Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

To the Numismatic perforationists amongst us, do these below cylinder bl...........

alloway65

To the Philatelic perforationists amongst us, do these below cylinder blocks have perforations classified within allowable tolerances or can they be classed as Perforation shift "varieties"????

Sorry for the wrong header I was working on coins then moved on to stamps....silly me!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4571[/ATTACH]

Edited by alloway65
Mixed up my hobbies!!!!!

JohnBenn

I would call them badly centered; they have to cut into the design of the next stamp for me to call them a variety. But that's me :cool:.

But there could always be a phosphor shift on the 2c???

arg1.jpg.33fdda3ad979fd8cb1fd6fba698fade2.jpg

Edited by JohnBenn

alloway65

Thanks JB....I tend to agree.

I read a dissertation by one of our more famous Bobers the other day, it peaked my interest, hence I opened some stock books I had not opened for decades....and found some off set perforations!

dstorm

The paradox of stamp collecting. A perforation shift of, say 1mm, is called badly centred. 3mm would be called a variety. 8mm would be called a spectacular variety.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

JohnBenn
The paradox of stamp collecting. A perforation shift of, say 1mm, is called badly centred. 3mm would be called a variety. 8mm would be called a spectacular variety.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

So true.