Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Oscar Pistorius

svw

One thing for me, that stands out over and above everything. is the fact that she had locked herself in the toilet - the way I see it is that she was upset, wanted to get away from him for whatever reason and tried to put a barrier between herself and him by locking the door - that action alone speaks volumes.

I find the burglar story very hard to believe - premeditated murder, I also find hard to believe - it was not like he had intended to kill her - I do feel that in a 'blind' fit of rage he had become angry about the fact that she had locked herself away - not thinking clearly, decided to shoot the door open with no thought of what the end result could be - for this reason alone it is crucial that he be psychologically evaluated by not just one but a few psychologists...

voldermort
What really "bugs" me is the bullet casing in the toilet! How did it get there? Did he perhaps try to flush it down - was there perhaps others that went down and the one remained? Guilty without a doubt in my mind - and the intruder story just doesn't do it

Intruder story is the biggest load of hogwash, but perhaps his defence felt that would be the best angle seeing as so many people apparently do wake up in the middle of the night having heard a noise & immediately decide to blast all & sundry away without nary a care as to whether all who are supposed to be in their respective beds, indeed are.

Amazing that some of us have survived so long.

Of course shooting at a supposed intruder is far easier than just giving a kick to your partner & waking them up - maybe I'm just an abnormal species but I know when I hear a strange noise in the night the first thing I do is to wake up Dimitri.....definitely not shoot him.

Cannot believe how many people are saying Oscar is just human, he must be inconsolable after the death of Reeva, we all make mistakes....well yes, I too have made a damn barrel full of mistakes, none of which involved leaving a partner dead & than having the cheek to blame it on the crime rate in my country!

Premeditated, by the way, does not have to be planned for weeks beforehand - it can be decided upon a few seconds/minutes before doing the actual deed.

lilythepink

Here's another perspective from a good friend of ours ...

"I have no idea as to the drama being played out between these two souls, Reeva and Oscar and their families and loved ones. I do, however, know that all is in perfect balance, and that the only thing ever out of balance is my own misperception of the world and its events.

I urge all not to get caught up in the media hysteria and diversion, nor allow our judgmental minds to form opinions which at best are limited and uninformed. From our limited linear perception we are just not equipped to make any pronouncement in this matter. Rather let us focus on our own thoughts, words and actions, and be mindful of where we choose to focus them. We have no idea the soul contact between the two of them.

When Mother Theresa was asked to go on a march against war she refused, saying ask her to go on a march for peace and she would be the first one there.

For whatever we put our attention on we give energy to, and we expand.

Who have we harmed with our thoughts and emotions?

Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite*, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly ”

The use of "hypocrite" in this verse is "hupokrites" {hoop-ok-ree-tace'} meaning an actor, stage player, a dissembler, pretender.

“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players” William Shakespeare

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. John 8:7

Sin being ‘to miss the mark’, and who amongst us hasn’t missed the mark?

Our goal on Earth isn’t retribution – its peace. Let ‘s look into our own hearts and see what’s blocking peace from arising there. If we are honest, we will see that it is our very own thoughts, ideas, judgments and beliefs that creates the blockage.

In peace

John"

voldermort
Here's another perspective from a good friend of ours ...

"I have no idea as to the drama being played out between these two souls, Reeva and Oscar and their families and loved ones. I do, however, know that all is in perfect balance, and that the only thing ever out of balance is my own misperception of the world and its events.

I urge all not to get caught up in the media hysteria and diversion, nor allow our judgmental minds to form opinions which at best are limited and uninformed. From our limited linear perception we are just not equipped to make any pronouncement in this matter. Rather let us focus on our own thoughts, words and actions, and be mindful of where we choose to focus them. We have no idea the soul contact between the two of them.

When Mother Theresa was asked to go on a march against war she refused, saying ask her to go on a march for peace and she would be the first one there.

For whatever we put our attention on we give energy to, and we expand.

Who have we harmed with our thoughts and emotions?

Matt 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite*, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly ”

The use of "hypocrite" in this verse is "hupokrites" {hoop-ok-ree-tace'} meaning an actor, stage player, a dissembler, pretender.

“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players” William Shakespeare

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. John 8:7

Sin being ‘to miss the mark’, and who amongst us hasn’t missed the mark?

Our goal on Earth isn’t retribution – its peace. Let ‘s look into our own hearts and see what’s blocking peace from arising there. If we are honest, we will see that it is our very own thoughts, ideas, judgments and beliefs that creates the blockage.

In peace

John"

The man shot his girlfriend four times through his bathroom door. . . what's there to be misinterpreted? What's there to be unsure about? I don't think Reeva believes all is in perfect balance - she's dead, for crying out loud. I think she'd say the scale has been irreversibly tipped. Whatever "soul contact" (hippie, much?) went on between them, it ended Reeva's "earth contact", so it sure as heck wasn't peachy-keen, I can tell you that much.

Whether you're a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Atheist or believe in pie in the sky, you have to acknowledge that there's a reason we were given common sense. We make summations about the world around us all the time based on rationality, logic and good ol' common sense. Otherwise we'd just be sitting on the fence, counting our pile of stones until they cage us and our stationary minds in nothingness.

PS Personally I resent being called a hypocrite. Perfect, I am not, but I've never intentionally killed another person, be it through "soul contact" or any other way. Until I do that, I reserve the right to judge those who do.

PPS peace is being blocked by those people whose mindsets allow them to believe it's OK to kill their girlfriends, who have forgotten - or worse yet, perhaps never knew? - the value of life. I for one am not sharing any part of my peace with them, thank you very much. May they find all the peace they need behind a prison cell.

MrAerospace

You are certainly NOT being called a hypocrite, voldermort! Lily just thought that another person's perspective made interesting reading. She certainly did not mean anyone to be offended by posting John's perspective!

lilythepink

Sorry to voldermort and anyone else who took John's comments personally. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I just thought how different we all are with our perspectives on life so I shared John's perspective with you!

wayjen

thou shalt not kill

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

And my personal favourite penned by my own pen

I shot Reeva

But I didn't shoot intentionally, oh no! Oh!

I shot a burglar

But I didn't shoot intentionally, ooh, ooh, oo-ooh.)

Yeah! All around in my home town,

They're tryin' to track me down;

They say they want to bring me in guilty

For the killing of my bokkie,

For the life of my bokkie.

But I say:

Oh, now, now. Oh!

(I shot Reeva Steenkamp.) - Reeva Steenkamp.

(But I swear it was in selfdefence.)

Oh, no! (Ooh, ooh, oo-oh) Yeah!

I say: I shot Reeva Steenkamp - Oh, Lord! -

(And they say it is a capital offence.)

Yeah! (Ooh, ooh, oo-oh) Yeah!

The general public now hate me,

For what, I don't know:

Every time I make a plea,

they said "oohh eh eh , I don't know" -

they said "oohh eh eh , I don't know".

And so:

Read it in the news:

(I shot Miss Steenkamp.) Oh, Lord!

(But I swear it was in self-defence.)

Where was the burglar? (Oo-oo-oh)

I say: I shot "oohh eh eh , I don't know",

But I swear it was in selfdefence. (Oo-oh) Yeah!

Freedom now taken away

And I can't leave town, yeah!

All of a sudden I saw a starter pistol

Aiming to shoot me down,

So I shot - I shot - I shot him down and I say:

If I am guilty I will pay.

(I shot miss Steenkamp,)

But I say (But I didn't shoot her intentionally),

I didn't shoot her intentionally (oh, no-oh), oh no!

(I shot Miss Steenkamp.) I did!

But I didn't shoot her intentionally. Oh! (Oo-oo-ooh)

Reflexes had got the better of me

And what is to be must be:

Every day the bucket a-go a well,

One day the bottom a-go drop out,

One day the bottom a-go drop out.

I say:

I - I - I - I shot Miss Steenkamp.

Lord, I didn't shot her intentionally. Yeah!

I - I (shot the Miss Steenkamp) -

But I didn't shoot her intentionally, yeah! No, yeah!

Edited by wayjen

lilythepink

What's the tune, Wayne, so we can sing along ...! :smile:

wayjen
What's the tune, Wayne, so we can sing along ...! :smile:

Bob Marley and the tune is I shot the sheriff.

booksallsizes

Wayne - there's genius in you :smile: The words work perfectly with the tune and now the darn song is in my head! Make that 'there's evil genius in you'...

Whatever way you look at it, intruder, no intruder, premeditated, unpremeditated: the man is as culpable as anything. Trigger happy, blasting away unthinkingly (or thinkingly) and (insert many more libellous adjectives here) have all have added up to one dead girl. And he has to be held accountable.

(Oooh-ooh-oh) (thanks Wayne)

wayjen
Wayne - there's genius in you :smile: The words work perfectly with the tune and now the darn song is in my head! Make that 'there's evil genius in you'...

Whatever way you look at it, intruder, no intruder, premeditated, unpremeditated: the man is as culpable as anything. Trigger happy, blasting away unthinkingly (or thinkingly) and (insert many more libellous adjectives here) have all have added up to one dead girl. And he has to be held accountable.

(Oooh-ooh-oh) (thanks Wayne)

:blink1:

Jongleur
Bob Marley and the tune is I shot the sheriff.

Eric Clapton sang this song ?

wayjen
Eric Clapton sang this song ?

It is a Bob Marley song covered by Clapton.

Jongleur
It is a Bob Marley song covered by Clapton.

Thought it was Clapton. Did Marley ever record it ?

wayjen

yip, that and many others.

amcintyre

Thought someone might appreciate this?

"Pastor" Manning is a strange man indeed. Some of his sermon rantings are so bizarre that they are funny!

svw

Released in 1973 by Bob Marley and the Wailers from the album Burnin' - Clapton released his version a year later.- love both versions !

svw
allow them to believe it's OK to kill their girlfriends,/QUOTE]

I had one of my staff a few years back shoot her boyfriend before shooting herself - fortunately he survived, she didn't. I also personally know of a male who used to be abused by his girlfriend, yes it does happen but most guys in this situation prefer to remain silent So to generalize and say that it is only women who get beaten up or shot and killed by their boyfriends is questionable...

voldermort
allow them to believe it's OK to kill their girlfriends,/QUOTE]

I had one of my staff a few years back shoot her boyfriend before shooting herself - fortunately he survived, she didn't. I also personally know of a male who used to be abused by his girlfriend, yes it does happen but most guys in this situation prefer to remain silent So to generalize and say that it is only women who get beaten up or shot and killed by their boyfriends is questionable...

figure of speech, svw, I suppose I could have typed in girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, lover, child, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather but I think most folks got the general idea

Edited by voldermort
forgot to add mother, father, grandmother, grandfather..........

svw

figure of speech, svw, I suppose I could have typed in girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, lover, child, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather but I think most folks got the general idea

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:... you forgot about sister, brother, aunty, uncle, niece, nephew...

lilythepink

And here is another interesting perspective ...

If Oscar Pistorius is telling the truth about Reeva Steenkamp, he's a dangerous killer. - Slate Magazine

The magistrate who granted Pistorius bail calls these anomalies in his story “improbabilities that need to be explored.” But they’re improbable only if you assume Pistorius is a normal person. If you assume he’s paranoid, violent, and reckless, his version of events begins to make sense.

wayjen

There is talk of him being a Narcissist.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

The saddest part is that two lives have been tragically destroyed,one death and the other a living death and worst of all is the incompetence of the sa police will in all pobability ensure that justice is not done in this case and the truth will never be known.

Neil