated losses in billions of Euros and paid at the same time interest rates up to 5 percent. Just for comparison: In Germany you won´t get one percent, even as long-term deposit.

The first plan was to tax all deposits at 6,75 % respectively 9,9 % in Cyprus. What was the reaction? The Cypriots blamed in first case Germany as Nazis, Hitler-Merkel, The fourth Reich etc. Nothing new I am hearing this since decades. Thanks to the British :-)

What is the plan of the government of Cyprus now: All savings at the two big banks are either completely lost (over 100000) or almost lost. Yes, it was a ponzi sceme by their big banks where high interest rates were created out of nothing. Now many Cypriots are in a state of shock. It was beyond imagination that their deposits did NOT really exist.

Thanks to the Bundesbank some billion Euros in hard cash were transported to Cyprus.

Edited by Ron888