Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Blocking buyers

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

This has been discussed before but really it is so irritating.

When you file an snc against a buyer you SHOULD BE ABLE TO BLOCK THAT BUYER IMMEDIATELY AND NOT WAIT SEVEN DAYS!!!

I have minimal snc,a nothing percentage but when i do have one its normally the worst type.

After filing snc for no payment buyer of course appeals and then goes on massive buying spree next few days and still no payment on any of the purchases.

From my experience if i file snc that buyer normally does not pay and i dont want to do further business with him anyway.

I sell 100,s of items weekly and on crazy wed so i cannot check each listing to see the bids and then delete the delinquent buyer .

WE as sellers should be able to block the buyer immediately on filing snc and bob can then lift the block if the snc is retracted or leave the block if snc is not retracted .

Just my opinion but i think a pertinent one from a sellers point of view.!!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I agree 100%. My terms are surely my terms? Payment within 5 days or item relisted....the filing of the SNC is purely a formality to me. I relist the item when I file the SNC and inform the client the item is no longer available.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I also made a similar suggestion about a week ago on the suggestions page and had no response at all.

It is very frustrating to not be able to block a buyer who you know will not pay.

I also don't want buyers to pay once I file an SNC as by that time I have sent at least three - four emails about the order with no response and no payment.

At least 2 - 3 weeks has passed by that time too.

In my SNC I do state that payment will not be accepted any longer as I don't want to deal with delinquent buyers.

Despite this, some buyers will still try and force me to accept payment which then just leads to a refund as I refuse to withdraw the SNC, especially if the buyer pays without even bothering to communicate at all.

If we could block the buyer from the time of the SNC, it would help to prevent the buyer from trying to force a payment and prevent the buyer from playing games with the seller's listings.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree with Tananka's comments above. Buyers who try to force their hand with me are now just getting negative ratings, I am not filing SNCs - and if they still pay with the negative rating the money is returned to them and the rating stays. I have one particular buyer who does this to me time and time again.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

As far as I know , blocking a buyer is against the CPA , and can be appealed its just one of those things that happens when trading online , to call a buyer delinquent opens yourself up to a Libel claim and could see you in court .

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
As far as I know , blocking a buyer is against the CPA , and can be appealed its just one of those things that happens when trading online , to call a buyer delinquent opens yourself up to a Libel claim and could see you in court .

I have never named anyone delinquent specifically (no names are mentioned anywhere) other than discussing non-paying buyers in this thread.

I am always careful to be professional when dealing with buyers, its a pity that some of them can't extend the same courtesy to sellers.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

No names are mentioned so no case at all.but there are thousands of potential cases just by looking at the ratings comments so i wonder why no smart lawyer has not yet made his fortune here??

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

My understanding of a "delinquent buyer" would be a buyer that fails to meet their financial obligations ie : they have purchased something and they have not honored the terms of the agreement (by making the payment within the sellers stipulated terms) which is formed when they make that purchase ie they have not paid. I may be wrong but calling that buyer delinquent is not libelous unless its not true!

Is it also against the CPA to have a "right of admission reserved" policy because I dont see that blocking a buyer is anything different then that?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
My understanding of a "delinquent buyer" would be a buyer that fails to meet their financial obligations ie : they have purchased something and they have not honored the terms of the agreement (by making the payment within the sellers stipulated terms) which is formed when they make that purchase ie they have not paid. I may be wrong but calling that buyer delinquent is not libelous unless its not true!

Is it also against the CPA to have a "right of admission reserved" policy because I dont see that blocking a buyer is anything different then that?

This is exactly what I meant.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

I think some of the buyers would think being called "delinquent" is a compliment??

bok2004    10
bok2004

Strange!! i have a buyer that bought stuff last year and did not even completed the checkout, high, 100% rating!! he already gave me a good rating for selling it to him and i am still waiting, he is active and sell here on BOB two, I know i could have filled a SNC loooooong ago but will it help?? dont think so!! " O i am sooo sorry i forgot" and BOB will reverse the SNC!!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Unfortunately, its too late to file an SNC now, you only have two months from the time of sale to do it.