Sign in to follow this  
Trellis

Question about listing position

Trellis

Hi there,

Small question please about listing position, i just had an auction that ended and it had two enhancements which was not much only R15 but id like to know why at the moment of its ending it would have been on page 3 even in the list of featured listings while other listings above have still got a week to go.

I understand if someone else pays ,more but should it not be weighted i mean page 3 on the listings while others have a week or more

Just learning the ropes here guys

Cheers

lilythepink

Trellis, send a private message (PM) to qball on this forum. He will be able to explain things to you.

TribalTrade

I believe you have a very valid question.

Maybe someone can explain the listing positions if we look at the following:

bidorbuy Weekend Specials

On the First Page of the Weekend Special "Home & Living" Category we have the following scenario:

Listing 4 belongs to dm556 and ends at 23:00 on 2013/03/10.

Listing 5 belongs to NEURI and ends at 22:00 on the same date.

At first glance there is no indication that dm556 has more enhancements, as he does not have an orange flag or a bold heading.

Therefor in my eyes these two listings are the wrong way around.

Further down Listing 15 belongs to ClearanceCorner.

He has a bold heading and an orange flag and his listing ends earlier than the above mentioned two listings!

I believe that he paid for more enhancements and therefor he should be listed between position 1 and 3.

This seems to be the norms in all "Priority Featured" and "Featured" Listings. Is there a problem, or can someone explain this?

qball

It's due to the other listings have more enhancements (not that you can see this). We also take close time into account, but generally speaking, the other listings will have more enhancements selected, which will rank higher than you items. Those willing to pay more, will be given preference.