Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

How much does it cost to have a signature professionally verified? R300.00.....R3000.

alloway65

I came across some "special" offers today on the internet for Mandela R5 graded coin sets being sold at many times the going rate on BoB.....with in-house certificates of authenticity!!!! Such a bargain...oh sorry I meant rip-off!!!!

alloway65

This Mandela signature was taken from The Book....Nelson Mandela - by Himself.....Quotations etc.

452156_130316112841_003.JPG.dfecff90947eac8f2f75b84dc915031e.JPG

Kit W
This Mandela signature was taken from The Book....Nelson Mandela - by Himself.....Quotations etc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4578[/ATTACH]

There is no way that Madiba would have signed all the FDC's and ballot papers,at the rate they are being listed on BoB, even when he was relatively healthy,. The Mandela Childrens Foundation were very strict in even entertaining such requests for his signature. Surely the sellers of such items should be investigated as a lot of money is changing hands for the "signed" memorabilia and the falsified/ copied COA that are issued?

alloway65
There is no way that Madiba would have signed all the FDC's and ballot papers,at the rate they are being listed on BoB, even when he was relatively healthy,. The Mandela Childrens Foundation were very strict in even entertaining such requests for his signature. Surely the sellers of such items should be investigated as a lot of money is changing hands for the "signed" memorabilia and the falsified/ copied COA that are issued?

Hi Kit,

My thoughts exactly.

A certain seller has paid for their Autopen many times over.

Keep well

David

alloway65

Yes.....you bail out Cyprus and I will bail out Greece!!!

The rest of Europe and the USA are still up for bail outs....any reasonable offer accepted.......maybe the seller who makes a mint selling Mandela "original" signatures can bail out one of the larger countries.

Jacques Kuun

I am sitting on more more than 10 000 trillion Zim Dollars (seriously).

Can I help?

Jongleur

Can I help?

Damn. I thought at 15 Billion Zim I was the man. How did you do this ?

alloway65

Can I help?

Unfortunately not quite enough, I will exchange my British flag for your Zim Trillions.....this is a good never to be repeated deal you should not pass on!!!

Jacques Kuun

British flags are good, but at some stage every island without a flag received a British flag for free ("Oh my, so you do not have a flag. Here, you can use ours. Yes, you can use it as long as you want to").

Edited by dstorm
syntax - thanks for the email.

alloway65
British flags are good, but at some stage every island without a flag received a British flag for free ("Oh my, so you do not gave flag. Here, you can use ours. Yes, you can use it as long as you want to").

Thank you.

But as a special one-time deal I will also sign the flag and also sign the Certificate of Authenticity!

Jacques Kuun
Damn. I thought at 15 Billion Zim I was the man. How did you do this ?

I bought 2 bundles of 100 trillion dollar notes (right here on BoB).

Now I am patiently waiting for the Zim Dollar to recover.

JohnBenn

Haha, that will be a wait and a half. But patience is a virtue.

voldermort

You shall need the patience of a saint

Jacques Kuun

I get this very slight feeling that people are laughing at me…but just wait.

The USA’s total debt = 14 Trillion (or so it was a year or so ago).

Just wait till I buy America. I will give the entire continent away to charity (if any charity should want it) and just keep California’s beaches to myself. That is me, a real saint.

(Maybe I will keep Philadelphia and the surroundings as well and then turn it into a Bruce Springsteen amusment park).

Keep well and regards

Jacques

voldermort
Just wait till I buy America. I will give the entire continent away to charity (if any charity should want it)

That will be a mission especially now with parts sinking on a weekly basis

alloway65

I came across this Mandela Signature last week, the scan was taken from an item sold on BoB. This looks genuine to me....you can see the shakiness of the pen when the signature was done...a sign of age/infirmity!

452156_130415085345_Image_(540).jpg.c620122eda807e11f942acefb003f693.jpg

Jongleur
I came across this Mandela Signature last week, the scan was taken from an item sold on BoB. This looks genuine to me....you can see the shakiness of the pen when the signature was done...a sign of age/infirmity!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4603[/ATTACH]

The Sunday Times carried a story about the family spat Mandela`s children are embroiled in. One

of the lawsuits with the trustees involves a printing machine for his artworks and autopen signature.

Widely abused or not, the autopen signature is worth a fortune.

alloway65
Widely abused or not, the autopen signature is worth a fortune.

The Autopen signatures might be selling for high prices currently but I personally can't see the point from an investment point of view and from a collectors point of view....if I collected signatures I would want the real thing not a machine generated signature. Also if these Autopen signatures continue to flood the market the prices realized will only go one way.......down.

What is to stop one buying or hiring a Autopen machine and copying a famous persons signature, say Mandela's signature, then signing numerous documents as selling them as originals! The only problem I would have if I was unscrupulous enough to do this would be what "original" signature to copy!

alloway65

This item was sold yesterday on BoB...the seller stated it was a STAMPED signature...I must say the signature to me looks much better than some of the ''ORIGINAL" Mandela Signatures previously sold on BoB!

2693910_130716101243_DSCF6418.JPG

Happy Birthday Madiba.

Just Beachin

I hope the winners are blissfully happy, but if it were me, I would need to know the providence behind the signatures. I have a hard time believing uTata spent time signing pieces of paper for somebody else to cash in on, It would be more believable if it were sold by a children's trust he was/is a member/founder of, but I haven't seen the post:thinking: