Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Question about selling things online and in store

voldermort
Did I?? I want my annuals back.:sad:

No - my bid was a legally binding contract :suspicious:

love perving at Clark Gable in those annuals when he was still an up & coming star........

Colin_P
Take a look at the thread "How would you respond" under the selling on Bidorbuy and see my response.

I quoted your response in that thread :)

My buyers get ample consideration and my ratings speak for themselves and so do Cali craft and gems ratings speak for themselves..

I'm not muttering about your (or Cali Craft's) dealing with your actual customers - on the contrary, I think you both (and most of the others here) understand business and treat your customers very well.

I am muttering about the buyer-bashing that many (not all) posters in these forums indulge in. Just my little crusade for the week...

Imagine if sellers say"I have decided not to sell the item" because it did the reach the price they hoped for.

If someone canceled a sale on something I won at a cheap price, my immediate thought would be that that is exactly what they have decided to do.

mrmouse
I'll stick my neck out here and put forward the buyers viewpoint, as most of you are sellers and have a slightly different perspective.

You consider a bid to be binding, and most sellers get quite irate when a buyer bids and doesn't follow through. As a buyer, I consider your listing of an item to be binding. As binding as any bid I may make. If you wish to hold a buyer to a bid they made and have later changed their mind, then you should honour your listing and make sure that you have the item to sell.

The argument that she may have been outbid is invalid - by removing the listing you have also removed her right to counter bid.

Sorry to say this (and I'm quite preapred to accept any flaming that comes my way), but the attitude that the seller may change and cancel listings but that buyers bids are sacrosanct smacks of hypocrisy.

YAY if I had a like button I would LIKE it again and again and again and so on !!!!!!

svw
YAY if I had a like button I would LIKE it again and again and again and so on !!!!!!

mrmouse still no like button ? or :laugh: maybe your screen is zoomed to such an extent that the like button has disappeared into oblivion :whistling:

Asha Craft

I too have listed items twice by mistake. And even if it sells for R1 and I cannot supply it, I will contact the buyer immediately to explain my error AND I offer a replacement item which is similar in original value (retail, not R1) at no extra cost to the buyer.

shamotz

Another way you might try to work it so that it doesnt happen again is to have BoB open at your store, just before a person purchases something at your store check it's BoB status - delete if it has no bids and sell in-store - make it part of the "teller procedure"? Or perhaps tag the listed items in your store so you know that those might already have a bid on them.

Hope it works out well.

Cali Craft and Gems

Much easier said than done - especially when you have a tour group of twenty plus people on a tight schedule all wanting to buy and pay before the bus leaves without them!

And with the KKNK coming up in 2 weeks time... one can only imagine the chaos!

MiemsJewels

Calli the best suggestion I can come up with is: If you have something listed on Bidorbuy, do NOT display it in your shop.