Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Excessive shipping rates

ZoneMan

Shipping should be stipulated for all listings, and the buyer can decide to buy or not...

Some years back I picked up that it is possible to change the shipping rates even AFTER a sale closed. While updating my shipping rate after the April SAPO increases, I noticed that this is still possible... unscrupulous seller can still abuse this.

Just Beachin

I think sellers should be able to charge what the market is willing to pay. Let the buyer beware! the criteria of a urban buyer and a rural buyer are two different requirement, the requirements between the rich and the "trying to get by with a bargain" (where I fit in incidentally) are also different. Let give everybody a chance to figure out what works for them and let the free market prevail!

Pathway

People are also climbing on the post Office increases bandwagon. Auctions are hardly any fun, any more.So many things are R48.00 shipping, and that is small items.

booksallsizes

I am at the stage (especially with Crazy Wednesday) that, no matter how much I desire the object for sale and no matter how reasonably it is selling for, if the postal charges are too high then I just pass it by.

I often wonder how many people feel like this (and I'm certain there are many) - so it is self-defeating of the sellers: trying to make a buck on postage on Crazy Wednesday means people passing on bidding on your item so, no matter how much you boost your postage, you are not getting the bids.

And ridiculous combining fees get up my nose too. I sell books. I know how much it costs to post a book. So to charge R 40,00 for the first item (completely reasonable if the book is over a kilogram) and then R 20,00 per extra book is just annoying. So I simply never buy from these sellers.

Rant over.

Cali Craft and Gems

Noticed a desirable item on this past week's Crazy Wednesday listings - until I saw the shipping! R75 econoparcel, yet when you browsed through the seller's regular priced items, the shipping was R50. Reported to CW but nothing changed. (note: the total weight of the item incl packaging would not even reach 20g!)

Just Beachin
Noticed a desirable item on this past week's Crazy Wednesday listings - until I saw the shipping! R75 econoparcel, yet when you browsed through the seller's regular priced items, the shipping was R50. Reported to CW but nothing changed. (note: the total weight of the item incl packaging would not even reach 20g!)

We know that if we increase shipping cost, we can improve our profits, and lessen our sellers fees....that's not

how I choose to play the game, I love the bidorbuy platform. Others that try to increase there profit by charging higher shipping rates are only shooting themselves in the foot, cause buyers do become smarter in time!