Sign in to follow this  
vincent huisman

Again strike at Witpos

vincent huisman    10
vincent huisman

I am still waiting for a parcel that was send to me on the 12th of march 2013 but it seems there is yet another illegal strike going on.

I at first agreed with the seller that there was nothing he could do about that,but know after did a bit of investigation i think he should have known better and stopped using that post-office, and offered me the courier option.

Vincent Huisman

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Welcome to the forum Vincent.

The 12th of March? Impossible....:amuse: The strike is still on and it only started the 15th of February. a Lot of parcels got stuck at the Hubs. Please be patient. The sellers did not know that there is going to be a strike, otherwise we would have use the courier option.

Regards

Miems

SAPO latest work stoppage update

Edited by MiemsJewels

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC
I am still waiting for a parcel that was send to me on the 12th of march 2013 but it seems there is yet another illegal strike going on.

I at first agreed with the seller that there was nothing he could do about that,but know after did a bit of investigation i think he should have known better and stopped using that post-office, and offered me the courier option.

Vincent Huisman

the strike did start on the 12th of Feb however the post offices still took our parcels right until the 18th and only then did they inform us of the strike. please we ask for a little more patience and hopefully this madness ends soon

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

Vincent Huisman

You're being unreasonable. And I'm not speaking as a seller (because I'm not one), but as a fellow buyer who is also waiting for a purchase.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Maybe the strike will be over by the 12 March when they send your parcel?

voldermort    10
voldermort

Naah, you are quite right....it is neither here nor there that perhaps your seller does not deal with or have a courier option, neither here nor there that perhaps your seller never knew about this strike when dispatching your parcel (which I surely hope was on 12 Feb & not 12 March as you said, otherwise your seller can work wonders & should definitely become a keeper to you), neither here nor there that perhaps your seller was not psychic enough to know which Post Offices would be affected............he should have known better & should have offered you, if not a courier option, at least a home delivery!

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Hmm. Seller still has 8 days before the the required shipping date ( 12 March 2013 ). Or was that supposed to have been 12th Feb 2013.

Who knows

voldermort    10
voldermort
Hmm. Seller still has 8 days before the the required shipping date ( 12 March 2013 ). Or was that supposed to have been 12th Feb 2013.

Who knows

12 March ........ this seller leaves Houdini in the dust :hm:

Vegar    10
Vegar

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on with the postal strike?

[h=1]SA Post Office (Sapo) strike brings on death threats[/h]

Friday, 01 March 2013 07:17

Written by Editor emailButton.png printButton.png pdf_button.png

postoffice_thumb100_.jpgSowetan reports that the strike at the SA Post Office (Sapo) has spiralled, with death threats having been made against members of a newly-formed union. This week, a leader, who asked not to be named, of the SA Postal Workers’ Union (Sapwu) in Gauteng was attacked by men carrying guns. This came as workers at Sapo in Gauteng have been on strike for three weeks. The strike was sparked by a small group of workers, who duped their colleagues into raising about R400,000 for a lawsuit against Sapo, with the promise that the legal action would bring the workers millions of rands. Sowetan reports on two serious incidents of threats made against Sapwu leaders. Meantime, the CCMA has apparently been invited by unions and Sapo to a meeting to take place today with the aim of ending the strike the parastatal.

• Read this report on page 6 of today’s Sowetan