Sign in to follow this  
petok

Shipping Charges by sellers.

petok    10
petok

I have not purchased from this site for some time due to a bad experience with shipping charges.Why is it that sellers are not requested to supply info. on shipping charges?

Some time back I bought a wrist watch for R1. Only to find out that the shipping charged was R400.

I will not bid on anything that doesn't provide me with shipping charges before buying/bidding.

qball    11
qball
I have not purchased from this site for some time due to a bad experience with shipping charges.Why is it that sellers are not requested to supply info. on shipping charges?

Some time back I bought a wrist watch for R1. Only to find out that the shipping charged was R400.

I will not bid on anything that doesn't provide me with shipping charges before buying/bidding.

We generally discourage Sellers from listing or charging excessive or high shipping charges, as this may be a deterrent to many potential Buyers.

As there are many different types of shipping and delivery methods, seller locations, the costs and methods may vary from Seller to Seller. Some Sellers include handling fees (which are allowed within reason), these generally cover the Seller's packaging costs and other ancillary costs attached to shipping the item. There are no standard fees or methods prescribed by bidorbuy, this is entirely at the discretion of the Seller. We generally advise the Seller to keep these costs to a minimum and to keep them realistic and fair. We also cannot vett or verify every sellers shipping method or costs as there are too many variations, too many products etc.

You may use the Q and A (Ask the Seller a Question) section under the Buy Now or Bid Now button to discuss the shipping costs with the seller. Please also check the shipping costs before placing your bid, this will minimise any issues and unpleasantness if you have already bid on the item without reading the shipping. Sellers who have excessive shipping costs can be reported to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for investigation.

Vegar    10
Vegar

Check the tab which says 'Shipping and Payment' right next to the 'Description' tab. It is easy to miss if you are not aware of it being there but it is the same on E-Bay.

qball    11
qball
Check the tab which says 'Shipping and Payment' right next to the 'Description' tab. It is easy to miss if you are not aware of it being there but it is the same on E-Bay.

That is correct. The reason we have done this is due to "best practice methods" and better usability. Descriptions can be incredibly long, which requires a user to keep scrolling down the page, therefore the user might feel inclined not to keep scrolling down the page as it is time consuming and annoying, therefore a tab, clearly marked Shipping and Payment was added to the top of the Description for ease of use, where all the shipping and payment details can be located. Some sellers also include this in there descriptions but usually at the bottom. It is up to the buyer to ensure they read the shipping first and if happy with the charges proceed with the bid or buy the item.