Sign in to follow this  
gemadore

Buyer simply says " I changed my mind, I will not be taking it anymore" BOB??

gemadore    10
gemadore

I had an auction this week for a laptop, when i emailed the buyer querying payment, they simply replied with

"I changed my mind, I will not be taking it anymore."

Surely BOB you should refund me the R180 listing fee that i paid for?! it cost you nothing and you cannot or will not do anything to force to buyer to complete the sale?? You guys have GOT to start doing something about this

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
I had an auction this week for a laptop, when i emailed the buyer querying payment, they simply replied with

Surely BOB you should refund me the R180 listing fee that i paid for?! it cost you nothing and you cannot or will not do anything to force to buyer to complete the sale?? You guys have GOT to start doing something about this

You can file an SNC after 7 days and Bob will credit your account with the listing fee\

When you file the SNC use the option "No payment received" then you can give a negative rating but buyer cant rate you.

:shock:----Nasty mood I must be in to give such advise.

Edited by geewhizz

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS
You can file an SNC after 7 days and Bob will credit your account with the listing fee\

You sure geewhizz? I always thought Listing fees were non refundable and only success fees were recovered in the SNC process?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You are right - listing fees are non-refundable. Success fees are. Sorry you are so out of pocket. It isn't fair.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Oh!! I see I misunderstood. Well damm she needs that negative rating--See Thread "What would you do"?

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

I wonder if you would be able to claim the listing fee back through the small claims court? It might be the only way to recover your money.

svw    10
svw
I wonder if you would be able to claim the listing fee back through the small claims court? It might be the only way to recover your money.

What would be nice is if we could re-list for the remainder of the days that the listing would have run without having to pay a listing fee again...

qball    11
qball

Enhanced Listing fees are advertising fees, to get your item noticed more, get better ranking and better exposure, that is what you pay for, not whether the sale was successful or not. As such they are not refundable, as you did receive additional exposure and higher ranking than other items. Also in line with the CPA, if it's a Buy Now, the buyer has the right to cancel within a certain time period. Enhancements are optional, they are not obligatory, so you are not forced to use them.

It's the same as putting an add in the classifieds, you can choose bolder text, bigger fiont, better positioning etc. all at a fee, you then pay the newspaper to place the advert. The ad gets published in the newspaper and gets circulated. Even if you don't get a single inquiry, you have still paid for the ad, you can't go back to the newspaper to ask for your money back, as the service was provided to you, as is the case here. You received better exposure, more bids, better ranking in category results etc. That's what you are paying for, not for the buyer to conclude the transaction for, that is what the success fee is for.

gemadore    10
gemadore
Enhanced Listing fees are advertising fees, to get your item noticed more, get better ranking and better exposure, that is what you pay for, not whether the sale was successful or not. As such they are not refundable, as you did receive additional exposure and higher ranking than other items. Also in line with the CPA, if it's a Buy Now, the buyer has the right to cancel within a certain time period. Enhancements are optional, they are not obligatory, so you are not forced to use them.

It's the same as putting an add in the classifieds, you can choose bolder text, bigger fiont, better positioning etc. all at a fee, you then pay the newspaper to place the advert. The ad gets published in the newspaper and gets circulated. Even if you don't get a single inquiry, you have still paid for the ad, you can't go back to the newspaper to ask for your money back, as the service was provided to you, as is the case here. You received better exposure, more bids, better ranking in category results etc. That's what you are paying for, not for the buyer to conclude the transaction for, that is what the success fee is for.

Fair enough , but in the case of a classified advert I have the choice of who I sell to. I should also then be able to delete bids from buyers that I think will not conclude the sale.

Also a classified sale is not removed from the newspaper or website when someone makes an "order" , It remains until you decide to remove it which is when the actual sale has taken place. It think bidorbuy has responsibility here, but are taking the easy way out. It is no brainer, we should be permitted to re-list unsold items due to unreliable buyers

Your reply as BOB representative is bullying and one that does not seek any solution. Attitude that I encounter over and over again with BOB.

qball    11
qball
Fair enough , but in the case of a classified advert I have the choice of who I sell to. I should also then be able to delete bids from buyers that I think will not conclude the sale.

Also a classified sale is not removed from the newspaper or website when someone makes an "order" , It remains until you decide to remove it which is when the actual sale has taken place. It think bidorbuy has responsibility here, but are taking the easy way out. It is no brainer, we should be permitted to re-list unsold items due to unreliable buyers

Your reply as BOB representative is bullying and one that does not seek any solution. Attitude that I encounter over and over again with BOB.

There is no difference here I'm afraid, the principle is exactly the same and no we will not allow a relist due to a sale not being concluded. Buyers also have rights in terms of the law. You can also file the SNC, make personal offers and rate the buyer accordingly. I am sorry you feel that way, I don't see how this is bullying? These are our terms and conditions which you agreed to, you paid for a service and it was delivered to you... I am not sure how else you would like us to address this?

No one forced you to make use of enhancements. As far as we see, a transaction did take place, you had buyers and bidders, page views, extra exposure, that's what you are paying for, not a guarantee that buyers will conclude orders.

qball    11
qball

Firstly in light of the CPA, a buyer on a Buy Now has the legal right to cancel, without penalty. We cannot force a user to complete a sale in this instance, neither can you. On an auction, the winner bidder is liable to conclude the sale, but it would be up to you to enforce the contract as it is directly with you, not bidorbuy. Once you have filed the SNC and the buyer is rated negative, we can start to warn or close the buyers account should the ratings drop below a certain point. We cannot act on your behalf in a legal capacity, only you can enforce the sale via legal means, we can take action against the buyer for contravening our terms and conditions of use, but we cannot enforce the sale, that is your responsibility I'm afraid.

These are the risks of transacting online and affect all online sellers including large retailers.

Edited by qball
Added comment

gemadore    10
gemadore

Nothing further .. your reply is as I expected.