Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

I am thinking of selling some "heavy" 9ct & 14ct gold chains, second hand..........

alloway65

I am thinking of selling some "heavy" 9ct & 14ct gold chains, second hand but in very good condition...what price can one expect to achieve on auction...the current gold price or the current gold price + a percentage?

I know how to convert the respective gold "caratage" into pure gold.

Miss Jewels

Ideally look at the current gold price with a slight percentage. Raw gold + manfacturing and assembling price. That's more than realistic and you should get very good exposure. If possible, always good to have a jeweler look at the items and give a rough estimate as to what they would pay for it. Gives you guidelines to work within.

alloway65

Many thanks MJ, very helpful.

We do have valuation certificates for all the gold chains. Rose and I were into gold chains etc many moons ago but not anymore....it is really not safe in Jhb these days to flash ones "wealth"!

We have put certain gold chains etc away for our Grandchildren....our children are not into chains/jewellery and their wives will be well catered for in this regard.

windrider
Many thanks MJ, very helpful.

We do have valuation certificates for all the gold chains. Rose and I were into gold chains etc many moons ago but not anymore....it is really not safe in Jhb these days to flash ones "wealth"!

We have put certain gold chains etc away for our Grandchildren....our children are not into chains/jewellery and their wives will be well catered for in this regard.

Would love to see them listed on BoB. My place was burgled a couple of months ago and they stole the majority of my jewellery including a reasonably heavy gold chain that was a present from my folks. Looking for a replacement and it would be good to get it from a respected seller.

alloway65
Would love to see them listed on BoB. My place was burgled a couple of months ago and they stole the majority of my jewellery including a reasonably heavy gold chain that was a present from my folks. Looking for a replacement and it would be good to get it from a respected seller.

Thanks for your interest, if I have time today I will list a man's heavy 9ct Gold bracelet! This particular one is 22.5 cm long, 9.06 mm wide, 3mm thick and weighs about 33.6 grams.

Edited by alloway65
changed to 9 ct

MiemsJewels

WOW! Great idea Alloway, especially if we can get it at competitive and affordable prices.

alloway65
WOW! Great idea Alloway, especially if we can get it at competitive and affordable prices.

I was thinking of 3 times the ruling Gold price..........................only Joking.:bigsmile: