Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Say what!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Buyer buys on crazy wed auction for around R1100.00-He emails me today to say that he has stopped paying sellers on bid or buy due to post office strike and will settle when the strike is over!!!

Excuse me ??why bid in first place knowing there is strike on and he has reservations,surely he can settle as per selling terms and instruct me to hold items and post on his instructions,would be the logical option.

Some buyers think many of us sell for fun and charity ,but unfortunatley many of us sell to make a living!!

neil

wayjen

Send out your normal email and sit back. File your SNC and see what happens and whether they then pay or not just negative rate them.

voldermort
Buyer buys on crazy wed auction for around R1100.00-He emails me today to say that he has stopped paying sellers on bid or buy due to post office strike and will settle when the strike is over!!!

Excuse me ??why bid in first place knowing there is strike on and he has reservations,surely he can settle as per selling terms and instruct me to hold items and post on his instructions,would be the logical option.

Some buyers think many of us sell for fun and charity ,but unfortunatley many of us sell to make a living!!

neil

hahaha I received a very similar email Wednesday night - wonder if it is the same person........

alloway65

Making a living is one thing.....but with some of the buyers out there maybe it should be called..... a living h**l !!!

I must say I have been quite lucky with buyers but when looking back the SNC's I have lodged to date are mounting up.

I am bidding on some of Neil's items now and was hoping to pay with my Christmas bonus....just remembered I am retired and don't receive a Christmas bonus!:angel:

ATA STAMP CENTRE
hahaha I received a very similar email Wednesday night - wonder if it is the same person........

Likely,but after emailing the buyer and expalining that it is not acceptable to me and that if my payment terms are not met ,then i will file snc and relist the items,not in a threatening manner at all,as i am very accomodating seller,but the byer replies "go for it"

As he bought a week before as well and did not pay yet i filed snc on that item but wed past obviously i have to wait a week to file snc.

After telling me to go for it and i file the snc and after telling buyer the items are relisted and no longer abailable to him,what do you think the buyer does ?? he appeals the snc of course,!!!

Does not make sense at all!!!

neil

voldermort
Likely,but after emailing the buyer and expalining that it is not acceptable to me and that if my payment terms are not met ,then i will file snc and relist the items,not in a threatening manner at all,as i am very accomodating seller,but the byer replies "go for it"

As he bought a week before as well and did not pay yet i filed snc on that item but wed past obviously i have to wait a week to file snc.

After telling me to go for it and i file the snc and after telling buyer the items are relisted and no longer abailable to him,what do you think the buyer does ?? he appeals the snc of course,!!!

Does not make sense at all!!!

neil

Couldn't agree more - buyers can wait until the strike is over for items to be posted if they like but in the meantime pay for what you have bought.

Whilst on this subject, I would suggest to all sellers to be extra vigilant with email payment notifications - received one a few days back for the correct amount for an item bought but to a completely different account number. Emailed buyer & advised them of this, their response "I am so sorry, I will check where the money has gone & get back to you in a few minutes".............well now, close on a week has gone by & it seems they are still checking :hm:

circe

that is why i have internet banking on my account.the moment there is movment on the account i get a sms. then i log into the bank website to make certain that the money has been payed into the acc. them only i sent the item.

Rambeo

Maybe BoB should ask for a deposit from first time buyers. And they can only buy to the value of their credit until they've proven themselves. I'm sure that will make them more savvy buyers for the future.