Sign in to follow this  
d_ronne

Help - Possible Miitary items and "mess dress" miniture medals

d_ronne

Hi can anybody help and tell me if the badge with the horse is a military badge and if so, which army and which division.

Are the photographs of the pair of cuff links military mess dress cuff links and if so which army / and division.

The two military medals I believe stem from Rhodesia - can anyone give me any information on them?

Lastly have these items any value as collectors pieces.

The horse badge. The cufflinks

438110_130126154819_100_5488.jpg438110_130126154722_100_5490.jpg

The minature medals.

438110_130126154942_100_5497.jpg438110_130126155046_100_5498.jpg

JohnBenn

The first is a Technical services corps badge.

I can't find the cufflinks.

The medals will depend on the rank of the officer on their rims, but the miniature medals do not have names on them where as the larger sizes do.

Anything is valuable/collectable to someone,depending on condition = more value.

d_ronne

Hi John thanks for the feedback. These items in my opinion, are in great condition. Is it possible to give me an idea of what you may think there value may be. Once again thanks. Dan

Edited by d_ronne

GPOEL

The Horse is a pre-1973 hat/beret badge of the South-African Army Technical Service Corps: current market value : about R90.00

The 2 medals are Rhodesian: The left hand one is a General Service medal. The Right hand one is a Police Reservist long service award : Current market value for the set is about R300.00

The cufflinks are unknown--- probably British..

d_ronne
The Horse is a pre-1973 hat/beret badge of the South-African Army Technical Service Corps: current market value : about R90.00

The 2 medals are Rhodesian: The left hand one is a General Service medal. The Right hand one is a Police Reservist long service award : Current market value for the set is about R300.00

The cufflinks are unknown--- probably British..

Hi GPoel thanks for the information. Much appreciated. Regards Dan