Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Oscar Pistorius

rezizter

Really terrible news.

wayjen

I see some headlines say he is not getting preferential treatment yet last night a reported outside the police station says that a police person told then that it is not the norm that family members can walk in and out of a jail cell bringing in pillows and blankets and that Oscar was ferried back and forth from jail to court in the back seat of a car and not in a van like other prisoners would be.

voldermort
I see some headlines say he is not getting preferential treatment yet last night a reported outside the police station says that a police person told then that it is not the norm that family members can walk in and out of a jail cell bringing in pillows and blankets and that Oscar was ferried back and forth from jail to court in the back seat of a car and not in a van like other prisoners would be.

As I said a few pages back already 4 shots is an overkill of an intended target and not an accident.......imho one shot is an accident (which, seeing as the State is going for a murder charge seems to confirm this).

Unfortunately there are still so many star struck fans out there who feel they know him so well (after watching him run around a field for a few minutes now & again, indeed this makes them very tight with him) that he is sure to receive preferential treatment.

Amazing really when one considers that only last week with the rape & murder of Anene Booysens the whole country was up in arms calling for the death penalty to be reinstated & yet now that a well known figure has killed somebody,(who apparently, all & sundry seem to know the character of so well) we hear the cry of "innocent until proven guilty".

Two people in the house, no signs of forced entry, police called earlier to investigate arguments, one person dead after been shot four times.........yip, sounds like a clear case of suicide to me.

Jongleur

An absolute tragedy.

Reading these and other forum posts and social media comments the anger and frustration expressed by women is evidence

enough of the very real fear in their lives of being abused or already having experienced abuse.

Compelling arguments abound when the subject of guns comes up. I always think of

the following reference:

" When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." ( Luke 11:21)

People are not possessions but the interpretation is clear - a man must protect what is entrusted

to him to protect.

George Orwell sums it up thus:

" People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

The women of this country, I fear, desperately need the men to give them the assurance that we will keep them safe.

Rambeo

How about the news in the uk, but I've seen no such local report. hmmm. sounds like sensationalism.

Was Steenkamp's skull crushed with bloodied cricket bat 'found' at Pistorius's house? Horrific new claims about model's shocking death on Valentine's Day

Read more: Oscar Pistorius may have beaten Reeva Steenkamp with a cricket bat before shooting her | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

MiemsJewels
How about the news in the uk, but I've seen no such local report. hmmm. sounds like sensationalism.

Was Steenkamp's skull crushed with bloodied cricket bat 'found' at Pistorius's house? Horrific new claims about model's shocking death on Valentine's Day

Read more: Oscar Pistorius may have beaten Reeva Steenkamp with a cricket bat before shooting her | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good heavens, the man must have lost his mind completely! Poor, poor Reeva. Was this vicious attack really neccesary.

wayjen

If any of these stories are to be believed, then the boy is positively psycho!

lilythepink

Listening to the news on ecna this afternoon, it does not appear that a cricket bat was involved in the murder but that blood got onto it (as it did in many other areas) when Oscar was carrying Reeva's body from the bathroom. There is also talk that first there were 3 shots and, not long after, another 3 shots. Was Reeva actually behind the closed bathroom door when she was killed or was it made to look like that?

Agatha Christie - pity you aren't still around to work out who dunnit!

Jongleur
Ok so if there are any records of these 2 calls to the police and that the neighbours heard shouting and screaming on the first call out then shouting and gun shots at the second call out then Oscar lied about there being a burglar. Let's see if there are police records for that time. Let's see if any calls were made from his cellphone after the incident. Let's see if these neighbours are called as witnesses against him and those ex girlfriends/friends who were abused by him before and then let this incident happen. Let's see if he sticks with his burglar story?

I also see that he is getting preferential treatment in jail so once again a celebrity with money is above the law.

Who can ever forget the OJ Simpson trial for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman in 1994.

He got off but was then found guilty of wrongful death in 1997 in a civil court where he was ordered to pay some

30 million dollars.

Seeds for Africa

Reading the various reports in the media I have read that she was shot 2,3,4,5,6 times. Its all pure speculation based on nothing that has been officially released. I am not defending the guy or assuming he is innocent or guilty, but at this stage he is being totally tried in the media on hearsay!Even forum members in this thread have made up their minds and found him guilty!

Having said that if any of the "speculation" is true it doesnt look good for him but let him have his day in court!

MiemsJewels
Reading the various reports in the media I have read that she was shot 2,3,4,5,6 times. Its all pure speculation based on nothing that has been officially released. I am not defending the guy or assuming he is innocent or guilty, but at this stage he is being totally tried in the media on hearsay!Even forum members in this thread have made up their minds and found him guilty!

Having said that if any of the "speculation" is true it doesnt look good for him but let him have his day in court!

I'ts a strange strange world we live in!

No we don't think he is guilty. After all he only screamed " I killed my Baba". I'm sure it must have been a terrible accident.

Miss Jewels

I think most of SA, and even the world, will be tuned in tomorrow and Wednesday hoping to hear what really happened. I don't believe he's been "tried" on the forum, I think it's just that it's in peoples' nature to wonder and speculate, and following the various news articles does not make it any easier. Having said that, who are we to judge? Let's follow the case and wait for the verdit.

voldermort

posting this link not merely for the Oscar Pistorius angle but also to find out how many South Africans have "rape" doors or have even heard of one, how many have submarine doors gracing their front entrance, anybody here with killer garage doors or 90 second access to the SWAT team, anybody ever heard another South African say "you are breaching my perimeter" - although this article has surely breached all of mine

Oscar Pistorius will likely get off because fear animates much of South African lives: Kelly | Toronto Star

lilythepink

The more we hear of events unfolding in this bail application, the more I have sympathy for Oscar although I certainly do not entertain any thoughts that he will be found innocent of murder. What has happened is a double tragedy in that two young people with promising lives ahead of them have been removed from life as they knew it. Reeva's death should never have happened and I do not believe for one minute that Oscar pre-meditated it or that he realised that the "intruder" in his bathroom was Reeva.

I do not believe Oscar took enough care before firing through the bathroom door. My instinct (and my husband's) would have been to first check that our sleeping partner was safe before even picking up a gun and going to face an intruder. An intruder could have forced a sleeping partner into the bathroom! A second precaution would have been to press the panic button.

A calm person might then try to get through to phone 10111 so the police could be on their way. People who do not live in SA do not realise that the 10111 can take up to half an hour to be answered (if it is answered at all). It then takes another 15 minutes to explain the situation to someone who doesn't speak English or Afrikaans very well. Then it can take another few hours (even up to a day) before the police respond. This, sadly, is the reality of our lives in South Africa. So, if Oscar was terrified he may not have chosen this unpredictable method` of getting help before shooting through the bathroom door.

Spending a holiday in South Africa is all very well; criticizing the extreme methods of protecting oneself with security gates inside the home is not helpful at all. In our bigger cities crime is a very real experience which most South Africans have experienced in one form or another.

When one is feeling panic and/or threatened in one's own home, unpredictable things can happen. Perhaps the journalist who wrote the article referred to above has little real understanding of the crime with which all South Africans are faced on a daily basis. (I live in a small city but in our city centre there is an area where on two occasions I have had to face someone trying to rip my handbag (purse) off my shoulder. Others are challenged when they are parking their cars and even more experience being unable to lock their cars because of handheld devices which thieves now use to block a vehicle's locking system.) I could go on ad nauseum about the daily threats we have to contend with.

I believe the charge of pre-meditated murder is ridiculous in the circumstances surrounding this particular case! And the only reason I can think of denying Oscar bail is that he might be so traumatised by what has happened, i.e. he killed the woman he loved, that he may harm himself!

Edited by lilythepink

Cali Craft and Gems
I believe the charge of pre-meditated murder is ridiculous in the circumstances surrounding this particular case! And the only reason I can think of denying Oscar bail is that he might be so traumatised by what has happened, i.e. he killed the woman he loved, that he may harm himself!

I agree with you wholeheartedly... and to top things off, he could not even attend her service. If anything, this would have lasting effects on him psychologically above all else. Besides the tragedy of this "accident", I can only imagine that not being able to say goodbye to your loved one is one of the worst things to have to endure - mentally and emotionally!

The truth will come out no matter what it is, but at the end of the day Oscar is still a human like the rest of us... we all have feelings!

Seeds for Africa
posting this link not merely for the Oscar Pistorius angle but also to find out how many South Africans have "rape" doors or have even heard of one, how many have submarine doors gracing their front entrance, anybody here with killer garage doors or 90 second access to the SWAT team, anybody ever heard another South African say "you are breaching my perimeter" - although this article has surely breached all of mine

Oscar Pistorius will likely get off because fear animates much of South African lives: Kelly | Toronto Star

I wonder if this journalist was even in South Africa for the 6 weeks they claim...... how bizzare!

Miss Jewels

Live bail hearing today :

kyle2

I am no expert when it comes to this type of thing, but do believe that no-one in their 'right mind' would have fired 4 shots into a bathroom with the door closed, for any reason, unless there was an obvious threat like someone firing at you from the bathroom or running at you with a knife or perhaps if you were impaired by drugs or alcohol.

Oscar has let down millions of people who considered him a hero for overcoming his disability and achieving what he did in the sports world, this man is South Africa's very own "OJ Simpson".

Most people are forgetting the fact that someone died for no real reason whatsoever.:unsure:

JohnBenn

Now that I've heard the real story and not more speculation. I can comment again:biggrin:. (Good grief that Judge had no end - thank you very much for the history lesson going back to Skiet 'n kat in 1865.)

I believe now that he's guilty, for he's alibi is filled with holes. And I say this not because of the amount of bullets fired,but because of other things that don't add up.

Especially the fact that Reeva locked herself in the toilet, to relieve herself at that time of night. None of the girlfriends I've had, had ever locked themselves in the toilet, after a couple of months they would actually leave to door open, and I would laugh at their little farts. And I would get hit on the arm when I made a mention of it.

Jongleur

Never thought of that.

Edited by Jongleur

lilythepink

Yes, having listened to the progress of facts (not fiction) thus far, I think Oscar is going to be found guilty of culpable homicide/manslaughter. I still do not believe he is guilty of murder, let alone pre-meditated murder.

Who of us in South Africa have ever wakened from a deep sleep at around 3 a.m. and got up to check on a noise of some kind or another? And add a half-asleep state to an intensely neurotic/anxious person's make up, I believe Oscar really did think there was an intruder in his toilet.

No doubt the SAPS/NPA will be interviewing his previous girlfriends to see if there was any verbal or physical abuse experienced by any of them. If something like that is proven, then I may change my mind about the murder vs culpable homicide judgment!

catzcan

What really "bugs" me is the bullet casing in the toilet! How did it get there? Did he perhaps try to flush it down - was there perhaps others that went down and the one remained? Guilty without a doubt in my mind - and the intruder story just doesn't do it

wayjen

A bullet casing was mentioned in the passage or something during the bail hearing but what i think people are not understanding is that whilst Oscar did shoot through the door when he ran/walked up and down between bathroom and bedroom and when he carried the body downstairs he could have kicked the casings around the room so a casing somewhere other then in the bathroom is quite possible.