Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

Any news on SAPO strike?

Vegar    10
Vegar

Does anyone have 'inside' information on the strike at Witpos or other post offices?

I am sitting with three packages to Joburg and would like to know if I should send or wait?

alloway65    10
alloway65

I would wait until the strike is well over and the backlog cleared...I have about a dozen packages on hold.

Edited by alloway65

babyface2    10
babyface2

Also sitting with parcels and the girls at my post office told me on Monday that cape town is also now striking and durban on go slow

alloway65    10
alloway65

Our local PO this morning said the things are slowly getting back to normal....all we have to do is define normal!!!!!

MagicMan0027    10
MagicMan0027

Wish these people will stop with their strike, I'm waiting for about 5 or 6 parcels now since 12 Feb. Will start buying stuff again when strike is over

Vegar    10
Vegar

I was told, by a clerk at the post office, that 90% of the workers at Witpos had gone back to work - for fear of losing their jobs ... but they have a huge backlog.

But now apparently the Cape Town HUB is on go slow, not processing overseas parcels.

Their new slogan: We do NOT deliver - whatever it takes!

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Thank heavens above that all my latest parcels from my suppliers (local and international) I've paid for courier service - hell expensive, but chances are that I'll actually get the stock before the KKNK!

AManAPlan    10
AManAPlan

Brooklyn postoffice is also on strike. The temporary personel there are actually very efficient. Apparently they are from HQ. Wish they would stay. They are much better than those useless lot that normally works there.

Been waiting for my parcels since beginning of Feb from Durban and Capetown. So frustrating.

Fashion Star    10
Fashion Star

some of the parcels still not move at all.

Vegar    10
Vegar

Why is there so little news on the postal strike?

Is it just me being out of touch - I admit not being glued to the news nor reading more than headlines in the papers - or is there very little reporting on this vast dysfunction?

I tracked some parcels this morning and I see no progress at all from the 8th of March.

alloway65    10
alloway65

There was a discussion with the PO this morning on 702 re the strike but unfortunately I missed it.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

And the only three parcels that were too large to be sent via courier have been stuck at the Bruma post office for more than a week - not moving a millimetre! With the KKNK a week away, I have a nasty feeling that I won't be getting my stock in time...

Dzignergal    10
Dzignergal

HI The legal strike has started on the Thursday 14-03-2013. So now we in that long waiting process again. I would not advise any sellers to post things until this strike has ended. I am sitting with so many of parcels stuck at witspos that have not even been scanned.