Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Silly question... but still need the answer!

Cali Craft and Gems

I have definitely been working too much as I cannot even think of the correct name or terminology for the simple item that I require for the shop.

When you enter some stores, there is a door chime thingy that gives either a ding-dong, a buzz, or a tune when the "beam" is broken.

I've done a search on BoB with my limited vocabulary tonight and only came across two identical items (mind you on another note that the listings were identical and from two different sellers in PE!).

Any input or advice would be appreciated... do you think that retailers like Game would stock the right thing? (we're going to Mossel Bay on Sunday so I can pop in at the shops there if need be)

MiemsJewels

You can check under door bell or even door alarm Calli. Hope you will find something.

svw

... "motion sensor door chime" - also try Builders Warehouse they have a pretty good selection of DIY security gadgets...

Rambeo

Miems.. That might just scare her customers away. hahahah. The problem might be the volume or pitch of the siren. Also you have to de- activate it by the remote as quickly as possible to avoid "ALARMING" your customers. Just some thoughts otherwise I guess it might work

Cali Craft and Gems

Thank you for your inputs! The last item is very much like what I'm looking for...

JohnBenn

I thought I would find you a how to make an old one yourself,so it sounds classic and cool when someone opens the door;but this is what I found:bigsmile:.

Classic 'Ding Dong' Doorbell • Minecraft

The easiest other way is to take a bell,add a string to it.And attach the string to the door with a screw.

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks JohnBenn - great idea (the old fashioned bell on door suggestion), but with our store the doors and gates are open permanently so we need something that chimes when the "beam" is broken. This is primarily because hubby will be at the reception / till area and I'll be at the back of the store in the office - I need to know when customers enter the store so I can be on the floor too...

Rambeo

This whole thing reminds me of the Chenmist in the old days that had the red light ( photocell across the door and it would do the ding dong thing. ) and we as kids would try to step over or under it so it did not "dingdong" ..

Pathway

Put one of your cats on the door, and train him or her to meow when someone comes in...

Cali Craft and Gems

@Noldy - I can do one better... I'll get you at the door! :)

(PS. seriously... I'm needing staff for the festival if you're interested!)