Sign in to follow this  
TribalTrade

Crazy Newsletters?

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I have not received any Crazy Wednesday Newsletters for a few weeks now already.

I see that buyers are bidding crazy for advertising spots on these advertising banners, but do they really get exposure?

I went into the "update my account" tab in my account, and saw that you have the option to choose which newsletters you want to receive. There is even an option for "Crazy Wednesday" newsletters???

All tabs are unticked. These have not always been there.

Are these e-mails not supposed to go out to every Bidorbuy user automatically? How many users have this block unticked in there accounts?

I feel that the Crazy Auctions are already a risk, and that Bidorbuy should definitely promote this auction better, as this is also one of their biggest drawcards.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Well, seeing that nobody at "The BidorBuy Team" seems to have the time in their hectic schedule to explain the query I had, I would rather make my own conclusion:

I would not even think about buying space in the Crazy Wednesday Newsletter, as I would not get the promised exposure.

Good luck to the sellers that spend thousands thinking that these e-mails actually gets sent to thousands of users.

I have checked with three e-mail accounts today, and not one of them received the Newsletter.

There used to be a time (when Bidorbuy were still dependant on getting buyers to the site) that the Crazy Wednesday Newsletter got e-mailed to all.

I wonder how many users are aware that they first have to select this option in their accounts before receiving it?:rolleyes:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I have been on this site since 2008 and the option to choose the newsletter and other emails has always been there.

I can remember making my selections when I set up my account.

qball    10
qball
Well, seeing that nobody at "The BidorBuy Team" seems to have the time in their hectic schedule to explain the query I had, I would rather make my own conclusion:

I would not even think about buying space in the Crazy Wednesday Newsletter, as I would not get the promised exposure.

Good luck to the sellers that spend thousands thinking that these e-mails actually gets sent to thousands of users.

I have checked with three e-mail accounts today, and not one of them received the Newsletter.

There used to be a time (when Bidorbuy were still dependant on getting buyers to the site) that the Crazy Wednesday Newsletter got e-mailed to all.

I wonder how many users are aware that they first have to select this option in their accounts before receiving it?:rolleyes:

Unfortunately we are not permitted by law to send unsolicited emails, the user must opt in to receive marketing communication from us, thus select from the options available which newsletter they would like to receive. When a user registers they get to choose which newsletters they wish to receive, we do not automatically send you these emails unless you have specifically opted in to do so, in accordance with both the CPA and the ECT Act. Please do not confuse this with possible technical issues with delivery of mail. We have recently expanded the number of newsletters we send out covering a variety of topics, not just Crazy Wednesdays.

My suggestion is to speak to one of those sellers who advertise in the newsletter, they will tell you how well it works...

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade
Unfortunately we are not permitted by law to send unsolicited emails,

Thank you for the response. As a seller I would like to get an indication from you on how many "Crazy Wednesday" e-mails are going out?

If you compare the amount of total registered users, with the amount of users that opted to receive the mail, would it be worth it to advertise through this channel?

qball    10
qball
Thank you for the response. As a seller I would like to get an indication from you on how many "Crazy Wednesday" e-mails are going out?

If you compare the amount of total registered users, with the amount of users that opted to receive the mail, would it be worth it to advertise through this channel?

Around 300 000 subscribers, give or take a few.

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I also wasn't aware of this - the option of choosing to receive the newsletter or not. I have now selected not to receive the Wednesday newsletter, but have selected the "rare finds" newsletter.

Is it now possible to bring this to the attention of all buyers and sellers (the issue of multiple options, not the issue of me selection "rare finds" )? I'm sure more people will select the option that would interest them the most.

qball    10
qball

These are relatively new, so we will be doing some more marketing on the newsletters shortly. It was included in Crazy Wednesday newsletter a week or 2 ago...

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I have updated my account over the last two weeks at least 5 times to "Receive the Crazy Wednesday" Newsletter.

It seems that your system just automatically removes my tick!

I just looked again, and my tick has been unselected again.

Please sort this out.

rezizter    10
rezizter
I have updated my account over the last two weeks at least 5 times to "Receive the Crazy Wednesday" Newsletter.

It seems that your system just automatically removes my tick!

I just looked again, and my tick has been unselected again.

Please sort this out.

Have added you to the newsletter.

Also confirmed that your details are now on our mailing server, and I have sent you a copy of this weeks Crazy Wednesday, just to test. Could you confirm if you have received it?

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Thank you. I received it.

cheryl ann    10
cheryl ann

I have phoned bid or buy now on three seperate occasions regarding the Crazy Wednesday newsletter, as I now never receive them. Each time I phoned I was asured by the staff member that I would now receive them, But still have not. What is going on. I agree selllers are spending good money on the ads not knowing if anyone receives them

Bid or buy please see that I get the newsletter

alloway65    10
alloway65

Can anyone receive these newsletters or just the large sellers?

qball    10
qball

There can be a number of reasons why an email is not received. Anyone who subscibes to the newsletter should get it unless there are filters, mail marshal software or spam blockers that are blocking the mails. It could also be an ISP issue on the recipients side. Cheryl we will look into your issue.

qball    10
qball
Can anyone receive these newsletters or just the large sellers?

Any user that subscribes will get it.

rezizter    10
rezizter
I have phoned bid or buy now on three seperate occasions regarding the Crazy Wednesday newsletter, as I now never receive them. Each time I phoned I was asured by the staff member that I would now receive them, But still have not. What is going on. I agree selllers are spending good money on the ads not knowing if anyone receives them

Bid or buy please see that I get the newsletter

I have added you to the news Letter.

They are going out tomorrow, will post here when they are done. there after could I ask you and Tribal to confirm receipt of them?

rezizter    10
rezizter

@Tribal, I see your campaign mail was sent at 12:49 today, please confirm if it was received.

@ cheryl ann yours has been sent but does show that it is still in yahoo's mail queue. Will confirm once delivered.

rezizter    10
rezizter

cheryl ann, logs telling me your mail was delivered at 14:16. Please confirm

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Thank you. I did receive it.

cheryl ann    10
cheryl ann

Just to thank you, I have received the crazy Wednesday newletter