Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Help needed with a plant

Miss Jewels

A friend of mine saw this plant and she would like to know what the name is.

Is there anyone one the forum who has knowledge of plants/shrubs or such who would be able to assist please.

Someone said it could be a "pynappel bosor skoenlapperbos", but she says google does not show anything like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4458[/ATTACH]

MrAerospace

Now lily has got me paging through our gardening books - a happier distraction today ...

This is what the pineapple lily looks like (the flowers seem slightly different to the picture posted by Miss Jewels):

flower.jpg.d9bfe66db3297f7957731e1347886fca.jpg

And here is another (pineapple flower) which looks like it could be the answer to Miss Jewels question:

58f5a74686db4_flower001.jpg.d7cdab313645594c0b7ecbbd7c19926f.jpg

Edited by MrAerospace

RNK01

I'm no expert, google BROMELIACEAE it looks like it could be this species.

svw

It is a Eucomis "Pineapple Lily" - although it is classified as a succulent it has tropical looking leaves. There are 10 species from South Africa but quite a few hybrids have been propogated.

Just checked in my book - looking at the colours of the flower it looks like it could be one of the hybrids "Eucomis Comosa - Chocholatice" - yummy name! I have a few growing in my garden but mine are more purple / pink also a hybrid "Tugela Ruby"

Edited by svw

Miss Jewels

Thank you very much! Going to give the info to my friend right now.!:angel:

Now lily has got me paging through our gardening books - a happier distraction today ...

This is what the pineapple lily looks like (the flowers seem slightly different to the picture posted by Miss Jewels):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4459[/ATTACH]

And here is another (pineapple flower) which looks like it could be the answer to Miss Jewels question:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4460[/ATTACH]

Miss Jewels

Thank you all for your valued imput. I've forwarded the info onto my friend....I'm sure she's going to be one very happy lady in a few minutes!:cheesy: