Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

POST OFFICE dilemma

Vegar    10
Vegar

I recently found myself in a curious spot at the post office. I had received a package from the USA. It had been opened by customs and not sealed properly. I had a bad feeling about it and wanted to check the contents against my receipt.

The post office person would not allow me to check the contents without signing the slip that says I have received (and taken possession of the goods).

If I sign the slip then I cannot refuse the package. If I check the contents and find a problem then I am stuck with it.

Seriously??

Does anyone know how one works this one out?

wayjen    10
wayjen

Interesting!!

Every now and then you hear a story from the post office that puts a person in a catch-22 situation and this sounds like one of them.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I wonder if there is a Post Office ombudsman?

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Sounds like nonsense.Just say - you want to speak to the manager and explain about the parcel.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Something fishy at your post office Vegar. The post office clerks MUST assist you with this. If I receive something in the post and the parcel has been tampered with, the P.O clerk advice me to open it first to check the contents.

Edited by MiemsJewels
spelling

moodTime    10
moodTime

Yes get the post office clerk to unpack the parcel in front of you in order to verify the contents.

Edited by moodTime