Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

USPS Raises Rates.... Again!

Not1CentMore

Just a 'heads-up' for Sellers who import to SA from the USA, USPS has increased the cost to ship... again. On smaller parcels (USPS 1st Class Int'l), the cost has nearly doubled.

Global Priority has been 'scrubbed' and 'replaced' with Priority... less service - higher cost.

You may want to check with your suppliers, if using USPS, to see if / how the new rates will impact your costs.

UPS/FedEx/DHL costs have also increased, but I do not have the 'skinny' on how much.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen

Start your own shipping company Ruthie call it FEDUP!

Not1CentMore

Imma tellin' ya, Wayne, it is.... well, enough to make one 'Barney Barf-Up'. I was NOT expecting 5-parcels, that last week would have been right at $200.00USD to cost $255.58USD to post!

An itty bitty #000 padded envelope that WAS $3.50USD is now $7.00USD!

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!

Ruthie

wayjen

Ruthie, one of these days we will have to come collect from you.

The problem we are going to find here is that international Buyers are going to complain about shipping costs from South Africa to international destinations. Our rand to the dollar is going up and down like a roller coaster ride and it's really a problem when you have to ship internationally or just to quote someone. A few days ago it was like R8.55 to $1.00 now it's over R9.00 to $1.00 and tomorrow it can be anything.

Not1CentMore

Yeppers.... just 'dumped' all listings; most with Free Shipping. Parcels that DID cost (for example) $6.50USD to ship are now $12.15USD. (sigh) Well, at least now I have an excuse for NOT cleaning house, doing laundry, cooking, etc..... listings needed a 'face lift'.

Samantha (Bewitched) had it right... wiggle, wiggle / twitch, twitch. Here one second and in Buyer's hand the next.

Ruthie