Sign in to follow this  
meeks

The cheek!! Pulling images off my listings and using them for their own?????

meeks    10
meeks

I am livid, to say the very least.!! I notice a seller has a bead kit on auction (Beats they call it)) and the glass pearl image in there is MY image, taken by me with my own camera, and I still use that image from time to time. This seller does not normally sell crafts (Beads) but e-books I believe.

This is preposterous, and downright copyright theft. I have reported the matter to community watch, and the seller better remove it from their listings, because I will take legal action, it is very time consuming taking the photos, editing them and then finally listing the images, and then just for a lazy so and so, to come and just take it and proceed to try make money from the time and hard work put in by other people?

I intend phoning a relative of mine who is an advocate, and getting some advice, as this is not the first time this has happened.- previously was a different culprit

This seller has been a Bidorbuy user since 2009- surely they know the rules/law?

Edited by meeks

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I reported someone a few days ago for "stealing" my images! Still had the audacity to advertise Tanzanites and put up my blue diamond images as "the actual pics" of the Tanzanites!

Also in the past week I had an individual who asked me via Q&A for my private info to contact me - I told them that no contact was allowed "offline" so they continued with their enquiries via Q&A. Her request was if I minded her buying our jewellery and reselling it, to which I replied I had no problem wth her doing so, but she was not allowed to use our photos or listing info (not copy & paste). The reply I got was "well then what is the use of buying the item if I can't copy!"... don't people know what copyright means?

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
I am livid, to say the very least.!! I notice a seller has a bead kit on auction (Beats they call it)) and the glass pearl image in there is MY image, taken by me with my own camera, and I still use that image from time to time. This seller does not normally sell crafts (Beads) but e-books I believe.

This is preposterous, and downright copyright theft. I have reported the matter to community watch, and the seller better remove it from their listings, because I will take legal action, it is very time consuming taking the photos, editing them and then finally listing the images, and then just for a lazy so and so, to come and just take it and proceed to try make money from the time and hard work put in by other people?

I intend phoning a relative of mine who is an advocate, and getting some advice, as this is not the first time this has happened.- previously was a different culprit

This seller has been a Bidorbuy user since 2009- surely they know the rules/law?

I think youre going to struggle with that one dont see any watermark , its public domain and those photos can and probably do appear all over the internet ,it happens all over and continuosly , once posted its out there for all to see and use , has happened to me and lots of others , I find photos of wildlife that I have taken on all sorts of sites , they could have found the photos on google pics .

meeks    10
meeks
Glass Beads - Set Beats XL for sale in Bapsfontein (ID:91972546)

I "luv" the spelling...."....as soon as funds claer in acc...." Is this an abbreviation for "claer(hout".

Just wonder where the layout of their auction came from...

All the other images in that listing belong to other bead sellers as well, and the darn cheek to say "what you see is what you bid buy" ?? well, I see images belonging to other sellers and to myself.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

I hear you , its frustrating , but not worth chasing ,, Take it as a compliment that they chose you`re photos , But think of putting you`re name on future photos , can be photo shopped but time consuming to remove it , A Small,," property of Meeks " will do the trick .

Edited by mrmouse

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Sorry to hear that others so under handedly have stolen your pics. But Mrmouse is right in saying watermarking or labelling your photographs is the way to go.

meeks    10
meeks
Sorry to hear that others so under handedly have stolen your pics. But Mrmouse is right in saying watermarking or labelling your photographs is the way to go.

I hear what you are saying,and agree with you, but it still does not give them the right to steal (because that is what it is...Photo theft) I can prove that I took that picture, I never use internet pictures, I take my own.

The other pictures do indeed belong to another bead seller, and this seller (The E Book seller) has even copied her descriptions/wording and quantities exactly the same....She is at work, but is also fuming at the audacity of this seller,and she will report to community watch this afternoon as well.

I have sent 2 messages via "ask seller a question" but have not heard a thing.

This seller should be named and shamed... As it is, the craft (Bead) category has gone down the drain in the past 2-3 years,and it is a battle just selling and then barely making a profit, but we are trying, but there is no hope if every Tom, **** & Harry seller suddenly decides to sell beads and just takes the hard work of others and use it as if it is their own property- That is called stealing, and THAT on a public trading site.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

And if you`re not software tolerant , make a small stand up board with your name on it and place it in every photo , hang you`re items on it , then it wont be used , and it wont cost you a cent to make , some software can be daunting and time consuming .

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

You should actually be proud of yourself as people are using your photos showing that you have a very good camera, and the photos you take are very impressive.

I don't care if people make use of my pictures. Mine could be found all over Google, and I'm glad if they can make use of it. :smile:

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Named and shamed , won`t make any difference , to 99.999 percent of the buyers on BoB , or the seller , they will gets lots of attention through it and possibly sales ,buyers they do`nt care , they just want a bead or piece of wire etc , , hmmm easier just to mark you`re pics ,

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

If I had a LIKE button , I would LIKE youre post 6 times ,Miems ,

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Look, I understand meeks pain. I belong to a photography forum and photographers fume constantly about copy right infringement. In which the actual photograph is their bread and butter. But then again, its not the case here. The photograph is a representation of meeks,

" Bread and Butter " . But then once again the picture obviously is the MAJOR way of selling her wares. So, yes I think she has the right to rant and rave. So I say follow it up and give them hell.:awesome:

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

Ive got photos of birds that I took, hanging in the University of Mexico entrance hall , Did they buy them NOOOOOO , they printed them off Google , 100 percent legal , and im was so happy about that , the fact that they used my photos , Brilliant .

meeks    10
meeks
Look, I understand meeks pain. I belong to a photography forum and photographers fume constantly about copy right infringement. In which the actual photograph is their bread and butter. But then again, its not the case here. The photograph is a representation of meeks,

" Bread and Butter " . But then once again the picture obviously is the MAJOR way of selling her wares. So, yes I think she has the right to rant and rave. So I say follow it up and give them hell.:awesome:

Well, now I am MAJOR confused as to just WHAT is going on?? I have been in contact with the other seller whose images are also used here (and in the Friday auction kit) and I told them that I spoke to a relative in the legal profession,and soon after that, I see my glass pearl picture has now been removed by the offending seller, and an image of glass pearls from the other bead seller is now in it's place???? Basically all her images are now used?? What is going on behind the scenes here???? This is really confusing.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
Well, now I am MAJOR confused as to just WHAT is going on?? I have been in contact with the other seller whose images are also used here (and in the Friday auction kit) and I told them that I spoke to a relative in the legal profession,and soon after that, I see my glass pearl picture has now been removed by the offending seller, and an image of glass pearls from the other bead seller is now in it's place???? Basically all her images are now used?? What is going on behind the scenes here???? This is really confusing.

?

Maybe they are just using random pictures off Google and have no idea that they are in use on BoB.??

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
You should actually be proud of yourself as people are using your photos showing that you have a very good camera, and the photos you take are very impressive.

I don't care if people make use of my pictures. Mine could be found all over Google, and I'm glad if they can make use of it. :smile:

The "like" button doesn't seem to be working today so I announce that I hereby officially "like" your post, Miems! :grin:

meeks    10
meeks
?

Maybe they are just using random pictures off Google and have no idea that they are in use on BoB.??

If you go to google images, say, looking for bead pictures to put in a listing on Bidorbuy, just pointing your mouse at the picture reveals a little "window" which tells you where that image comes from and if it says Bidorbuy, or e-bay, or whatever trading site, it should be enough indication that that image could be private property as it shows it comes from Bidorbuy (in my case) and also that there is a chance that that same image could be in use right at that very moment by the rightful owner on the same site where the "taker" wants to use it.

Anyway, I will be keeping a very wide open eye from now on.

Edited by meeks

svw    10
svw

I don't blame 'meeks' getting upset "I would feel exactly the same" in order to get a good picture of an item it takes time and effort! Firstly you have to take the photo preferably on a white background then edit - crop - adjust brightness / contrast etc etc. As an online seller your photo of the item you are selling is your 'shop window' so to speak and if you are better at presenting your pictures and in doing so creating higher volume of views and sales then yes it is a huge problem when someone comes along and just hijacks your photos !

TheSTRAFF    10
TheSTRAFF

The Best thing To Do Is To Watermark it With Your Name Across The Picture. I've Been Doing It Since I've Noticed Images Looking Like Mine On The Same Website.

Canil    10
Canil

Copy & Paste

Hmmm. I suspect some of my listing descriptions may be experiencing the same fate, typos and all! :biggrin: One of the hazards of copy and paste I guess! Never mind, they must think I write good descriptions even though they are somewhat marred by the r key sticking on my keyboard, so will just take it as a compliment!! :biggrin::biggrin:

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Hmmm. I suspect some of my listing descriptions may be experiencing the same fate, typos and all! :biggrin: One of the hazards of copy and paste I guess! Never mind, they must think I write good descriptions even though they are somewhat marred by the r key sticking on my keyboard, so will just take it as a compliment!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Very old quote "Imitation is the greatest/best/sincerest form of flattery".

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I have this issue every few months. And all my stuff is watermarked. As you said, these photo's take a lot of time and effort. Try using Fast Watermark, it's easy to use and free. Very basic, but it works.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I figure I am never gonna use the photo again, so if anyone asks, and I still have, they are more than welcome to have my stock photos!:grin: