Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Something Very Fishy Here. Can This Buyer Be Looked Int Please.

wayjen

We had a small sale just recently and the Buyer had an international address (Belguim). So the item comes off and we message him to say we will get the international shipping price from the post office and get back to him. Yesterday we reply with a Paypal price (International sale) and today the Buyer responds that he wants it in rands as he stays in Greyton SA.

Now firstly there is an international address under this Buyers profile and secondly why did the Buyer not tell us he was local (if he is) because the parcel would have been posted already, something is not right here.

Can Admin please look into this Buyer, I will send info as soon as I get a reply from anyone here on BoB.

gypseygirl

Why would you post the parcel before he has paid you?

wayjen
Why would you post the parcel before he has paid you?

Where did I say it was posted?

voldermort

possible he may be overseas but have family/friends living here - some international buyers do ask for items to be posted to relatives locally

wayjen

I understand that but when the item came off we alerted the Buyer, who has an international address, that we will get back to him with regards postage. You must remember that we go by the address on the page when the item was won which was an international address. The Buyer had at most 4 or so days to alert us that the address was a local one but did not until we had got prices for an international transaction. If the Buyer had someone locally he wanted the item posted to he should have said so on day one. If the Buyer was local he could have said so on day one. If the Buyer was local, why the international postal address? Why no communication from the Buyer after the bid was won and our email regarding international postage was sent via the BoB messaging system?

voldermort
If the Buyer had someone locally he wanted the item posted to he should have said so on day one. If the Buyer was local he could have said so on day one. If the Buyer was local, why the international postal address? Why no communication from the Buyer after the bid was won and our email regarding international postage was sent via the BoB messaging system?

lol I agree Wayne, but as we know some buyers tend to do things their own way.........

wayjen

Petrol went up and the post office has implemented the new system so what took 10 mins to do there now takes an hour and to crown it all someone who is not sure if he is local or international wants to know how much he must pay in SOMEONES currency.

voldermort
Petrol went up and the post office has implemented the new system so what took 10 mins to do there now takes an hour and to crown it all someone who is not sure if he is local or international wants to know how much he must pay in SOMEONES currency.

Plus you do know petrol is going up AGAIN first week of March by 90c, absolutely sickening.....I think I should buy a tuk tuk

wayjen

ok Andries, the Genie In A Bottle, has sorted this matter of concern out for me.

Thank you en dankie.

admin

That Andries, what a guy.....

wayjen
That Andries, what a guy.....

Hy is cooler as ekke!