Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Excessive shipping rates

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It all depends how heavy the machine is I guess? But R200 for shipping does seem excessive.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I need one of those, with the 3% donkey in our sausages.:push:

svw    10
svw
I need one of those, with the 3% donkey in our sausages.:push:

:grin:... Talk about a sucker for punishment 'JB' you will need quite an ass-itude to cope with that - it's not even electrically operated...

FORUMDUDE    10
FORUMDUDE

Depends on weight, Might be quite reasonable actually.

If you "weigh" it out...the fast shipping seems more feasible.

At the end you have to ask yourself....is it worth the sausage??.:razz:

Edited by FORUMDUDE

svw    10
svw

Most definitely not unless you want to lose weight :rolleyes: ...

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

The weight is just over 10 kg's so a very fair charge, it is in the listing, so not even close to being excessive, have a look at the R1 items on Wednesday auctions weighing below 500 gram and having a R60 to R75 normal post cost.

Here is an example:

Silver - R1 START! PRETTY AS A PRINCESS Sterling Silver Stud Princess Cut CZ Earrings for sale in Port Alfred (ID:93044248)

and another one:

Other Hobbies - NEW! DORA THE EXPLORER KID'S BACKPACK. STUNNING! for sale in Johannesburg (ID:93115507)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

There is a very good saying ... "never judge a sausage by its skin"!!

anthony03    10
anthony03

Postage Costs

R33.50 for the 1st kg then 4.50 per kg thereafter -Total = R73.85c-Cheers

The weight is just over 10 kg's so a very fair charge, it is in the listing, so not even close to being excessive, have a look at the R1 items on Wednesday auctions weighing below 500 gram and having a R60 to R75 normal post cost.

Here is an example:

Silver - R1 START! PRETTY AS A PRINCESS Sterling Silver Stud Princess Cut CZ Earrings for sale in Port Alfred (ID:93044248)

and another one:

Other Hobbies - NEW! DORA THE EXPLORER KID'S BACKPACK. STUNNING! for sale in Johannesburg (ID:93115507)

qball    10
qball

The seller responded, the volumetric weight is around 15kilo's, thus the charge of R200.

anthony03    10
anthony03

Thanks for that ! I questioned this buyer and this was the response. Now this is excessive-Cheer-Alf

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: bodyContent, bgcolor: #ffffff][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]

Dear Alf,

ClearenceCorner (2517 rating5.gif) has answered your question on the item ***R4999*** Burberry BU1355 Heritage Collection Womens Luxury Watch [incl Box&Papers].

Your question was:

Hi -why are your shipping costs so exorbitant. R150.00 and this excludes insurance !

The answer is:

PLEASE NOTE THAT SHIPPING FEE INCLUDES SHIPPING FEE, PACKAGING MATERIAL, ADMIN AND HANDLING, not just shipment fee. Due to security and coordination limitations, NO PERSONAL COLLECTIONS ALLOWED & NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE. If you are not happy with the above terms, please do not bid on the item/items as these are non negotiable.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Thanks for that ! I questioned this buyer and this was the response. Now this is excessive-Cheer-Alf

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: bodyContent, bgcolor: #ffffff][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]

Dear Alf,

ClearenceCorner (2517 rating5.gif) has answered your question on the item ***R4999*** Burberry BU1355 Heritage Collection Womens Luxury Watch [incl Box&Papers].

Your question was:

Hi -why are your shipping costs so exorbitant. R150.00 and this excludes insurance !

The answer is:

PLEASE NOTE THAT SHIPPING FEE INCLUDES SHIPPING FEE, PACKAGING MATERIAL, ADMIN AND HANDLING, not just shipment fee. Due to security and coordination limitations, NO PERSONAL COLLECTIONS ALLOWED & NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE. If you are not happy with the above terms, please do not bid on the item/items as these are non negotiable.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I find it amazing that the seller has been trading for 6 years and yet they still try to charge R150 for shipping on a watch via the post office mail.

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
...coordination limitations...

Sounds like they're clumsy and have a lot of breakages to take into account. :)

FORUMDUDE    10
FORUMDUDE

15kg!!!! For that weight you'd think it would stuff the sausage automatically.

I bet you the turn handle weighs 9kg's:wtf:

FORUMDUDE    10
FORUMDUDE

I told you....It worked perfectly in 1977.:colbert:

"I love this line in the listing "The camera was in 100% working condition when it was safely stored a couple of years ago."

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Love the "...coordination limitations..." hehehe think I may include that in my descriptions in future! Or NOT !

qball    10
qball

We are busy discussing this with the seller.

Rambeo    10
Rambeo
I love this line in the listing "The camera was in 100% working condition when it was safely stored a couple of years ago." :hm:

Yeah I also thought it was a bit dodgy. Thats why I left it alone.

voldermort    10
voldermort

I am just wondering, how does a seller justify a shipping cost of R75.00 for 1 book? To get anywhere near that shipping rate, the book would have to weigh at least 20kg :disgusted: & no, it is not overnight shipping - states clearly in the ad it takes 4 - 5 days to arrive.

Edited by voldermort

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I've been seeing a LOT of excessive shipping lately and have ended up reporting it via CW instead of listing them here individually.

Latest one was from a recognised gem seller at "Standard registered mail - R65 for first item"! (and this was not the worst one either!)

Also see several sellers charging 5% insurance on SAPO products / services too!

voldermort    10
voldermort
I've been seeing a LOT of excessive shipping lately and have ended up reporting it via CW instead of listing them here individually.

Latest one was from a recognised gem seller at "Standard registered mail - R65 for first item"! (and this was not the worst one either!)

Also see several sellers charging 5% insurance on SAPO products / services too!

It seems to me that Crazy Weds in particular have merely become a guise for making money on shipping.......paging through some of the listings I am stunned that some sellers have the audacity to even list these ridiculous shipping costs.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I feel guilty at asking what I do for shipping (R40 econo), but I rarely up my price when the SAPO does (I've increased it only three times in the past 7 or 8 years), but I do know that I pack our parcels exceptionally well - bubblewrap galore! I'm still waiting for a buyer to complain that I wrapped the parcel too well and it took too much effort to open it! :)