Sign in to follow this  
EMMJ TRADING

Little unfair Don't you think?

EMMJ TRADING    10
EMMJ TRADING

Hello forum members,

I would like your opinion about the following.

I sold a item Helicopters - BRAND NEW: Newest 3.5-channel gyro remote control helicopter was sold for R247.00 on 19 Dec at 21:46 by EMMJ TRADING in Rustenburg (ID:84835635)

to a client and payment completed - 19 Dec 22:09, item was sent out with the courier on the 20th December at 11:41.

This evening I receive a neutral rating :sad2: because the buyer claims he paid too much for the item.

Now, I would like to ask, is this a fair rating as the selling price is determined by the highest bidder?

Kind Regards

Sonja

Edited by EMMJ TRADING

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

To my mind this is weird, but I guess when the actual retail price of an item has been reached it is fair to close an auction? I don't know if that facility still exists on BoB but I used it once on one of my items so that a buyer didn't overbid and feel ripped off afterwards.

voldermort    10
voldermort

This was an auction which due to buyers bidding reached the price of R247.00?

Unless you held a gun to their heads & told them to get on & bid, this was their free choice - none of these buyers were bullied into bidding.

Images & description were also all clear to see, if the buyer feels hard done by now perhaps they should have asked whatever it was they wanted to know BEFORE bidding or done some research on prices BEFORE bidding.

Totally unfair to bid on something, taking the price up and then at the end of the day after receiving item which they bought saying "I paid too much, could have bought it for less at the shop" - why didn't they buy it from the shop then to begin with?

Therefore if I were in your position I would ask BoB to remove this rating.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Welcome EMMJ TRADING

That is beyond a joke and unless some funny business was going on with the auction, the buyer could have backed out at any point. With 10 ratings on that Buyers profile they knew what they were doing so must go try their luck somewhere else and maybe that account should be watched because they are either very stupid (we've seen plenty here on BoB) or they are taking a chance.

Ask BoB to look into it and remove the rating because it is rating abuse too.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

If I was you I would(No I would not) be sorely tempted to give the buyer a neutral rating.

"This buyer paid too much for this item,stupid fool":laugh:

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

Kind of a twist on things, but I always wonder, I have had a few Ratings (from Buyers) removed by Bid or Buy after I appealed them and they were found to be unfair. My nag is always, has the buyer been informed in some way that what they did was wrong and that it has therefore been reversed and is there a warning system? There are a lot of Serial Negative Raters out there and most sellers have been tagged by them, those that appeal are lucky, others just have to live with it, but when is a Serial Negative Rater warned or informed that their actions are not on?

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Sellers determine the starting bid. A Buyer decides how 'bad' he / she wants the item and how much he / she is willing to pay for it. At some point, a Buyer should 'exercise' some self-control and stop hitting the 'bid' button. And, if one can buy it 'off the shelf' for less, then Buyer should drag his / her hiney off the sofa and go buy it. 'Sour grapes' (coulda bought it cheaper / paid too much for it) doesn't cut it.

Ruthie

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Sellers determine the starting bid. A Buyer decides how 'bad' he / she wants the item and how much he / she is willing to pay for it. At some point, a Buyer should 'exercise' some self-control and stop hitting the 'bid' button. And, if one can buy it 'off the shelf' for less, then Buyer should drag his / her hiney off the sofa and go buy it. 'Sour grapes' (coulda bought it cheaper / paid too much for it) doesn't cut it.

Ruthie

Remember Winners know when to quit!

wayjen    10
wayjen
Remember Winners know when to quit!

Whiners just don't know when to stop.

waynealberton80    10
waynealberton80

Understand your view, but five minutes ago while i bid on an item in your selling items (Columbia knife) an exact bid from nossa55 very strange, while i was busy. Maybe this is the reason your previous buyer complained.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
Understand your view, but five minutes ago while i bid on an item in your selling items (Columbia knife) an exact bid from nossa55 very strange, while i was busy. Maybe this is the reason your previous buyer complained.

This isn't strange at all, the other bidder had an automatic bid on the item, he placed his maximum bid before you did and when you bid, his bid will automatically match yours and any other bidders until his maximum is outbid.

ka69    10
ka69

Me jumping in again, but this time sellers, I'm on YOUR side!

Vegar    10
Vegar

I have seen sellers who state the estimated value of an item - for example Barrador. I won an auction and was well aware that I bid slightly over the estimated retail value because he clearly stated it in the item description. Look at his rating system and his warning: Do not over bid!

Other Tribal Art - Intaglio Engraved Dragon Pendant : Starting at R1 - No Reserve! was sold for R105.00 on 16 Mar at 19:01 by barrador in Johannesburg (ID:34025970)

wayjen    10
wayjen
I have seen sellers who state the estimated value of an item - for example Barrador. I won an auction and was well aware that I bid slightly over the estimated retail value because he clearly stated it in the item description. Look at his rating system and his warning: Do not over bid!

Other Tribal Art - Intaglio Engraved Dragon Pendant : Starting at R1 - No Reserve! was sold for R105.00 on 16 Mar at 19:01 by barrador in Johannesburg (ID:34025970)

Not sure what we looking at but the first thing that comes to mind is, I wonder if the seller is still active on BoB as no transactions have gone through since the middle of last year so I hope you have not paid yet.

The second thing is, that with all the fuss over market prices that we discussed on the forum, this person is just giving everyone looking at their stuff, that you cannot hold them responsible because you as a bidder paid too much for something of theirs.

Vegar    10
Vegar

Wayjen; I got my item last year ... I was just using his listing as an example of fair trading.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Wayjen; I got my item last year ... I was just using his listing as an example of fair trading.

Good, I was getting worried for a minute and yes that seller seems genuine with that piece they added to their listing but we cannot determine what our items will sell for and I will give an example when we started.