Sign in to follow this  
Minnken

Plain fedup

Minnken    10
Minnken

why is it a seller can sell a chipped, cracked item without it being revealed to the buyer then when the buyer wants a refund for non disclosure he is forced to pay return postage but once the seller files a snc against the buyer the buyer has no option to rate the seller for selling items with defects that where hidden. Then the seller proceeds to negatively rate the buyer.????? Anyone with answers to this please enlighten me.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Minnken

You can appeal your rating, send bidorbuy an email describing what happened and ask them to review the negative rating. You can send your email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za. This is appalling behaviour by the seller and totally uncalled for.

svw    10
svw
why is it a seller can sell a chipped, cracked item without it being revealed to the buyer then when the buyer wants a refund for non disclosure he is forced to pay return postage but once the seller files a snc against the buyer the buyer has no option to rate the seller for selling items with defects that where hidden. Then the seller proceeds to negatively rate the buyer.????? Anyone with answers to this please enlighten me.

Any defects should be revealed in the listing and as far as the seller rating you negatively after you have rated them negatively this is referred to as 'revenge rating' and is frowned upon by bidorbuy and other reputable sellers. Your best bet would be to contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

(IMHO) I do not know to which auction you are referring, but if the item had 'flaws', that / those should have been noted in the item description. If noted, then Seller made 'full disclosure'. If it / they were not, then perhaps an oversight on Seller's part(?). Or, quite possibly, the item was damaged in transit.

Seller's T&C (Terms and Conditions) would hopefully cover returns and costs involved should an item be returned... for whatever reason... and who would be responsible for those costs.

Fees are charged for an item selling with a winning bid. Should the transaction not be completed, for whatever reason, the only way a Seller can recoup those fees is by filing a SNC (Sale Not Complete). Seller is given 'options' for the reason for filing the SNC. One option is Seller made full refund to Buyer and Buyer has returned item.

When a SNC is filed, Buyer is notified and given 7-days to tell his / her 'side of the story'. BoB reviews Seller's reason for the SNC and Buyer's response to determine 'fault'. If Buyer does not reply to the SNC, the SNC is found in Seller's favor.

Personally, as a Seller, I would have a hard time leaving a negative rating for a returned item - after all, the item was returned and fees were recouped.

Since no one knows the whole 'skinny', perhaps communication between you and the Seller might resolve the 'problem'... for both of you. Do you still have the item? Did you return it? (Paying return postage may be less 'costly' than a negative rating.) Was your payment reverted?

You may consider sending an email to BoB (communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za) giving them the particulars. Given that they receive uncountable email each day, have phones ringing off the hook, etc., it may take them time to get back to you, but they will.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Pathway    10
Pathway

Hmmm, not shy about asking for postage, either...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

... 'plain fed up' doesn't even begin to describe how 'ticked off' I am!

Buy Now closed 14th January and I waited until 9th February for finalization of payment. Parcel shipped the 11th of February (tracking number sent via BoB's Message System), which means parcel has been in transit for SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS (USPS / US Customs closed Friday noon until Monday morning AND we had a holiday - President's Day). Buyer leaves a negative saying she is 'disappointed' with item. Dadburned... I checked with USPS and they advised SA Customs was notified on the 21st to 'expect' parcel (cleared US Customs on 19th), so how in the blue blazes can Buyer be 'disappointed' with item when it has not even arrived yet ('normal' time in transit 4 - 6 weeks)? Buyer further states he / she will NEVER buy anything from me again (oh,' Lawdy', I pray this part is true!)

I contact Buyer via email asking why the negative and would Buyer consider changing to at least a neutral. Buyer's reply, "The rating stands until item received". This after waiting nearly a month for payment AND paying the additional monies out-of-pocket (after postal increase the first of February) to ship.

I don't get 'a mad' going on very often, but sheeesh!

(thanks for letting me 'vent')

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore
After checking w/USPS & US Customs NY

shamotz    10
shamotz

So sorry Ruthie :( I think this SAPO strike is creating havoc eith everyone's ratings, I have just ignored all the leave rating reminders until the parcels get here - other buyers should do the same - if buyers choose to ship with SAPO they can't blame the seller for shipping delays due to SAPO strike.

dame84    10
dame84

Good day everyone... since i dont usually get time to do much other than list, package and ship items i will not often be found on the forum.

However i decided to check today and i found this thread. I would like to defend myself in this regard.

I had 2 of these items (this was explained to the buyer) the wrong item was sent. i offered to refund but asked that the item be returned first. the buyer REFUSED and gave me a negative rating. so i refunded and asked for the item to be returned. TO THIS DAY THE ITEM HAS NEVER BEEN RETURNED!!!!!

THAT IS WHY THE BUYER HAS A NEGATIVE RATING! she kept the item and the refund! Bravo... she clearly needed the money.

Have a great day!

dame84

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
Good day everyone... since i dont usually get time to do much other than list, package and ship items i will not often be found on the forum.

However i decided to check today and i found this thread. I would like to defend myself in this regard.

I had 2 of these items (this was explained to the buyer) the wrong item was sent. i offered to refund but asked that the item be returned first. the buyer REFUSED and gave me a negative rating. so i refunded and asked for the item to be returned. TO THIS DAY THE ITEM HAS NEVER BEEN RETURNED!!!!!

THAT IS WHY THE BUYER HAS A NEGATIVE RATING! she kept the item and the refund! Bravo... she clearly needed the money.

Have a great day!

dame84

If I sent a buyer the incorrect item that would be my fault. I would never ask the buyer to pay the return postage especially on an item that is chipped.

You cannot expect the buyer to pay for your fault.

You took her money, you give her what she paid for. If you want the chipped item back you pay the postage.