Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Flooding the listings with "unreal" items!

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

A new seller has popped up in the Gemstone section and he / she is flooding the Ametrine sub-category with hydrothermal lab-created gemstones claiming that they are "Ametrine" (with high values / prices) and are literally bribing their buyers with a free gift of a travel voucher "valued at R7000"!

This to me is unethical, incorrect and is misleading. To put the proverbial cherry on top, the buyer also claims that these gems are unheated plus certification is available at a cost of R350 per certificate!

This seller also lists diffusion sapphires, topaz, etc plus Quartz under Tanzanites!!! (at a hell of a price too I might add!)

PS. If you read the ratings from buyers, it seem like this seller is also supplying Moissanites in place of the "natural diamonds" that are being sold!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi J. Please supply the link so we can have a look.

A new seller has popped up in the Gemstone section and he / she is flooding the Ametrine sub-category with hydrothermal lab-created gemstones claiming that they are "Ametrine" (with high values / prices) and are literally bribing their buyers with a free gift of a travel voucher "valued at R7000"!

This to me is unethical, incorrect and is misleading. To put the proverbial cherry on top, the buyer also claims that these gems are unheated plus certification is available at a cost of R350 per certificate!

This seller also lists diffusion sapphires, topaz, etc plus Quartz under Tanzanites!!! (at a hell of a price too I might add!)

PS. If you read the ratings from buyers, it seem like this seller is also supplying Moissanites in place of the "natural diamonds" that are being sold!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Two other things bother me:

1. Shipping is 15 days. So, is the item in stock? I don't think so. Possibly dropshipping.

2. In the terms I found the following : "NO collections, Glamour Inc is strictly a online business". So is this a second account or has the trading name been changed?

We need to leave this one with The Powers That Be....Qball?

alloway65    10
alloway65

To buy gemstones on-line if you are inexperienced like I was when I started on BoB.....one is only asking for trouble. I found even some honest experienced sellers miss-sold certain stones.....but in most cases when I pointed this out I received a full refund or additional "guaranteed" stones.

Of course I bought some crap from some gemstone skelems out there!

I only (try to) sell my Certified gemstones as I don't want to mislead anyone.

Anyone want to buy a job lot over a 1000 mixed gemstones?

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Went to look, no idea where stones are concerned, but on a whole the seller seems to need to learn customer relations... I believe in trying to sort out problems via emails etc not via rating system, retaliation (?sp) reflects badly on the seller ! Just my opinion !

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
Went to look, no idea where stones are concerned, but on a whole the seller seems to need to learn customer relations... I believe in trying to sort out problems via emails etc not via rating system, retaliation (?sp) reflects badly on the seller ! Just my opinion !

I also know nothing about gemstones, but wouldn't go near that seller with a barge pole.

svw    10
svw
I also know nothing about gemstones, but wouldn't go near that seller with a barge pole.

Likewise ! - I have successfully bought a few gemstones on 'bob' but always from verified sellers with a good track record...

qball    10
qball

We will be investigating the items.

Cali Craft and Gems

Thank you Cuan! :)

Cali Craft and Gems

For the seller who blatantly lists Quartz as Tanzanite (it is quartz with the colour name tanzanite blue), he / she is listing a so-called high value "massive" (16.75ct) Tanzanite and the price is climbing (with a value at over R300000!).

Tanzanites - 30 HOUR AUCTION**16.75 CARAT OVAL D'BLOCK TANZANITE *IF**CRAZY! APPRAISED AT [{R301 995.00}] BID NOW for sale in Langebaan (ID:94388668)

According to the listing this gem has NOT been tested by GISA! I am seriously afraid that some unsuspecting buyer will be drawn into this and be taken for a long ride! (red lights for me being: 1) gem is massive, 2) gem is supposedly IF (near perfect), 3) high value without being tested, 4) way that seller lists other items in the wrong categories by misleading the buyers, 5) previous ratings have buyers complaining that "diamonds" are being tested as moissanites, 6) R1 auction!!!)

From going through this seller's listings he / she seems to use stock photographs and not actual images as many of the listings have the identical image. This seller also insists on listing items in the wrong categories - example: Hydrothermal bi-coloured QUARTZ as Ametrine, Blue QUARTZ as Tanzanite, etc.

I think it is about time BoB / CW steps in as the CW reports are going unnoticed by the seller!

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Reets    10
Reets

Any feedback on the abovementioned sellers items as yet?

qball    10
qball

We are still busy with this. We have notified them about the "tanzanite" coloured quartz and this has been moved to the correct category, we are still awaiting proper documented proof of the Ametrine.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I'm also not sure where he gets his indicative market price. Excellent quality tanzanites are currently going for $1000 per carat. So this would be roughly R164 000.00 for this item - not R304 000+ as he states

qball    10
qball

We'll have a look at that too

amadav    10
amadav

Eish I bought a few myself from Gem Shop a few years ago, all fake - glass!