Sign in to follow this  
Rambeo

Automatic ratings given to Buyers.

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

This is just a query. Is it possible to setup some type of system to automatically rate all you buyers to receive a standard message when rating them on receipt of an order? Reason I'm asking is that I see many Sellers that give the same rating to just about all their buyers and it is always the same mesage on numerous differnet sell dates.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

It's a bulk rating.

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Macmuffin, Do you mean that still have to manually type in a rating comment, slect the smiley face but select numerous buyers? Or is there some kind of programmming required behind it to do it automatically?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Macmuffin, Do you mean that still have to manually type in a rating comment, slect the smiley face but select numerous buyers? Or is there some kind of programmming required behind it to do it automatically?

Hi there - the sellers will still need to select the smiley face, enter a comment and then select the buyers they want to rate. In those cases the rating will not be very personal and feel automated - like "Good buyer, prompt payment"-type comments.

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

I thought so. Thanks for the help

Pathway    10
Pathway

I find if I have some standard ratings, like for example "Excellent buyer fast payer", the when I start typing in 'ex...' it gives me all the ratings I've done beginning with those letters. So I select a few buyers (not lots, because I don't sell lots), then type in the first letters, retrieve what I want to say, et, voila!!

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

That works. I just thought it weird when a seller has all the same comment. And as Macmuffin says it loses the personal touch, but then again Seller rating is normally before any real personal contact has been made. Or should I say in most cases or else when they are making such mass sales so they don't have the time to have the personal relationship with buyers.

kebs    10
kebs

I'm guilty of doing the same rating for many.. It's just that over the years, I can't think of many other ways to say that a buyer paid immediately / quickly & thank you!

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Thanks Kebs for that. Do you at least give the personal touch for the special customers. And what about new bidders. I remember when I first bought on BoB, I'll never forget how great I felt getting that felling of welcome. This is just my thoughts though.

kebs    10
kebs

I do add a "welcome to bidorbuy" for first time buyers.. & for regulars, there is something a bit different at least thrown in..:smile1: