Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Tesco

lilythepink

Within hours of the news that Tesco's 'all beef hamburgers' contained 30% horse

meat, these quips hit the internet ...

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse.....I guess Tesco just listened.

Anyone want a burger from Tesco? Yay or neigh?

Not entirely sure how Tesco are going to get over this hurdle.

Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger –

so I had a £5 each way bet!

Had some burgers from Tesco for my tea last night.... I still have a bit

between my teeth.

A woman has been taken into hospital after eating horse meat burgers from

Tesco. Her condition is said to be stable.

Tesco are now testing all their vegetarian burgers for traces of unicorn.

I've just checked the Tesco burgers in my freezer...AND THEY'RE OFF.

Tesco now forced to deny presence of zebra in burgers, as shoppers confuse

barcodes for serving suggestions.

Said to the missus, “These Tesco burgers have given me terrible trots”.

To beef or not to beef. That is equestrian.

A cow walks into a bar. Barman says, “Why the long face?”. Cow says

“Illegal ingredients, coming over here stealing our jobs!”

I hear the smaller version of those Tesco burgers make great horse

d'oeuvres.

These Tesco burger jokes are going on a bit. Talk about flogging a dead….

Agggghhh NO! NO NO NO!

And last but not least……

Have you tried Tesco Meat Balls? - They’re the dogs bollocks!!

Edited by lilythepink

MiemsJewels

Suddenly I'm very hungry! Anyone for a horseburger?

JohnBenn

I wonder how many horses I ate in London?:push:

Luckily I think I only had one of those spaghetti bolognaise's - It tasted rubbery.

Rambeo

I want a Horse... radish Burger. Nom Nom.

svw

Luckily I think I only had one of those spaghetti bolognaise's - It tasted rubbery.

I unwittingly ate horse meat once actually tasted okay BUT being a horse lover - did not go down very well once I found out what I had eaten :sick:

lilythepink

Well as far as I know all salami recipes have horsemeat in them!! Who likes salami??

Guest Guest

Freedom's Flight

Its even happening in America...

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18

lilythepink

Well these videos are scary, but what about all the poachers of buck, rhino, etc which are on our doorsteps here in South Africa? Are all the venison cuts in our supermarkets humanely slaughtered?

I understand it is perfectly legal to buy and sell properly slaughtered horse meat in France and Germany.

More questions are being raised than can be answered ...

booksallsizes

Am sad to say that the sauce gets it's name from:

Boulonnais horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(kinda)

(Continental mincey type meat is most likely horse...)

Little Miss Muffet

I had a beef dish for lunch on the waterfront at a chinese resturant recently and I am convinced it was not beef.They are known for using cats and dogs.

British beef has never tasted anything as good as South African beef. Now I know why

Miss Jewels

When I was in Italy in May 2011, I made my son and his rugby mates some spaghetti bolognese. They brought the mince but it looked "different". I prepared it as I would in SA, but still,....something wasn't right. I got the container out of the bin and tried to read the Italian label. What I did find was written esquirian. Eeewwww.....they had to finish the food as I was totally put off. Of course, the Italian guys thought it was very funny as horse is sold freely in Italy and this is how they can afford to eat meat, this being the cheapest. Luckily I survived the 3 weeks on pizza, bread and a variety of sandwiches and cereal amongst others. No meat for 3 weeks....I was too scared of what they would give me! Horse meat has a totally different texture and colour to normal beef or lamb, and it has a very different smell too.

Guest Guest

Poachers, rhino and mankind

Hi Lily

Well these videos are scary, but what about all the poachers of buck, rhino, etc which are on our doorsteps here in South Africa? Are all the venison cuts in our supermarkets humanely slaughtered?

I understand it is perfectly legal to buy and sell properly slaughtered horse meat in France and Germany.

While I was at Kruger National Park in S Africa in 2011 I came across a mother and child rhino that had been slaughtered overnight by poachers... watch from 8min 30sec

.... video of the slaughtered rhino blanketed by hundreds of vultures.

Man, like lion, is a predator, a meat eater ... often if you outlaw something (like eating horse meat) you create an environment where desperate people will go to inhumane lengths to achieve their aims. When it is regulated it tends to become more humane through killing methods etc...

My point in the videos above is that man is the most brutal and unpredictable species on earth - the debate here over Osar Pistorious reflects this fact.

I am currently watching a series of DVDs on early English history - the brutality of the human species can be quite extraordinary.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

lilythepink

I hate to admit it but in the 1980's, until the advent of imported cat pellets I fed our cats on horse meat, as did other breeders of cats. There was a special "horse meat" butchery in Wynberg, Cape Town, and I can recall that when the price went up to R3.50 per kilogram we decided to change over to IAMS and Hills Science Diet.

It was a real labour of love as the horse meat smelled awful and was slimy to work with. I overcame the problem by freezing the meat and then cutting it into small chunks for the cats.

I had a beef dish for lunch on the waterfront at a chinese resturant recently and I am convinced it was not beef.They are known for using cats and dogs.

British beef has never tasted anything as good as South African beef. Now I know why

Are you now suggesting you ate cat or dog at the Chinese restaurant, Pam? Good grief.