Sign in to follow this  
DIY PRODUCTS

FYI - Awaiting Response.

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

Usually I just eat it up and grumble under my teeth, but today not so much. Here is a copy of an email I have just sent to a seller that I wish to purchase (Buy Nows) items from. I will update the response as it is received (Note shipping is SAPO econno)

Hi there,

I want to order

15 x Mp3s

27 x Stun guns

4 x Telescopic Batons

1 x CCTV Camera

Total Order comes to R 1280, but the shipping is R 960 (a bit excessive)

Is this the best you can offer me?

Regards,

DIY PRODUCTS

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

and there you have it....

Hi there DIY Products.

I actually sell most of the products at below cost.

The only little I make is on shipping so as much as I'd love to I can't discount anything further.

Regards

Vanessa.Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

voldermort    10
voldermort

My word...are these items coming from overseas?

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS
My word...are these items coming from overseas?

Nope, from JHB, I estimate the SAPO cost to be around R 54....

voldermort    10
voldermort
Nope, from JHB, I estimate the SAPO cost to be around R 54....

That is absolutely ridiculous :shock: whether you buy the items or not I would suggest you give BoB a call regarding this as shipping of almost R1000 via SAPO for national postage is just bloody mind boggling :disgusted:

Nozy Dragonfly    10
Nozy Dragonfly

Now let's see. I did some maths...

DIY charges R59,00 for the first item, and R12, 00 each additional item.

DIY wants to purchase 47 items.

DIY will sell 47 items and post them to individuals at R2773,00. (R59,00 each.)

It will cost DIY R958 to post these 47 items. (R20,40 each.)

It seems that you will get your money back.

Like they say, rather buy somewhere else if you are not happy with the price quoted!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
and there you have it....

Hi there DIY Products.

I actually sell most of the products at below cost.

The only little I make is on shipping so as much as I'd love to I can't discount anything further.

Regards

Vanessa.Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

It is illegal (and against BoB rules) to make anything out of shipping!

Or have things changed?

voldermort    10
voldermort

Excessive shipping by any seller should be carefully looked into by BoB - it is not a case of A charges so much for postage therefore I shall charge xx amount for postage, which is still excessive but less than A's postage. Most everybody here on the forum & on BoB knows that shipping under 1kg via SAPO local postage is +- R25.00, 1 - 2 kg is R35.00 etc etc and coming up with amounts near to R1000 is just shocking.

There is no reason that I can think of to justify this amount - easy to say if you don't like it move along, however sellers who are charging such exorbitant shipping charges are certainly doing no favours either to BoB or to other sellers who charge normal postage rates.

What on earth will a buyer think when & if he does pay R1000 postage & receives his parcel only to find the grand total for postage was a measly R60?

If indeed a seller charges per first item & extra for each additional item & a buyer wants to purchase many items - should reason not prevail & if all items can fit in one parcel should this not be done?

At the end of the day the seller will most probably send them all in one parcel anyway.....I can only imagine the poor buyer's face when they see how ripped off they have been with shipping - and that is then one customer less for BoB & for other sellers, not to mention the family and friends he will inform about this.

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Hear Hear, To this . I had same query with bid or buy customer services. Seller states " Postage is SA National Postage: NORMAL COUNTER TO COUNTER R55.00 on first item, R50.00 each additional item."

I ask him "How do you warrant extra R50 per item for combined shipping on small items? "

The answer is: Hi! Please see shipping cost. Regards ( sounds like he is trying to avoid the awkwardness. )

It would have been so much easier to have said. " WE do not combine shipping. "

But strangley there are bnumerous sellers that follow this practice. So much for not making a profit on shipping.

alloway65    10
alloway65
It is illegal (and against BoB rules) to make anything out of shipping!

Or have things changed?

Nope..................but I wonder if BoB ever takes any action against sellers who have excessive shipping charges...if so it would interesting to hear the outcome.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Two of my first buys on Bob was from a dearly loved USA seller...........being a newbie I was somewhat green buying on the internet.....I bought two watch and pen sets for R1 each.......a bargain I thought......from memory shipping was about R560.00!

I have never used the items they are still at the back of a cupboard in my office....somewhere.

Now I have Grandchildren I know what to do with them if and when I locate them.

We all live and learn......hopefully!!!

I now nearly always read the shipping terms carefully..........except last week I forgot and did not read the terms too carefully!!!!