Sign in to follow this  
FORUMDUDE

Blocklist shoud be permanent.

FORUMDUDE    10
FORUMDUDE

I blocked a buyer a couple of months ago for winning items and not paying.

On the 24th this person won items on my auction again...3rd March today. No payment, No response....nothing!

72.81% rating with 31 negative ratings.

Now it is going to suck another 2 weeks off my life. Begging, pleading, Filing SNC's etc.

All because this person was automatically unblocked by the system.

Blocking should be permanent until "we" decide to unblock.

This person is a compulsive shopper with a empty wallet and a great track record for not paying!

If the system automatically release a serial killer from Jail. Is he/she not going to kill again???:colbert:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

We have had one buyer do this to us THREE times.

Bought 3 times, SNCed 3 times and blocked 3 times........

FORUMDUDE    10
FORUMDUDE
We have had one buyer do this to us THREE times.

Bought 3 times, SNCed 3 times and blocked 3 times........

Blocking is a joke.

SUNMASTER    10
SUNMASTER

Blocking should be permanent until "we" decide to unblock

I agree

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Admins logic is mind boggling on this subject as it only creates more work for everyone involved. I will not deal with a buyer who has messed me around in the past, my profit margin isn't large enough for the headache, when there are so many good people out there who "get" what it's all about.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I also agree that blocking should mean blocking for life (or until the seller wishes to change the situation).

Most "real" shops have signs reading "Right of admission reserved" - we should be entitled to the same law!

FORUMDUDE    10
FORUMDUDE
I also agree that blocking should mean blocking for life (or until the seller wishes to change the situation).

Most "real" shops have signs reading "Right of admission reserved" - we should be entitled to the same law!

I agree 100%.

The buyer wont pay for the the listing fee...Hell,we cant even get them to pay for the items

Either that or BOB should refund the listing fees lost in the process.

SNC only refunds the Moola Bob took as comm.

You list a item R5 for, some ppl want full package for R100.00 at the end listing fees can be anywhere from R5-R180.00

Customer don't pay....your profit is gone. You re-list, pay again and sell at cost or at a loss.:wacko:

No justice in that.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Impulsive bidding? Neh...

rina25 (2)

Rating:100.00% positive ratings

Please cancel my order, was an impulsive bid. Thank you!

Sent from my BlackBerry®

She bid and won 9 auctions. Paid for and were rated for 2.

kebs    10
kebs

Agreed 200%! We should determine whether we want to unblock some-one! I had some-one who has bought twice from me, didn't pay either time, blocked twice, unblocked twice by the system, then tried to bid again on one of my auctions! I had to watch the auction like a hawk until it was over - had to delete his bids twice - he clearly didn't get the message the first time!

bok2004    10
bok2004

Bob is to clever to do this!! they are trying to get money from everybody doesnt matter how!!!

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All
Bob is to clever to do this!! they are trying to get money from everybody doesnt matter how!!!

Could just be that BoB believes in giving second chances!

kebs    10
kebs

I'm all for second chances... But thirds, fourths & fifths are pushing it a bit...:suspicious:

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All

My last comment was actually in defense of BoB. I felt that Bok2004's comment was filled with hostility towards BoB and they do deserve a certain amount of respect from both buyers and sellers. Let us not forget that they provide a world class platform for us to trade on.

We've also had a buyer or two come back and fool around again and again after being automatically unblocked. It is truly frustrating! But we've also had first and second time “offenders” come back from being blocked before only to have them become our best customers.

qball    11
qball

The issue is very clear for us. We allowed this some time ago, for blocking to be permanent, in fact it was so badly abused by sellers, many long time sellers simply blocked non rated new users, we lost thousands of potential buyers due to the actions of many sellers. Every system is open to abuse, some sellers took the opportunity to abuse it, you have them to thank for it. When we looked into the stats and blocked buyers and bidders, about 70% to 80% were blocked for no valid or legitimate reason. Therefore we took a decision to block the bidders for a shorter period, to stop the abuse.

This site cannot survive when sellers start to abuse it. Losing thousands of buyers impacts every single one of you, as a seller.

Granted, it is frustrating, and there are valid reasons to block some bidders or buyers, the problem is further exacerbated by the CPA, where discrimination against a consumer is not permitted, so we also have to take that into consideration.

There is a process to handle this, file the SNC, rate the bidder/buyer negative. If the bidder/buyer continues to cause problems, report it to us, we will then have a discussion with the bidder/buyer.

Edited by qball

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
My last comment was actually in defense of BoB. I felt that Bok2004's comment was filled with hostility towards BoB and they do deserve a certain amount of respect from both buyers and sellers. Let us not forget that they provide a world class platform for us to trade on.

We've also had a buyer or two come back and fool around again and again after being automatically unblocked. It is truly frustrating! But we've also had first and second time “offenders” come back from being blocked before only to have them become our best customers.

Exactly , if unhappy with the way BoB runs the site , start youre own buy/sell site , then you can block everyone at will , and for any amount of time , you can even ban buyers entirely from buying , just think of the freedom you will have .:grin: