Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Buyer appeals and no right of reply?

wayjen    10
wayjen

We sold an item on about the 21 January and the Buyer went and paid immediately. Now in the perfect world this is fantastic however the Buyer paid what he felt was correct according to our shipping and payment tab and did not wait for our email with regards payment which we always send out via BoB to the Buyer. The Buyer paid his amount at 17:15 and our email with the amount was sent out at 18:25 the same afternoon. We waited for the correct amount to be paid and it was not forthcoming so we filed an SNC. The Buyer phones me today to ask what this is about so I tell him it is because he failed to pay what we asked for and cannot ship the item without full payment. He tells me he never got the email although it was sent via the site. He asks if I have his number and why did I not call him, I told him we do not call and we use email via BoB so there is a paper trail. I explain that Buyers fail to read emails and make up payments as they like and he would have known he short paid if he read his email. He told me more then once that he has a pure 100% record on the site and is no skelm and then says I am rude and he will go to BoB. I told him he is welcome to do that and the SNC is for us to recuperate our money and he will be refunded and I never once insinuated that he was a skelm.

Well, he appeals the SNC stating WE have suddenly upped the shipping costs from R25.00 to R38.00 and he will not be paying this. I can only assume that HE is insinuating that we are the skelms now but we have no way to appeal his right to appeal because of his lies and at no stage did we change the postage price and BoB can mostly like see this in the emails sent to the Buyer on the 21 January.

What now?

The picture measures 40cm long x 29,5cm wide and is thin and has yet to have packaging surrounding it but Buyer considers it a small parcel.

Edited by wayjen

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Deep breaths, Wayne, and just refund and report to CW! Then relist.

wayjen    10
wayjen

That's the plan Janet, but the Buyer is making out that we changed shipping costs when it he has the original message from us via BoB on how much the postage will be.

I have dealt with a few Buyers who think they can toss around their 100% rating and do as they please and I am not falling for that joke.

kebs    10
kebs

I've had similar things happen.. I simply email BoB, quoting the SNC / order number & give my side. They forward it to the relevant person. Has always worked in the past for me..

wayjen    10
wayjen

thanks for reminding me about this thread kebs, the Buyers appeal was rejected anyway so we will refund him his money and he can be on his way.