Sign in to follow this  
Just Beachin

Blackberry Whoas!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Anyone else out there having problems with the new BBM upgrade 7.1.23? My Daugher upgraded and lost her whole network of friends and is beside herself. if anybody else has problems or a solution to this problem please please please help! (a 15 year old going through the BBM DT's is not a pretty site!):sowsuser:

catzcan    10
catzcan

All my sympathy!! Same happened here (another 15yr old) and let me tell you - PMS is no match for this tantrum:rolleyes: Please let me know if you have found a solution - I'll pay - I'm desperate:rolleyes:

svw    10
svw

My one son [a few years older] also lost everything - as far as he is concerned Blackberry is a piece of junk !

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I lost all my contacts too while upgrading. I also tried everything, then I did something right somewhere. Can't remember what , but suddenly all my contacts were back. Try to re-install Blackberry. Think thats what I did. :idea:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

My sister-in-law also lost everything after doing an update. So I ignore all updates and just accept that this stupid k*kberry restarts itself on a regular basis. Certainly better than losing everything. Looking forward to using my Samsung Wave and Nokia N9 shortly. Whatsapp is just as good as the BBM's...and it's for free. The kids all use it now.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Thank you my friends,

Personally I opted out of the blackberry craze, but it's important for the young folks, (you know the ones that would look at a phone booth and think it's an alien spacecraft), and particularly, watch the child you would give your life for, suffer this kind of constant upgrade insanity, I would drop a dime, (to the powers that be).....but I am busy sitting on hold to telkom!

Edited by Just Beachin

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

When you do the update, you might have to re install BlackBerry App World and BlackBerry Messenger, but normally it will have to verify your BlackBerry ID (before you can access BlackBerry Messenger) and all your contacts will be back.

Do they do the update on the mobile device or via a desktop with the BlackBerry software ?

Edited by Mad about Jack
Spelling

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Thanks Jack,

She did it on her cell pnone

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Thanks everyone for you input and support, we were able to get it sorted out in no time by the vodacom folks in Gateway today (mahala). It was a matter of uploading an older version, much like the post input that is no longer here.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

I do back ups weekly via the desktop software as well, just in case.

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Cell Phone Anonymous ..: .

They must just throw all cell phones into the deepest sea - nobody will miss them and we all will live happily ever after ...

Pierre

dstorm    10
dstorm
They must just throw all cell phones into the deepest sea - nobody will miss them and we all will live happily ever after ...

Pierre

So praat die Wellington outjie.

Groete van die Malmesbury maatjie. Ek is seker ons het teen mekaar rugby gespeel,

Sonder selfone.