Sign in to follow this  
Colin_P

Contacting Sellers

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

I'm currently looking for a couple of things that aren't all that common, but whose descriptions include common words and are therefore difficult to save searches for due to the number of false hits I get when I am searching.

I have managed to find old listings for both the items I am looking for, and both closed with no winners. I'd like to contact the sellers to ask them to re-list those items (assuming they still have them), but there seems to be no way to contact a seller to ask, other than to post a question on current listing of theirs, which I feel is wrong as it just clutters up their other listing with irrelevant stuff.

Is there another way for me to contact the sellers concerned?

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

You can send an inquiry via Q&A on an open auction. I have had Buyers do just that... inquire about an auction that has closed. I reply and delete the question a couple of days later. That way, it doesn't show up on the open listing. OR... check to see if they are a Forum Member. If so, send a PM.

Ruthie

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

So basically the answer is that you can't. I suppose there is some paranoia about making a deal off-site.

Do the usernames on the forum always correspond to the usernames on BoB? I know you have to log in seperately, so is there a system in place to ensure that the same username is used? The answer to that was probably apparent when I registered, but that was years ago...

qball    11
qball

Please send an email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za with the seller's username and the item ID if you have it, we can then contact the seller on your behalf.

The username on bidorbuy is also linked to your username on the forum.

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

Thanks, I'll do that.