Sign in to follow this  
spektrum1

Please help. Overseas Blackberry phones with a problem

spektrum1    10
spektrum1

I have bought quite a few Blackberry phones from MrFrog (China) for my shop. These phones are supposedly unlocked and open to all South African networks. However, they are unable to send network requests (e.g. requesting airtime balance, loading of airtime, or a "please call me"). An automated network voice replies that an incorrect number has been dialled. I contacted MrFrog, but their response shows that they do not really understand the problem. A local cell phone repair shop diagnosed it as "a typical overseas phone".

Any suggestions ?

kingsonline    10
kingsonline

Buy from south african sellers be safe with overseas sellers returning is an issue plus you pay for shipping more then the item really is worth

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Most Overseas grey import phones are not icasa approved for a reason and the networks dont usually support them , buy local content and smile .Unlocked only means that it can use various simcards , in other countries phones are locked to certain networks like Verizon and Orange , and they are also designed to only use there setup , unlocking is basically hacking a phone , throw them away and buy from MTN or other SA provider outlets , the same goes for the majority of tablets imported illegally and sold without approvals from ICASA , and yes all communication equipment in SA need ICASA approval , to be able to be used on the network , this also covers all Two Way Radios of which there are millions for sale across various platforms in SA and yes 98% are illegal and can get you a huge fine if caught with one at a roadblock etc .All two way radios with an output of more than 1/2 watt are illegal without the operating users liscence , and then you can only operate on the frequency issued to you .So bewary of what you buy online , you can buy it but cant allways use it .

Edited by mrmouse