Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Sales Page is lacking ...

RISadler    10
RISadler

This has been asked before, but totally ignored ...

On the Sales Page (the new one, which we've been using for a while now) it does not show if a buyer is currently bidding on another auction. The old Sales Page does show this info, so implementation of it is/was possible. Jumping between the old and the new is totally unacceptable and browsing through the list of auctions with winning bids to manually correlate and check virtually impossible.

This downgrading of the Sales Page is, in my opinion serious. The developers have had ample time to include it ... again. And it is something we as sellers need!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
This has been asked before, but totally ignored ...

On the Sales Page (the new one, which we've been using for a while now) it does not show if a buyer is currently bidding on another auction. The old Sales Page does show this info, so implementation of it is/was possible. Jumping between the old and the new is totally unacceptable and browsing through the list of auctions with winning bids to manually correlate and check virtually impossible.

This downgrading of the Sales Page is, in my opinion serious. The developers have had ample time to include it ... again. And it is something we as sellers need!

Thanks for this - it's a bug and somehow your feedback never reached us. We will fix it in the next couple of days. The notification is supposed to display under the current message "The buyer has not completed the checkout..."

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, but what if the buyer does indeed "complete checkout" as many do (with or without adding postage & packaging)?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

What I meant is that the message will display below the price of the first item listed - i.e. where we currently display the checkout message. Those messages will show irrespective of the checkout status.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Ah. [padding characters, as intended post is too short]

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi there,

we looked at the display of the possible winning auctions and found that the old sales page has a bug and the new one actually works.

Just some background: The message that a buyer is winning an auction will only show if the auction in question could be combined into the same order. This depends on the sellers' setting of the combining period.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Possibly the change hasn't gone through yet, but don't see anything on my "Sales Page" to this effect.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi there,

the new Sales Page works properly (and since we will decomm the old sales page in a few months, we will not fix any bugs on that).

The new Sales Page will only show auctions if they close within the combining period. In your case, you specified the combining period at 14 days and the order (5th Feb) where you might have a related purchase from the same buyer refers to an auction closing on the 20/02 (outside the 14 days combining period).

We did re-check this functionality this morning again with other sellers and it does display properly, provided that related auctions close within the selected combining period.

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, that makes sense.

Is it then possible to lengthen the "combining period" to 21 days? Reasoning is that it is the same duration as an auction.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
OK, that makes sense.

Is it then possible to lengthen the "combining period" to 21 days? Reasoning is that it is the same duration as an auction.

Do you really want to do this? Combining period: "By default the system will combine multiple auctions won by the same buyer into an order for 7 days before starting a new order." - The period can be adjusted from 1 to 14 days.

Almost all sellers with high sell-throughs have set a combining period less than 7 days - this means that they automatically combine auctions within that period into an order and are able to ship shortly after that.

We think that anything higher than 7 days is already "eCommerce unfriendly" - i.e. buyers are seeking almost immediate gratification and waiting for more than 14 days to ship starts to get problematic. This is the reason why we limited the period to max 14 days and set the default to 7 days. The sooner a seller can ship the better the customer experience will be.

Some sellers notify their buyers - i.e. "Hey there - tks for winning that auction - I can ship the item in the next 24 hours or hold it back if you want to bid on anything else I have to offer" - this sets then a clear expectation with the buyer as well.

RISadler    10
RISadler

I honestly fail to see your side of the argument ...

Two, the "system" allows the individual seller to adjust the "combining orders" period according to their own particular need. Therefore if the seller has a high throughput, then they put it at seven days; if the seller has a low throughput or generally deals with buyers who actually prefer waiting to save on postage (yeah, real Scrooge McDuck-types), then 21 days seems more appropriate.

One, to paraphrase ... "Hey there - tks for [..]" and the response: "Yeah, I see auction so-and-such closed without bidders. I meant to bid on it, but have just done so now that it was relisted. [blah blah blah]"

Three, with regards to "eCommerce unfriendly" ... I don't think it very customer orientated having to inform buyers that all purchases must be finalised (and posted) within 14 days, in compliance with bidorbuy rules, even though the buyer (and seller) are agreeable to waiting until all auctions close (after, for example, 17 days).