Sign in to follow this  
rooivlinder

problems with buyers

rooivlinder

Hi there. I just want to find out, is any of my fellow sellers also having a problem with fraudulent buyers that keeps on trying to make purchases with hot cards and such? Do you have a lot of SNC's?

Miss Jewels

Welcome to the forum rooivlinder!

Yes, I have had 3 purchases the past week for high priced items and all 3 tried to pay by credit card. 2 have already been blacklisted (although first time buyers) due to them being fraudulent, and I have another pending.

BoB is looking into the latest transaction and awaiting buyers' ID

It's always best to call the helpline for assistance before accepting the credit card payment. Always check the buyers' ratings and never just accept a credit card payment. BoB eft is the safest way especially if its a buyer with little or no ratings, and if its a high priced item.

Fashion Police

I've had 6 orders from 7-20 Jan with values ranging around R900-odd per order - new users, different user accounts, similar postal/delivery addresses (always the same area) and they only make use Gmail & Yahoo email accounts. Of course all blacklisted; BoB's security is way too quick for them, but they don't give up that easily. As soon as the one account is blacklisted, they're back with another account. I've linked these orders / users to another similar incident I had last year April. It seems they're here to stay, so one just has to be very careful and follow your instincts when you smell something fishy

RAG Auctioneers

Have been accepting credit cards for the last 4 years - no problems or surprises.

rooivlinder

Oh wow! I didn't realize it was such a huge problem. I think it might be because I'm fairly new to BOB. I really want to make a success of my BOB shop but I got a bit discouraged :-) but after hearing from you guys I feel a bit better. :-)

JANDS

Fly Vlindertjie fly.....let common sense and support here lift your wings.

FORUMDUDE

I am a professional SNC filer by heart..... but sometimes I do sell stuff.

I have 1000 of customers! Filed neatly under my "Block List"