Sign in to follow this  
babyface2

Now i've seen it all

babyface2    10
babyface2

Filed snc and this is the response i get

The book has not been delivered as yet. Do I have to pay first? Please let me know. I want this book desperately.:weird: :shock:

Is there some shop out there where i can get some goodies and go back a week later and ask them if they wanted me to pay before i left with the product

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

It must be a new buyer who don't know how the system works Babyface. :bigsmile:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

This is a strange way of looking at things, but I do know in some other countries, China, for instance, that this is the way it works there.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Could be an idea when you sell an item to send a message to the buyer advising them of total costs including postage & that postage shall take place once payment reflects.

Remember some buyers have never bought a thing online before & truly have no idea how it works - a quick email helps to clear this up + setting their minds at rest that you are indeed a "real "person.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
Is there some shop out there where i can get some goodies and go back a week later and ask them if they wanted me to pay before i left with the product

This buyer buys at Woolies on credit.

ka69    10
ka69

OK, I think i'm going to get bashed. In my recent hassle with a seller (different thread) I said I think the perfect system would be if the buyer pays Bob, they then keep the money untill delivery has been confirmed and then the money gets paid over to the seller. Voila, both parties are protected (easy refund if seller backs out and no loss to seller if buyer does not pay). I know this has been suggested before and BoB has replied that it is not possible due to legalities.

From a buyers perspective BoB is great for the seller; not so great for a buyer. I've stated before; a buyer views a sale as complete once he recieves his item. I think some sellers view a sale as complete once the item has been sent, the buyer must now patiently wait and pray he receives what he paid for.

If a buyer backs out and does not pay, there is probably no real loss to a seller (I don't think sellers post items before receiving payment). If however a seller messes up (does not send, sends different or damaged item, item disappears in the mail) the buyer is stuck with trying to get this sorted out.

Yes, BoB offers some recourse, but if you look at it clinically, no real support in terms of getting your money back from the seller as they reckon it is between you and the seller. Also take a look at what is excluded from the buyers protection programme for verified sellers. The seller I am dealing with was not even aware that dropshipped items are not covered by this programme. He reassured me with " but I am a verified seller and you can claim from BoB if I do not come through with this sale". Not his exact words, but the sentiment was there.

Ok, go ahead. bash me.

Edited by ka69

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
OK, I think i'm going to get bashed. In my recent hassle with a seller (different thread) I said I think the perfect system would be if the buyer pays Bob, they then keep the money untill delivery has been confirmed and then the money gets paid over to the seller. Voila, both parties are protected (easy refund if seller backs out and no loss to seller if buyer does not pay). I know this has been suggested before and BoB has replied that it is not possible due to legalities.

From a buyers perspective BoB is great for the seller; not so great for a buyer. I've stated before; a buyer views a sale as complete once he recieves his item. I think some sellers view a sale as complete once the item has been sent, the buyer must now patiently wait and pray he receives what he paid for.

If a buyer backs out and does not pay, there is probably no real loss to a seller (I don't think sellers post items before receiving payment). If however a seller messes up (does not send, sends different or damaged item, item disappears in the mail) the buyer is stuck with trying to get this sorted out.

Yes, BoB offers some recourse, but if you look at it clinically, no real support in terms of getting your money back from the seller as they reckon it is between you and the seller. Also take a look at what is excluded from the buyers protection programme for verified sellers. The seller I am dealing with was not even aware that dropshipped items are not covered by this programme. He reassured me with " but I am a verified seller and you can claim from BoB if I do not come through with this sale".

Ok, go ahead. bash me.

Forumers! Hold me back!!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
.... the perfect system would be if the buyer pays Bob, they then keep the money untill delivery has been confirmed and then the money gets paid over to the seller. Voila, both parties are protected (easy refund if seller backs out and no loss to seller if buyer does not pay). I know this has been suggested before and BoB has replied that it is not possible due to legalities.

The perfect system can only be found in a perfect world. In an imperfect world, no matter what kind of 'rubber baby bumpers' are put around the wood bars of the play pen, someone, at sometime, will get a knock on the noggin' (not be happy). IF BoB were to offer this type of 'service' (can't even begin to wrap my head around the headaches this would cause or the can of worms it would open up), someone would complain that "Buyer's parcel was delivered yesterday. Where is my money?"... or, "I paid yesterday and the parcel did not arrive today. I want my money back."

Most reputable Sellers view the sale complete once the item has been received to Buyer's satisfaction. There are many 'steps' from listing through delivery and any Seller 'worth his salt' doesn't stop at listing, collecting monies and 'whoooosh'... parcel out the door... no longer my problem, they 'follow through' with their Buyer.

'No real loss to seller'... surely, we are NOT going there! How much is one's time worth listing, packaging, posting, email(s), phone call(s), etc.? How hard is it to 'swallow' promo fees when a Buyer bids/wins/bales? The time spent waiting to file a SNC, waiting for it to be resolved and then it is 'back to square one'... starting all over again with listing the item? And reputable Sellers are just as 'stuck' when an item is damaged or goes missing in the post. We often 'walk hand-in-hand' with the Buyer to get the issue resolved. After all, it is our neck (reputation) on the line.

Yes, BoB offers some recourse, but if you look at it clinically, no real support in terms of getting your money back from the seller as they reckon it is between you and the seller. Also take a look at what is excluded from the buyers protection programme for verified sellers. The seller I am dealing with was not even aware that dropshipped items are not covered by this programme. He reassured me with " but I am a verified seller and you can claim from BoB if I do not come through with this sale". Not his exact words, but the sentiment was there.

If an issue cannot be resolved between the parties to the transaction(s), BoB will do everything possible to facilitate a positive outcome for both Seller and Buyer. It does take time, however. BoB staff doesn't sit on their thumbs all day long. They have piles and piles of email, PMs, customer support tickets, etc. to 'wade through' and phones ringing off the hooks. Until such a time as there is one staff person assigned solely to each Buyer and Seller, it will take time for them to address each and every email, PM, complaint, inquiry, phone call, etc., but they DO address it and resolve the concern and / or issue in as timely manner as humanly possible.

(off the soapbox)

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I couldn't agree with you more Ruthie, insincere buyers can and do hold up the flow of things for up to 3 weeks, 3 weeks we sit on stock, not being able to sell it to a serious buyer, and without the cash flow to rebuild our stock.Management does a great job, but I know it is more skewed in favor of the buyer, and rightfully so, they are the reason we are all doing this!

ka69    10
ka69

Sometime last night I got this terrible headache, then my BP dropped, had arythmia and hart palpitasions, my wife had to do mouth to mouth (did not mind that) and eventually I came to again. For the life of me could not understand what caused this untill I read Not1CentMore's reply to my post. I am now busy returning the coffin my wife had bought in panic, luckily not through BoB or else I would have had a very anoyed seller breathing down my neck (I think one at a time is enough, not sure how Just Beachin feels about me!!)

OK, seriously. I meant a seller has a lower risk of loosing actual money in the event that a sellers messes up, I was not referring to time invested by sellers when a buyer does not come through with payment.

I am also glad to hear that many sellers view a sale as complete only when a buyer has received the item. Not my experiece at present.

As to support from BoB. I lodged a complaint. I have not received much in the way of feedback. Once they mailed my original complaint back to me without any changes. On other occasions they mailed a reply the seller had sent to them, but no real advice as to what I must do next unless I phone them. It also appears that my complaint is being passed from person to person, so maybe that is why it appears to me as if not much is happening on their end.

Lastly, VERY interesting that sellers feel things are skewed to the buyers (Just Beachin's post above) side and buyers (many I've spoken to) feel things are skewed to the sellers side.

Round two, DING DING. LOL

Edited by ka69

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@ka69 - there are two sides to a tennis court!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Sometime last night I got this terrible headache, then my BP dropped, had arythmia and hart palpitasions, my wife had to do mouth to mouth (did not mind that) and eventually I came to again. For the life of me could not understand what caused this untill I read Not1CentMore's reply to my post. I am now busy returning the coffin my wife had bought in panic, luckily not through BoB or else I would have had a very anoyed seller breathing down my neck (I think one at a time is enough, not sure how Just Beachin feels about me!!)

OK, seriously. I meant a seller has a lower risk of loosing actual money in the event that a sellers messes up, I was not referring to time invested by sellers when a buyer does not come through with payment.

I am also glad to hear that many sellers view a sale as complete only when a buyer has received the item. Not my experiece at present.

As to support from BoB. I lodged a complaint. I have not received much in the way of feedback. Once they mailed my original complaint back to me without any changes. On other occasions they mailed a reply the seller had sent to them, but no real advice as to what I must do next unless I phone them. It also appears that my complaint is being passed from person to person, so maybe that is why it appears to me as if not much is happening on their end.

Lastly, VERY interesting that sellers feel things are skewed to the buyers (Just Beachin's post above) side and buyers (many I've spoken to) feel things are skewed to the sellers side.

Round two, DING DING. LOL

No need for the gloves :biggrin:, your questions are valid, and your conversation intelligent. Unfortunately, some situations don't work out, and that is not exclusive to online buying. I personally have not had a bad experience with buying on bob, but I have displayed a lot of the symptoms you described above, with a few buyers. But it's the good ones that makes this a fun and fulfilling project.

ka69    10
ka69

@lilythepink. I realise each story has two sided, what I find interesting is how perception changes depending on which side of the court you are on (buyer vs seller). I see you are very active on the forums and I feel honoured that you reply to my posts. No kidding, seriously :)

@Just Beachin. Like I said in my first post on this thread I expected some flack. I was honestly not "seller baiting" just for the hell of it, I find the inputs from the experienced guys valueble and informative. Thanks for being patient with the Noobs!!

BTW. My issues with seller I was struggling with are slowly being sorted out. Wonderfull how less stressfull things become once one can communicate and sort issues out!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@ka69 - this forum is all about discussion and different points of view. he more points of view expressed the better.

We all get p*** off at times but Cuan keeps us (forumers) in our place! (Yes Just Beachin' - laugh at this again!) Oh dear.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

'Forumers'? Does this mean we were something before what we are now? BRITIS35.gif.

Is this one of those 'politically correct' terms for someone / something not 'native'? PIGEON13.gif....

Is it in reference to someone who 'grows crops' or 'ranches'? pony5-1.gif

Hmmmm.... EVC47112.gif

Ruthie

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
'Forumers'? Does this mean we were something before what we are now? BRITIS35.gif.

Is this one of those 'politically correct' terms for someone / something not 'native'? PIGEON13.gif....

Is it in reference to someone who 'grows crops' or 'ranches'? pony5-1.gif

Hmmmm.... EVC47112.gif

Ruthie

I think it's a new age, natural progression, of the abbreviated English language, referring to "forum members", personally, I adore it, but you will really have to get the true meaning from Lilythepink:wub:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Wise words from a wise lady.....[QUOTE=Not1CentMore;153007]The perfect system can only be found in a perfect world. In an imperfect world, no matter what kind of 'rubber baby bumpers' are put around the wood bars of the play pen, someone, at sometime, will get a knock on the noggin' (not be happy). IF BoB were to offer this type of 'service' (can't even begin to wrap my head around the headaches this would cause or the can of worms it would open up), someone would complain that "Buyer's parcel was delivered yesterday. Where is my money?"... or, "I paid yesterday and the parcel did not arrive today. I want my money back."

Most reputable Sellers view the sale complete once the item has been received to Buyer's satisfaction. There are many 'steps' from listing through delivery and any Seller 'worth his salt' doesn't stop at listing, collecting monies and 'whoooosh'... parcel out the door... no longer my problem, they 'follow through' with their Buyer.

'No real loss to seller'... surely, we are NOT going there! How much is one's time worth listing, packaging, posting, email(s), phone call(s), etc.? How hard is it to 'swallow' promo fees when a Buyer bids/wins/bales? The time spent waiting to file a SNC, waiting for it to be resolved and then it is 'back to square one'... starting all over again with listing the item? And reputable Sellers are just as 'stuck' when an item is damaged or goes missing in the post. We often 'walk hand-in-hand' with the Buyer to get the issue resolved. After all, it is our neck (reputation) on the line.

If an issue cannot be resolved between the parties to the transaction(s), BoB will do everything possible to facilitate a positive outcome for both Seller and Buyer. It does take time, however. BoB staff doesn't sit on their thumbs all day long. They have piles and piles of email, PMs, customer support tickets, etc. to 'wade through' and phones ringing off the hooks. Until such a time as there is one staff person assigned solely to each Buyer and Seller, it will take time for them to address each and every email, PM, complaint, inquiry, phone call, etc., but they DO address it and resolve the concern and / or issue in as timely manner as humanly possible.

(off the soapbox)

Ruthie