Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Bee Attack

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Bees are extremely unpredictable - and, yes, life-threatening if a swarm stings you!

And do you know, a dead bee can also sting you if you happen to touch it in the wrong way?

I forget the name of the man who predicted that if the world's bee population were to die off, the world would be doomed within 4 years!

alloway65    10
alloway65
Bees are extremely unpredictable - and, yes, life-threatening if a swarm stings you!

And do you know, a dead bee can also sting you if you happen to touch it in the wrong way?

I forget the name of the man who predicted that if the world's bee population were to die off, the world would be doomed within 4 years!

The world's bee population is dying off and the experts are battling to find the reason for this major problem.

Two years ago we had a bee swarm that made a home under our Gazebo floor....took me months to coax them out.

Last year we had a swarm under the deck by the pool pump....very difficult to remove.

With Grandchildren about too risky to let them stay put.

I had no luck trying to get hold of a "beekeeper".

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

There is a colony of bees, in the power substation across the street from my lovely "Bramley holiday home" (yes I work in reverse). Particularly, in the summer time, when the sun goes down, they don't know where to go, so they head for the light or light bulbs.I got a lot of my exercise chasing them out, or hoping around trying not to step on one during this last holiday season Reporting this to the municipality has only been am exercise in frustration......

alloway65    10
alloway65

To be honest I much prefer the sound of the sea to turbines and the smell of the sea to that of burning coal....but we are all different!!!!:wink:

svw    10
svw
The world's bee population is dying off and the experts are battling to find the reason for this major problem.

Two years ago we had a bee swarm that made a home under our Gazebo floor....took me months to coax them out.

Last year we had a swarm under the deck by the pool pump....very difficult to remove.

With Grandchildren about too risky to let them stay put.

I had no luck trying to get hold of a "beekeeper".

Next time before they become settled make a fire in a wheelbarrow and park it so that the wind blows it in their direction and as the wind changes direction you can just wheel the barrow into a different position or put your sprinkler on and keep everything wet they will soon decide to move away!

captain emo    11
captain emo

Not unusual to have one person targeted by so many bees if a swarm is in the area. Not only does each sting pump toxin into whatever is stung, it also releases a pheremone which provokes the others into stinging. Call it evolution's way of getting the job done.