Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Cellphone Numbers Collectible?

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Hi All

This is me :o:confused: - just saw a cellphone number going for R1000. Have they become collectable items? Are we going to see "vintage", "antique", "classic" numbers in the nearby future?

Time for me to start bugging my family for all their old sims. Gonna collect me a trunk load-ful and become super rich!

I am really confused? Could someone please explain?

Regards

Sandy

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Hi Admin

Superstition could be a lucrative biz.

Anyone have any rabbits for sale? I will start making the crutches in the morning!:)

Vertigo    10
Vertigo

Hi b&b ,

Sorry to burst your bubble but the cards expire after a few months of no usage , so if you were to collect you would have to use the cards ( all 5000 of them ) every now and then ,,,,

Btw. that number will then be allocated to the new contract or a new pre paid starter pack

Warm regards

vertigo

JvwComputing    10
JvwComputing

I just bought a number for R2000.

The reason is because it's a very easy number to remember and that is great for your clients. It's the same with domain names ect. There have been domain names worth millions just because of the simplicity and popularity.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Hi Sandy,

It is called superstition, I believe.

So you have not seen this post then ? http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/showthread.php?t=3139

Well, I am not allowed to view this thread which you've posted, Andries. I get a BoB message telling me I do not have permission to view your thread as posted, and asking me if I am trying to post on someone else's account or some other equally darstardly deed! Or it tells me I am not allowed to post.

58f5a71e32400_BoBforum..jpg.1b5cb8bc49ee1b6a806dd1bd6c06e9da.jpg

The Beak is innocent, I tell you. All The Bird did was try to log onto your thread.

What is happening ...??? :worried:

Edited by lilythepink

JPBon    10
JPBon

I got the same message.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I got the same message.

JP, it seems that you and I are on the same wavelength on this forum?! ROFL

JPBon    10
JPBon

I think admin forgot he has privileges that we dont have

JPBon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I think admin forgot he has privileges that we dont have

Should we be jealous, JP?

JPBon    10
JPBon
Should we be jealous, JP?

Nope Im not the jealous kind.

qball    10
qball

Try now... Andries moved this to the freezer, so it was not viewable unless you have admin rights.

kyle2    10
kyle2

I think this seller is hoping for a miracle, The number has 786 'in the middle somewhere'. The desirable numbers have the normal 082/3/4 786 1234, hence they actually begin with 786.

Mine starts with 687 if anyones interested in buying it for R1,000,000.00 LOL:grin:

kyle2    10
kyle2

If anyone's interested, the MD of Vodacom supposedly has a number that goes something like this : 082 082 082*, you fill in the blank/s. LOL:laugh:

JvwComputing    10
JvwComputing
I think this seller is hoping for a miracle, The number has 786 'in the middle somewhere'. The desirable numbers have the normal 082/3/4 786 1234, hence they actually begin with 786.

Mine starts with 687 if anyones interested in buying it for R1,000,000.00 LOL:grin:

I'm interested!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

I have one that ends with 2010, cannot remember the rest, will have to go and look if anyone is interested!:grin:

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Move fast-wont be any buyers in 2011

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Hehehe, i don't know where it is, but i will go have a look this weekend and then list it, thanks!:grin:

johnkingx    10
johnkingx

if u have a company buying a easy number like 12345 can be good for your customers, whats r2000 for the convinience u provide to your customers when they need to contact u. u know our memory span is getting shorter by the day so its a good deal