Sign in to follow this  
Xarion

scammers on the site

Xarion    10
Xarion

I have always used BOB and once I used another online auction and got bitten and that was because you couldnt review your buy/serller. I see that the scammers are here and are making fake reviews to up their status. It is hard to prove though. What does one do? Its really killing the idea, now I would rather just go to the store.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You ask what does one do ... report each one you come across to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za with good reasons why you are reporting them. Good luck!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
I have always used BOB and once I used another online auction and got bitten and that was because you couldnt review your buy/serller. I see that the scammers are here and are making fake reviews to up their status. It is hard to prove though. What does one do? Its really killing the idea, now I would rather just go to the store.

Please explain what you mean, I am a bit confused by what you mean by making fake reviews to up their status:confused:

ka69    10
ka69

I've noticed a couple of weird ratings on some seller's ratings scores.

I.E. Seller is racking up negative ratings like mad, all of a sudden some positives appear. After looking at them closely I spotted the following things:

1. The buyer rates positive for prompt delivery and service the day after the auction closed allthough they are seperated by several hundred km's.

2. These are mostly cheap items.

I got to wondering if this might be a "phone a friend" scenario as in "Hey buddy, my ratings are taking a pounding. Help out."

Buddy then buys or bids on some cheap items, but payment does not go through BoB (argueably deposited directly into sellers account) . Buddy then rates positive. All the seller loses is the success fee BoB charges, but as this is a cheap item....

Or, some buyers are not yet jaded and just rate positive the day after payment out of the kindness of their hearts!!

voldermort    10
voldermort
I've noticed a couple of weird ratings on some seller's ratings scores.

I.E. Seller is racking up negative ratings like mad, all of a sudden some positives appear. After looking at them closely I spotted the following things:

1. The buyer rates positive for prompt delivery and service the day after the auction closed allthough they are seperated by several hundred km's.

2. These are mostly cheap items.

I got to wondering if this might be a "phone a friend" scenario as in "Hey buddy, my ratings are taking a pounding. Help out."

Buddy then buys or bids on some cheap items, but payment does not go through BoB (argueably deposited directly into sellers account) . Buddy then rates positive. All the seller loses is the success fee BoB charges, but as this is a cheap item....

Or, some buyers are not yet jaded and just rate positive the day after payment out of the kindness of their hearts!!

Funny thing is that a few buyers do exactly that - rate positive the minute after completing order and long before parcel has even been wrapped, never mind posted.

Obviously there could be some shady deals happening but this could be one of the buyers who rate immediately? :hm:

ka69    10
ka69

I assumed some buyers rate immediately, it just looks sort of odd if you look at the entire setup when a spate of bad ratings suddenly grow a crop of good ones one after the other. I'm not saying all these are peculiar, but if a person rates good for "Item received" the day after bidding/buying they are either very trusting souls or are really lucky with SAPO.

Or maybe I've just got a horrible, suspicious twisted mind....

BTW, like your avatar voldermort.

Edited by ka69
Spelling

voldermort    10
voldermort
BTW, like your avatar voldermort.

Thank you ka69, I'm rather partial to it myself :cool:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Thank you ka69, I'm rather partial to it myself :cool:

And the right colour for a proud Blue Bulls supporter.

voldermort    10
voldermort
And the right colour for a proud Blue Bulls supporter.

almost choked on my damn cigarette now.........but than I remembered & immediately felt better again, they are now the Pink Bulls, not so :amuse:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Funny thing is that a few buyers do exactly that - rate positive the minute after completing order and long before parcel has even been wrapped, never mind posted.t

Obviously there could be some shady deals happening but this could be one of the buyers who rate immediately? :hm:

I have to agree, a lot of newbies rate positive after confirmation from the seller that they have mailed the item to them,whether they receive it or not is not an issue to them, because they have not experience a negative transaction as of yet, When a new person rates me positive I always write them back with a friendly but informative message, enlightening them of there super powers and how they should be used:bigsmile:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
almost choked on my damn cigarette now.........but than I remembered & immediately felt better again, they are now the Pink Bulls, not so :amuse:

Like Nesquick. But only when they feel the need to get in touch with their feminine side. Your avatar will look

great in pink.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Like Nesquick. But only when they feel the need to get in touch with their feminine side. Your avatar will look

great in pink.

I cannot be serious whilst I have a doggie making eyes at me :amuse:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I cannot be serious whilst I have a doggie making eyes at me :amuse:

Schatzie has very discerning taste.

We had to send the little female to the Schnauzer hotel because she came into

season. She is only 11 months old so Schatzie is mournful and depressed at her absence. The girls are close to

tears all the time. Heartbreaking.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Schatzie has very discerning taste.

We had to send the little female to the Schnauzer hotel because she came into

season. She is only 11 months old so Schatzie is mournful and depressed at her absence. The girls are close to

tears all the time. Heartbreaking.

Ok I may sound like a twit now, but if the female is in season & you have a boyfriend there for her and it is the right time for monkey business....why did you send her on vacation? Is she too young?

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Ok I may sound like a twit now, but if the female is in season & you have a boyfriend there for her and it is the right time for monkey business....why did you send her on vacation? Is she too young?

She must be as close to 2 years old as possible for their own well - being. They also don`t breed easily so we

will have to watch her as a young mother.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

alright

Edited by Just Beachin
cause I don't know how to delete a post

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
alright

You will need to install the Forum Post Deletion software. Ask Admin to send it to you.