Sign in to follow this  
svw

SAPO latest work stoppage update

kebs

Witspos!? Why am I not surprised...:wondering:

lilythepink

Oh no. Not again!!

YSLMAGIC

apparently this time it is all mailing hubs going on strike as well. plus our branch manager said they will be closing their doors as from next week if their demands are not met......sooo much drama and we still fresh in the year:sad:

wayjen

Is Witspos holding the postal service to ransom? There are people who want to work so fire the lot of them and employ people that want to work.

Rambeo

On the other hand. The new staff might speed up the service. And that might put courier companies out of business. and then in a years time the new staff will strike because they're working too hard to keep up the expected output that they are now being paced on, and now feel they are underpaid... Vicious circle. "sigh" :cry:

svw

Think it's about time they changed their motto "we deliver whatever it takes" to "we only deliver when not striking"...

SUNMASTER

The buyers is not going to be happy :worried:

They payed they want there items

Tracking show that parcels is not moving

Edited by SUNMASTER

MiemsJewels

Sunmaster there's absolutely zilch we can do about it. Our hands are chopped off! .

SUNMASTER

You are 100% right.

As soon as Buyers pay i ask them permission to hold onto there parcel's , rather than dropping them at the post office .

MiemsJewels
You are 100% right.

As soon as Buyers pay i ask them permission to hold onto there parcel's , rather than dropping them at the post office .

Good idea, yes.

Just Beachin

I sat on hold calling track and trace this morning from 9am to 10am, honest, nobody home!

Rambeo

They are apparently inundated by calls due to the strike that has been hush-hushed for the first couple of days. The media wasn't even aware. Just assume no parcels are moving.

svw
They are apparently inundated by calls due to the strike that has been hush-hushed for the first couple of days. The media wasn't even aware. Just assume no parcels are moving.

This is an ongoing problem, does anyone know or remember why their staff keep striking? Any normal privatized business would not be able to operate under these conditions..

Rambeo

^^^^

Welcome to the postoffice. ... Your call is important to us, please be patient, your call will be answered.

Whose Granny did that recording?

:disgusted:

Edited by Rambeo

wayjen

Maybe someone should alert the media as to what is happening?

JohnBenn

Just my luck, when I'm waiting for 3 parcels to pass through both hubs.:sad:

JohnBenn

"2/15/2013 12:00:00 AM

Illegal strikes contained

Friday, 15 February - The SA Post Office can confirm that an illegal work stoppage has occurred at the Witspos and Tshwane Mailing Centres in Gauteng.

Initial investigations indicate that the work stoppage is not related to the organisation at all.

Management is seeking clarity on the real causes of the work stoppage in order to determine the next course of action. However, the no-work-no-pay principle applies as the work stoppage remains illegal and could potentially compromise service delivery to our valued customers.

The SA Post Office is working towards to resolving this matter swiftly; in the interim we have put contingency plans in place to minimise service disruption and delays. We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused and we will provide a further update."

Maybe some hope,hopefully.

SUNMASTER

We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused and we will provide a further update."

This is 4 days ago and still no update. I am also waiting for parcels and it seems the Durban hub is not sending to Witspos Hub:sad:

dstorm
"2/15/2013 12:00:00 AM

I

Initial investigations indicate that the work stoppage is not related to the organisation at all.

Just in South Africa?????

Just Beachin
^^^^

Welcome to the postoffice. ... Your call is important to us, please be patient, your call will be answered.

Whose Granny did that recording?

o

:disgusted:

It actually goes like this, "Yyyourrrrr Ccalllll is immmporrrtttant to ussss", with a slight air leak between the consonant.

Edited by Just Beachin
big fa paux

DIY PRODUCTS

I am in an absolute flat panic about this, its way worse than the last time, I have been buying up stock for the big month end, and now its standing in hubs all around SA with no indication as to when it will move. So effectively... I HAVE NO STOCK TO SELL, meaning I have no income! I am in a catch22 since what happens if I list the stuff and it doesnt get to me in time. I am selling off even my home appliances now just to get some cash in to keep going until I get stock to sell. This country is driving me insane. enough is now really enough, if everyone else wants a handout then I want 1 too.

SUNMASTER

I phoned the Post office tracking service: Post Office Call Center: 0860 111 502

1)The new voice says they are not currently available bla bla bla :huh::mad:

2) It seems like the old lady usually answering is also on strike :grin:

3)Parceltrack is online but items are not moving

Stinkhout

Post Office Strike

There is only to Centre's that strike and that is Tswane and Germiston/Witspos.

Rambeo

Meaning us Gautengers have to leave the district to go post our wares to other provinces. Imagine the buyers when we tell them that postage is XX amount + my individaul travelling to Bloemfontein.. XX amount. I can see them being happy with that. :embarrest: