Sign in to follow this  
medley

What i don't understand.

medley    10
medley

During the SAPO strike i've noticed that some buyers gave negative ratings to sellers for parcels not delivered. I am a buyer myself and still waiting for a parcel from a bob seller for 36 days and counting, but i gave him a pos rating cos it's not his fault.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Medley....you're a good example to some! Well Done!

JORYHA TRADING    10
JORYHA TRADING

I 2nd that, Miss Jewels!

Just got 5 negatives from a buyer because of delays. Order posted 18 march within our shipping time frame and still shows Cape Mail. Then I have buyers who's packages are stuck in SAPO system since 19 Feb still showing Cape Mail and they are understanding of the situation which we all are victims/casualties of.

This is so frustrating.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Those who receive unwarranted negative ratings due to the postal strike can take it up with BoB, who will review it.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
During the SAPO strike i've noticed that some buyers gave negative ratings to sellers for parcels not delivered. I am a buyer myself and still waiting for a parcel from a bob seller for 36 days and counting, but i gave him a pos rating cos it's not his fault.

We appreciate buyers like you Medley! Thanks for buyers like you! :-)

medley    10
medley
We appreciate buyers like you Medley! Thanks for buyers like you! :-)

Thanks.

Fashion Star    10
Fashion Star

i hope all my customers can be like you this. thank you.

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
I am a buyer myself and still waiting for a parcel from a bob seller for 36 days and counting, but i gave him a pos rating cos it's not his fault.

Surely you should just wait until the item has arrived before doing the rating?

I am also waiting for an item bought during the strike (which the seller only posted last week by mutual agreement), and will rate the seller (almost certainly positively) when it arrives, but until I actually get it and confirm that everything is as advertised etc, I can't really rate the seller.

The whole system of ratings relies on the ratings being done objectively and honesty. If people rate each other without justification, then there is no way for others to know who is trustworthy.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I had one like that. Took it up with BoB and it was 'temporarily' removed, to allow time for delivery, with the understanding it could be reinstated. I was 'good' with that; fair is fair and right is right.

Well, the negative is back up (according to www.usps.com - track and confirm: "Your item could not be delivered on March 01, 2013 at 12:46 pm in South Africa due to a missed delivery".) Ya know.... I can ship, send tracking information, send updates, send copy/paste (via email) USPS website and all that good stuff (this 'no communication' is balony), but at some point, Buyer should have enough 'going on' between the ears to go to the Post Office and collect the parcel.

No further update USPS, so I am 'thinking' Buyer hasn't made it to the Post Office... yet... and at some point, the parcel will be returned as 'Unclaimed' and I will win the prize of writing a check to cover the return shipping cost.

Since there is nothing that can be done about the negative rating, nor can I 'light a fire' under the Buyer to go collect their parcel, I am buying a 'boat load' of wood this weekend and 'spit tacks'. Should have a new shop built in less than 2-hours.

Ruthie

medley    10
medley
Surely you should just wait until the item has arrived before doing the rating?

I am also waiting for an item bought during the strike (which the seller only posted last week by mutual agreement), and will rate the seller (almost certainly positively) when it arrives, but until I actually get it and confirm that everything is as advertised etc, I can't really rate the seller.

The whole system of ratings relies on the ratings being done objectively and honesty. If people rate each other without justification, then there is no way for others to know who is trustworthy.

I normally don't rate a seller on a item in transit , but in this case i did cos i've bought a lot of items from him and i trust him.

BTW it took the SAPO 40 days to deliver this item, but i received it in good condition.

Edited by medley