Sign in to follow this  
pablojani

doll and teddy bear

pablojani    10
pablojani

An elderly lady has asked me to sell an old doll and teddy bear for her. I have no idea of their value. She thinks they are valuable (naturally). How can I get advice as to their value?[ATTACH=CONFIG]4563[/ATTACH]

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

If you send a PM to "geewhiz" I am sure she'll guide you here! Good luck.

The doll is a slightly bigger version of the one I was given as a gift in about 1958. I still have it but it isn't in such good condition.

Edited by lilythepink

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

The teddy is late 1950's. It has vinyl pads. The older teddies normally have leather or felt pads.

You will probably find if you squeeze the head it is straw stuffed

The rest of the body will be stuffed with a soft stuffing like kapok(Not sure of spelling)

The older teddy bears are normally stuffed with straw top to toe

The doll looks like hard plastic.It could be a pedigree.Look for makers marks on back or back of neck

Some dealers will put a far higher value on the teddy than I would and some fool will buy it

My tops is R350-R450

The doll in nice condition.R500-R600

Also look at the Rosebud dolls as they tend to have the close set eyes and pursed lips

1301_l-001.jpg.a474ef5ab09588f3d8cbed8d06f035b9.jpg

Edited by geewhizz

pablojani    10
pablojani
The teddy is late 1950's. It has vinyl pads. The older teddies normally have leather or felt pads.

You will probably find if you squeeze the head it is straw stuffed

The rest of the body will be stuffed with a soft stuffing like kapok(Not sure of spelling)

The older teddy bears are normally stuffed with straw top to toe

The doll looks like hard plastic.It could be a pedigree.Look for makers marks on back or back of neck

Some dealers will put a far higher value on the teddy than I would and some fool will buy it

My tops is R350-R450

The doll in nice condition.R500-R600

Also look at the Rosebud dolls as they tend to have the close set eyes and pursed lips

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4564[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this. I will pass it on to the owner of the doll and teddy and see if she wants me to list them on BidorBuy.